2018 Charli Collier releases a Top 12 . . . | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2018 Charli Collier releases a Top 12 . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Coco, no coach in the NCAA practices what you're suggesting. Aurieamma does not.
Geno absolutely does practice this-loyalty. The most recent example is with the recruitment of Horvath-The Australian wing. Although Horvath is a very talented wing the staff announced in the past few weeks that they were no longer pursuing her.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Geno absolutely does practice this-loyalty. The most recent example is with the recruitment of Horvath-The Australian wing. Although Horvath is a very talented wing the staff announced in the past few weeks that they were no longer pursuing her.

Why was he pursuing her in the first place? That doesn't demonstrate loyalty, that indicates that they probably discovered that she is not interested in playing in the US. Continuing to pursue a player a half a world away who doesn't make it clear that she is really interested would cause me to stop pursuing her also.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Why was he pursuing her in the first place? That doesn't demonstrate loyalty, that indicates that they probably discovered that she is not interested in playing in the US. Continuing to pursue a player a half a world away who doesn't make it clear that she is really interested would cause me to stop pursuing her also.
In case that was not a rhetorical question the answer is Horvath was brought to Geno attention via Penny Taylor. The staff evaluated her like any other player and decided not to pursue. JW would have probably sent her an offer via Fed Ex- overnight. :D

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
In case that was not a rhetorical question the answer is Horvath was brought to Geno attention via Penny Taylor. The staff evaluated her like any other player and decided not to pursue. JW would have probably sent her an offer via Fed Ex- overnight. :D

Send her to Baylor. Kim can coach her up.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

My question was, how was not pursuing her a demonstration of loyalty if they stopped pursuing her based on her level of talent? If she had been a better player they would have continued to pursue her, thus throwing loyalty out the window?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
My question was, how was not pursuing her a demonstration of loyalty if they stopped pursuing her based on her level of talent? If she had been a better player they would have continued to pursue her, thus throwing loyalty out the window?
There is no way to answer your question because I do not know on what basis the staff decided to stop pursuing. Talent, and her not willing to come to US would be guesses on both our parts.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I would think Baylor would have an inside track via that other Aussie playing there.

It would be nice if that opened up a pipeline of Aussie players. They seems to be very fundamentally strong players.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
There is no way to answer your question because I do not know on what basis the staff decided to stop pursuing. Talent, and her not willing to come to US would be guesses on both our parts.

The correct answer to support you previous assertions would be that they stopped recruiting her because they decided that it was not showing loyalty to the current players and they decided that it would be recruiting over the players that Geno has already made a commitment to. That is the only way that discontinuing the recruitment of the player was a demonstration of loyalty, as you claimed.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The correct answer to support you previous assertions would be that they stopped recruiting her because they decided that it was not showing loyalty to the current players and they decided that it would be recruiting over the players that Geno has already made a commitment to. That is the only way that discontinuing the recruitment of the player was a demonstration of loyalty, as you claimed.
OK I go with that. Love it when you answer your own question. Thanks! :cool:

Reaction Score
The running joke-just in case you you didn't get it, is that you can hardly find a top 20 Player in classes 2016-2019 THAT DOES NOT have a Louisville offer.

Thanks. I kinda got the joke/criticism. I didn't know 'public domain' equates to the 'truth'. Good to know, though.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The running joke-just in case you you didn't get it, is that you can hardly find a top 20 Player in classes 2016-2019 THAT DOES NOT have a Louisville offer.

It isn't just offers, really. The amount of names associated with Louisville interest is staggering.

Reaction Score
Send her to Baylor. Kim can coach her up.
If Kim was that good then IMHO Baylor should have won more than 1 NC with Griner. To lose to Louisville and beat Uconn by single digits without Stewie scoring and playing 7 minutes. Uconn by 33 in NC. All that talent this past year and got beat by Oregon State. She schedules her OOC based on her opinion of her team.She is a great recruiter. I will give her that but coaching players up. I dont think so! I bet she doesnt want The Big 12 to add Connecticut because they would have trouble winning a Conference Title every year. JMHO.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Charli was visiting ND or ND stopped by her home recently according to Twitter

HGN

Reaction Score
Collier has a pretty good list if you ask me...........Most of the in-state schools and most of the power houses. To me she's just listing her Current Shopping List.

Now the List will not get serious until she list a Top 5. Which may or may not include our beloved Huskies. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Reaction Score
Collier has a pretty good list if you ask me......Most of the in-state schools and most of the power houses. To me she's just listing her Current Shopping List.

Now the List will not get serious until she list a Top 5. Which may or may not include our beloved Huskies. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

You are most likely right but every once in a while a recruit just gets that special feeling for a certain coach/school and takes the dive right in the middle of the process....................

Reactions: HGN
Reaction Score
Collier has a pretty good list if you ask me......Most of the in-state schools and most of the power houses. To me she's just listing her Current Shopping List.

IMHO Houston and UCLA strikes me as the odd inclusions on this list ..... I think she will visit those schools for the curiosity but I think she ends up at either Houston or UCLA

HGN

Reaction Score
IMHO Houston and UCLA strikes me as the odd inclusions on this list ..... I think she will visit those schools for the curiosity but I think she ends up at either Houston or UCLA
You may be right and its anybody's guess. But I am guessing it will take her and a couple more Top 20 recruits at those schools to bring about a Elite 8. Though UCLA is getting better fast.

HGN

Reaction Score
You are most likely right but every once in a while a recruit just gets that special feeling for a certain coach/school and takes the dive right in the middle of the process.....
I agree with that.....And there's no better place to dive right in the middle of than in a sea of NC Trophies. And she can find those in Storrs. :)

Reaction Score
I'm really attempting not to be sacriligious but I can't help but request that the next time Charli communicates with God, family, friends and coaches they all try to be a bit more specific
Charlie --What you forgot is : GOD WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAY!!! Just when you think HE said Texas---HE sends her to Uconn..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom