2022 Coaching Carousel Begins… | Page 11 | The Boneyard

2022 Coaching Carousel Begins…

Reaction Score
And I’m sure Biff is putting up some of his own money like the millions he invested in St Frances Academy
Hedgie may not hurt with Charlotte's CUSA > AAC move. Observing a successful bought-recruits high school coach with zero college HC or OC/DC experience may be interesting.

Even the nicknamed Biff's Michigan role as "Jim Harbaugh's right-hand man" appears to have been as a mentor, GM-of-sorts while occasionally filling-in running practices in Harbaugh's absence. Might work well with quality OC, DC, and other assistant hires, or potentially not. Time will tell ...

No idea what UConn's total coaching budget is, but there's no way CLT's should be more (if it is).

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I would think Mora acting as DC limited his ability to be engaged on offense and special teams. And...defense was definitely the best performing of the three units.

Hopefully he hires a DC who he can trust to make the calls so he can spend more time helping the other units.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised if he hired an NFL defensive coach as DC.

Reaction Score
So irked by the hiring of Jeff Saturday by the Indianapolis Colts, Gus Bradley turns his back on the NFL and returns to his college coaching roots when he becomes the new defensive coordinator at UConn for his friend Jim Mora.
Would love us to hire Gus Bradley as a DC. We already know Bradley isn’t an nfl HC we don’t know that about Jeff Saturday, an unconventional hire vs hiring a recycled HC why not.

Reaction Score
Lane Kiffin. How many schools does he have to burn for them to know this guy is always looking for the next best job.
Lane hasn’t left anywhere in good standing. Anywhere.

Made a career of promising big things and then leaving before fulfilling it .

Very selfish coach.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Lane hasn’t left anywhere in good standing. Anywhere.

Made a career of promising big things and then leaving before fulfilling it .

Very selfish coach.
That's true when he left Tennessee. But he has been different since. He was fired from USC. Did well as Alabama OC and was hired at FAU....and left them on good terms for Ole Miss.

I think Kiffin has grown up a bit...and I don't see him leaving Ole Miss for Auburn. I think he is waiting for Saban to retire.

Reaction Score

Arizona State

Watch for Oregon offensive coordinator Kenny Dillingham to get a good look. ASU may fall into one of the best hires of the cycle. The talented Dillingham seems to be the leader in the clubhouse, but you never know with an administration that got rid of Herm Edwards then retained the AD who hired him (Ray Anderson). Dillingham, 32, is a proven commodity despite his relative youth. His quarterback, Bo Nix, may get a Heisman Trophy invite. Dillingham would be given all kinds of resources to turn around the Sun Devils. In the new Pac-12 (without USC and UCLA , why can't ASU compete for a playoff spot every year?

Los Angeles Rams running backs coach Thomas Brown is said to be interested. Jackson State's Deion Sanders has already taken his name out of the running saying he'd never go "West."
<-

Colorado

Northwestern defensive coordinator Ryan Walters is largely considered the favorite. Walters played safety for the Buffaloes from 2004-08. If he somehow doesn't get the job, there is a long line of worthy contenders. Departed Auburn coach Bryan Harsin is interested, as is former Texas coach Tom Herman, former Virginia coach Bronco Mendenhall and Sacramento State coach Troy Taylor. Texas analyst and former TCU coach Gary Patterson is also interested in getting back in somewhere. <-

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score
Good God! cbssports can't even get who Ryan Walters' current employer is! Not even getting basic facts accurate kinda undermines one's credibility

Reaction Score
  • 5 year deal expires on December 31st, 2027
  • $500,000 base salary + $500,000 via Athletic Foundation funds = $1,000,000 annual salary
  • Assistant + S&C pool = $1,625,000 per year
  • Support Staff (with benefits) = $507,000 per year
  • Support Staff (without benefits) = $124,500
And I’m sure Biff is putting up some of his own money like the millions he invested in St Frances Academy

Confirmed...

-> Hill says Poggi accepted the job without asking about salary, and the coach is putting his money where his mouth is regarding what the program needs—Poggi says he will donate around $500,000 of his own money to the football program to help with staff pools and bridge the fundraising gap. (Poggi also did this at the high school level.) <-

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Also mentions he finished second to Him Mora for the UConn job last year.
Timing seemed suspect:

“A few days before Michigan won the Big Ten title game, Poggi got serious consideration from UConn to be its head coach. Jim Mora got the job.”

Mora was hired/announced on November 11th 2021. The Big Ten Title Game was December 4th, 2021

Reaction Score
Timing seemed suspect:
How could he finish 2nd for a job that was closed already and had already hired it’s first multiple assistants and I reports of Charlton being hired a good amount of time before their timeline even occurred as the title game was in early December and Mora hired in late November

Reaction Score
Hope he does well in Charlotte. Great city, great recruiting area, should add to success for someone, sometime.

My gut tells me there was a back channel conversation/review of him as a candidate. If he wants to position that as runner up, I don’t care - although that would suggest there were multiple runner ups

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom