2022 Coaching Carousel Begins… | Page 12 | The Boneyard

2022 Coaching Carousel Begins…

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Good luck to Rhule. I know he turned around Temple and Baylor but this is a new level. Temple is similar to us in terms of expectations. Turn it around slowly, great! Baylor was coming out of the Briles scandal so they were ecstatic that Rhule could turn them around. Temple went 2-10 in his first season. Baylor went 1-11. Not sure Nebraska fans would be happy with a sub .500 record in year one and I can guarantee that anything short of 8 wins by year two would make that seat real hot. Turning around a program in the AAC or a scandal ridden program in the Big 12 is nothing compared to the pressure cooker and challenge that will be Nebraska in the B1G.

Reaction Score
Good luck to Rhule. I know he turned around Temple and Baylor but this is a new level. Temple is similar to us in terms of expectations. Turn it around slowly, great! Baylor was coming out of the Briles scandal so they were ecstatic that Rhule could turn them around. Temple went 2-10 in his first season. Baylor went 1-11. Not sure Nebraska fans would be happy with a sub .500 record in year one and I can guarantee that anything short of 8 wins by year two would make that seat real hot. Turning around a program in the AAC or a scandal ridden program in the Big 12 is nothing compared to the pressure cooker and challenge that will be Nebraska in the B1G.
You do realize that Nebraska hasn't had a winning record in 7 seasons? Rhule will instill toughness like Bo Pellini did without being a hot head like Pellini. And, he turned around Baylor which was in terrible shape when he showed up and the Big 12 is a better conference than the Big 10 West. At Nebraska, unlike at Baylor and Temple, he will be able to turn around the roster quickly with the portal and NIL.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
You do realize that Nebraska hasn't had a winning record in 7 seasons? Rhule will instill toughness like Bo Pellini did without being a hot head like Pellini. And, he turned around Baylor which was in terrible shape when he showed up and the Big 12 is a better conference than the Big 10 West. At Nebraska, unlike at Baylor and Temple, he will be able to turn around the roster quickly with the portal and NIL.
We'll see but it's not that he won't be able to do it. It's whether he'll be able to do it quick enough to keep the fanbase happy due to their unreasonable expectations.

Reaction Score
Losing to Army had a little silver lining. If he ran the table with 5 out of 6, there would have been even more eyes following. Losing to a 1 FBS win program took a little wind out of his sails and dashed COY talk.
Interesting point and by making it you're teetering on the edge of Boneyard Heresy. :rolleyes:

The explosion of false starts the second half of the season could dampen some enthusiasm for an assistant coach or two and penalties may well have cost us the Ball State and Army games. Imagine how a coach who took over a 1-11 team and won eight regular season games the next year would look to the Colorado's of the world.......I'm told there's good skiing there too.

Reaction Score
Lane hasn’t left anywhere in good standing. Anywhere.

Made a career of promising big things and then leaving before fulfilling it .

Very selfish coach.
I understand your point, but wouldn't he argue that he left Ole Miss, and other places he's been, in better shape than he found them?

He's sort of like the guy who has commitment issues or other problems yet ends up married five or ten times because each wife figures she can rehabilitate him or she's so special he won't want to leave her.

Reaction Score
Man, that's a lot of guaranteed money! Don't really get why these contracts are so one-sided.
Too much money out there.
He was a successful HC.
AD's won't chance hiring someone who hasn't been a HC.
Just like movie sequels. It worked once so let's do it again.

Reaction Score
Matt Rhule has a deep connection going years back with UConn RB Coach, EJ Barthel... A little position coach carousel

Reaction Score
Matt Rhule has a deep connection going years back with UConn RB Coach, EJ Barthel... A little position coach carousel
Yeah, Barthel might be first on the list of poached coaches. As long as it’s to schools like Nebraska and not those like Temple I’m ok with it

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think if Diaco sets foot back in Nebraska he may get shot…

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Would be surprised to see Deion move. He's really been pushing for HBCU and having them get national respect. Even wants a bowl game of the best HBCU against a FBS team. He doesn't need the money so not sure that would lure him. Plus, there's no personal connection for him to Colorado to make him want to move.

I'd be surprised to see him move.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom