2018 Charli Collier releases a Top 12 . . . | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2018 Charli Collier releases a Top 12 . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Fairfield, the current team will not be at the max on scholarships. Next year they will have four available and he's got only two signed right now so again and again, HE DOES NOT CHASE PLAYERS by signing more to scholarships than the NCAA limit. There are chairs available.

Also, despite Walz's recent success with getting McD AAs, our overall talent level is very likely still short of that of UConn, so he cannot be as picky. He must play the field much more than Aurieamma if he's got a chance of competing with Aurieamma, and that is what every college in the country is trying to do.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I noted this in another thread. Louisville, nor anyone else, is UConn. Aurieamma can select a short list and get almost what he wants each year. Notre Dame and a couple of others are close behind. Walz just recently started signing top talent by putting out a lot of offers. With six McD AAs, it is obviously working. He does NOT over recruit. He never has over the 15 on scholarship, requiring him to chase a scholar shipped player from the team as suggested elsewhere on Boneyard.
Putting out a lot of offers, the majority of which can never possibly be accepted, is over recruiting. I'm not sure this recruiting strategy is working for Louisville either. Of the three McD AAs that Louisville signed last year 1 (Taja) has decided to transfer another (Samantha) played 10 minutes/game. With two higher ranked post player enrolling this year Samantha minutes probably will trend down. So Jeff will not have to technically go to Samantha and say he's not renewing her scholar. Samantha is from our nec of the woods- A Jersey Girl. As Jeff keeps rolling in players with this strategy she will figure it out just like Taj-former Philly Belle did.

For the Class of 2018 JW has offers out to the following players:
Charli Collier
Sedona Prince
Christyn Williams
Zarielle Green
Christina Carr
Valencia Myers
Lindsey Jarosinski
Danielle Cosgrove
Kaitlyn Gilbert
Please do the math for me and tell me where more than 2 of these players would possibly fit on a Louisville roster.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I'm not so sure that Waltz hands out any more scholarship offers than a lot of other head coaches. But, he seems to get these players to at least list Louisville as one of the final 5-10 schools. That's not the case with a lot of other schools.

Reaction Score
I'm not so sure that Waltz hands out any more scholarship offers than a lot of other head coaches. But, he seems to get these players to at least list Louisville as one of the final 5-10 schools. That's not the case with a lot of other schools.

JW is a likable guy and a capable coach for a big time program.......that's more then you can say about a number of his competitors.............if he starts to pull scholarships that will be a problem for him

Reaction Score
Is that the "local" institution of higher learning for Ms. Collier?
Players often like to list their local institution. Just as Megan Walker listed Virginia.

Reaction Score
It's kind of a running joke we have here with so many players getting Cardinals offers. I just assume every player in the country has one.

Not everyone. He didn't offer my daughter

Reaction Score
It's kind of a running joke we have here with so many players getting Cardinals offers. I just assume every player in the country has one.

My daughter is a nifty shooting high school guard and she has NOT gotten one.............yet

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Putting out a lot of offers, the majority of which can never possibly be accepted, is over recruiting. I'm not sure this recruiting strategy is working for Louisville either. Of the three McD AAs that Louisville signed last year 1 (Taja) has decided to transfer another (Samantha) played 10 minutes/game. With two higher ranked post player enrolling this year Samantha minutes probably will trend down. So Jeff will not have to technically go to Samantha and say he's not renewing her scholar. Samantha is from our nec of the woods- A Jersey Girl. As Jeff keeps rolling in players with this strategy she will figure it out just like Taj-former Philly Belle did.

For the Class of 2018 JW has offers out to the following players:
Charli Collier
Sedona Prince
Christyn Williams
Zarielle Green
Christina Carr
Valencia Myers
Lindsey Jarosinski
Danielle Cosgrove
Kaitlyn Gilbert
Please do the math for me and tell me where more than 2 of these players would possibly fit on a Louisville roster.

They all have an equal opportunity at this point to accept his offer, I presume. When players start accepting then he can start telling others that they missed their opportunity. I see nothing wrong with that.

Reaction Score
They all have an equal opportunity at this point to accept his offer, I presume. When players start accepting then he can start telling others that they missed their opportunity. I see nothing wrong with that.

I guess there is a middle ground......kind of like a college accepting applications..........they kind of know what percentage of students will eventually attend.................athletes are a bit less easy to figure out to be sure

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I guess there is a middle ground.kind of like a college accepting applications.....they kind of know what percentage of students will eventually attend.......athletes are a bit less easy to figure out to be sure

Yeah, he knows he is not going to get all of them. I am sure that Geno makes offers to more than just three or four kids a class. It is naive to think that he has never extended offers to more than he can take with the hopes of landing a certain number of those kids.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I'm not registered with Twitter and don't intend to, so I couldn't read the last school on the list. Can someone share that, please?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
What I see wrong with it is there are no applied standards such as team fit,baseline skills or style of play and no loyalty to the existing players. By having no standards like these you have a perennial excuse, as in, the reason we did not win a championship is because we have not recruited the right players. Similar to how the Cards supporters continuously point out that JW never had an Top 10 Players prior to Durr. Serious question, what type of layer would Jeff say no to?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
What I see wrong with it is there are no applied standards such as team fit,baseline skills or style of play and no loyalty to the existing players. By having no standards like these you have a perennial excuse, as in, the reason we did not win a championship is because we have not recruited the right players. Similar to how the Cards supporters continuously point out that JW never had an Top 10 Players prior to Durr. Serious question, what type of layer would Jeff say no to?

I don't understand what you mean by "no loyalty to existing players." If current players are asked to move along because someone better has come in, then that is a lack of loyalty. However, if a better player is brought in at a position and an existing player loses playing time as a result, then that is tough. Work harder and win your playing time back. You can't take the approach of not recruiting the best player just because that player may boot someone out of some PT.

Sounds to me like JW could cure cancer and you would not like him for not curing diabetes, also. But for the record, I don't like him either. No particular reason...

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I don't understand what you mean by "no loyalty to existing players." If current players are asked to move along because someone better has come in, then that is a lack of loyalty. However, if a better player is brought in at a position and an existing player loses playing time as a result, then that is tough. Work harder and win your playing time back. You can't take the approach of not recruiting the best player just because that player may boot someone out of some PT.

Sounds to me like JW could cure cancer and you would not like him for not curing diabetes, also. But for the record, I don't like him either. No particular reason...
That is not what I meant by lack of loyalty and it is JW's recruiting approach that I dislike. Although I'm sure if you give me a minute I can think of something I do like about JW. Alright maybe I'll need more than a minute. The school has a responsibility to sign the best players & competition is good and something I highly encourage. The kind of loyalty that I'm talking about is the kind that would make a player run through the mythical brick wall for you. That kind of loyalty enhances the performance of the signed players and is simply expressed by the phrase "I know coach has my back." How is a Cards player suppose to feel that kind of Loyalty & perform when coach is continuously shopping.

Reaction Score
Yeah, he knows he is not going to get all of them. I am sure that Geno makes offers to more than just three or four kids a class. It is naive to think that he has never extended offers to more than he can take with the hopes of landing a certain number of those kids.

I would say that UConn and ND probably put out fewer offers then most of their competitors because both head coaches are not only looking for skilled players but players with a very specific mentality..........I could be wrong but I don't think JW, Brenda, Kim, etc. are quite as discerning

Reaction Score
Charli Collier
Sedona Prince
Christyn Williams
Zarielle Green
Christina Carr
Valencia Myers
Lindsey Jarosinski
Danielle Cosgrove
Kaitlyn Gilbert

Just wondering: did those players or waltz(sp?) tell you that personally?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Charli Collier
Sedona Prince
Christyn Williams
Zarielle Green
Christina Carr
Valencia Myers
Lindsey Jarosinski
Danielle Cosgrove
Kaitlyn Gilbert

Just wondering: did those players or waltz(sp?) tell you that personally?
All of this (Louisville offers) is in the public domain if you google the players name and read the article.

Here is an example:
2018's top Ranked perim player CHRISTYN WILLIAMS = a "Sweet Beast " - WiseEYEsports

The running joke-just in case you you didn't get it, is that you can hardly find a top 20 Player in classes 2016-2019 THAT DOES NOT have a Louisville offer.

Jmpenn

LVFan; Equitable Visitor
Reaction Score
I'm not registered with Twitter and don't intend to, so I couldn't read the last school on the list. Can someone share that, please?
TN is the last school on the list.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
That is not what I meant by lack of loyalty and it is JW's recruiting approach that I dislike. Although I'm sure if you give me a minute I can think of something I do like about JW. Alright maybe I'll need more than a minute. The school has a responsibility to sign the best players & competition is good and something I highly encourage. The kind of loyalty that I'm talking about is the kind that would make a player run through the mythical brick wall for you. That kind of loyalty enhances the performance of the signed players and is simply expressed by the phrase "I know coach has my back." How is a Cards player suppose to feel that kind of Loyalty & perform when coach is continuously shopping.

It's his job to shop. To criticize a coach for continuously trying to bring in top talent is a bit harsh. I dislike JW for my own reasons but his recruiting efforts are not one.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
It's his job to shop. To criticize a coach for continuously trying to bring in top talent is a bit harsh. I dislike JW for my own reasons but his recruiting efforts are not one.
It is not his job to shop continuously. At some point you have to stop shopping, coach & commit to the players you have, so that those players can fully commit to your program and chase a championship.

Reaction Score
Coco, no coach in the NCAA practices what you're suggesting. Aurieamma does not.

It is not his job to shop continuously. At some point you have to stop shopping, coach & commit to the players you have, so that those players can fully commit to your program and chase a championship.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
go to Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak