2016 Recruiting Thread | Page 25 | The Boneyard

2016 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure the likes were because he revealed how the kid probably didn't fit the mold of a HCBD RKG and UConn, picking up a verbal from Skanes, had a much preferred recruit in that regard.

Yeah it's the word of a Rutgers fan... after he picked a non-Rutgers school.

Don't know if I'd take that one to the bank.

Reaction Score
Hello all again.

Through the craziness that is the internet, I now write for the new 247 Rutgers site.

Regarding KJ Gray, it was never split. Crystal ball was 100% BC for him since the first prediction from our staff for him on May 7th.

After dealing with KJ, all I can say is that the schools he didn't pick have dodged a bullet. His coaches were basically begging him to delete his twitter as his mouth pretty much killed his chances with multiple schools that had offered him.

He wasn't even a take for Rutgers at WR (CT product Wright, Canadian Chase Claypool, and NJ Kelvin Harmon are all higher on the board), and that was the reason he decided to reclassify as an athlete and play corner as well. To be honest he really wasn't a take for BC either until then. And even then things were dicey as he didn't receive word that they would take his commitment until the day he committed.
Thanks Jay but I'm an RU fan and when at a point last week he "KJ" cut it to the 4 NE schools then UConn/BC according to a linked thread at RU's site and even SU's site on 247 CB 2 RU prognosticator's had UConn down and 2 BC..whats up with that crystal Ball stuff? So errattic!?!

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure the likes were because he revealed how the kid probably didn't fit the mold of a HCBD RKG and UConn, picking up a verbal from Skanes, had a much preferred recruit in that regard.
Yeah the kids erattic statements had him everywhere but PSU and SU on the east coast.

Reaction Score
@NickyNewark , you got some 'splaining to do.
I think KJ was all over the NE this week.....see JayRU comment below for the lowdown!?! Probably would have been UConn Tuesday but rather no commit than commit then decommit. That's the worse.

Reaction Score
Yeah it's the word of a Rutgers fan... after he picked a non-Rutgers school.

Don't know if I'd take that one to the bank.

Yes I made all of this up and he publicly announced that he would be willing to play CB at camps and in college after being looked at as only a WR prospect for ****s and giggles. Come on man read the tea leaves sometimes, a kid with multiple P5 offers doesn't just come out and do that right before his senior year.

Reaction Score
kampic1 5:04pm via Twitter for iPhone
I'm honored to say that I have been offered by The University of Connecticut #12 @UConnFootball @UConnHuskies

Recruit GA Staff
@RecruitGeorgia
· 3h 3 hours ago
North Gwinnett's RB Kameron Pickett was just offered by the UCONN #Huskies #UCONN

Kameron Pickett is a 5-11 215lb RB from North Gwinnett High Varsity Football, Suwanee, GA. Other offers from Army, Navy, Air Force, Buffalo, Marshall, Miami Ohio, Elon, Georgia State, Jacksonville State, Kennesaw State, Southern Miss.

Pickett hanging w/ some interesting company - Elijah Holyfield (yup):

Kameron Pickett‏@kampic1
Jun 27
Put in work today with @EH_taught_me

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Pickett hanging w/ some interesting company - Elijah Holyfield (yup):

Kameron Pickett‏@kampic1
Jun 27
Put in work today with @EH_taught_me

Just what the dr ordered. A medium build back with catching ability. Soft hands - some burst through the hole in many of the video clips.

Reaction Score
I'd be pretty skeptical about that post about Gray considering he said he wasn't a take until the day before the commitment for BC. The commitment happened over a week ago but the staff kept it quiet to give the kid his moment.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yes I made all of this up and he publicly announced that he would be willing to play CB at camps and in college after being looked at as only a WR prospect for ****s and giggles. Come on man read the tea leaves sometimes, a kid with multiple P5 offers doesn't just come out and do that right before his senior year.

The position stuff wasn't what I was talking about.

If you don't think bashing a kid personally a few days after he didn't pick Rutgers comes off as sour grapes it's not worth explaining why because it should seem pretty self evident.

I mean you felt the need to come to a UConn board and tell us. Insecure much? Also a great way to build trust with future kids - bet they can't wait to talk to you.

Reaction Score
reading between the tea leaves a bit, but Kameron Picket (3* RB out of GA) has seen a pick up in UConn activity per his Twitter followers/following. Skanes, Dixon, Hahn, Coach Brown, Coach Reardon, Coach Cummings, and Aman_UConn all taking part.
Looks like he received an offer back on April 27th. Would be another good sized running back to add to the backfield 5'11" 205, in the mold of Ron Johnson, but a little faster and more elusive. Uconn offer would appear to be his biggest thus far.

Reaction Score
I'd be pretty skeptical about that post about Gray considering he said he wasn't a take until the day before the commitment for BC. The commitment happened over a week ago but the staff kept it quiet to give the kid his moment.
I'm always skeptical with these kids words these days even at the southern FB factories. Recruiting makes even decent kids fickle because we enable it esp when it works to our advantage.

Reaction Score
I think KJ was all over the NE this week.....see JayRU comment below for the lowdown!?! Probably would have been UConn Tuesday but rather no commit than commit then decommit. That's the worse.

NN, it was never going to be UConn for Gray, regardless of skanes. Also, I cant understand what you were looking at in re: to 247. You kept saying that the prediction was split between BC and UC, but as the RU poster above stated, it was BC the whole way on their crystal ball (obv not set stone, but the historic crystal ball only said BC, not split between BC and UC as you stated) and I was just curious what you were looking at.

Now that we know from a very reliable source (BCE24) that he had committed a week earlier and the commitment was kept quiet, was just curious as to where you got your "inside information".

Reaction Score
2016 UConn Offer List (Initial chronology may be off a bit)
  1. Keith Coleman (OG) - Suffield Academy via Hartford Public High School, Hartford CT.
  2. Naseir Upshur (TE) - Imhotep Institute Charter School, Philadelphia PA
  3. Aubrey White (APB/WR) - Wylie East High School, Wylie, Texas (Kansas De-Commit)
  4. Jasen (Jay) Rose (WR/TE/QB) - Southington High School, Southington CT
  5. Anthony Long (DT) - Bishop McDevitt High School, Harrisburg PA
  6. Antonio Dupree (RB/MLB) - Gilman School, Baltimore MD
  7. Richard Merritt (OL) - Archbishop Carroll, Washington DC
  8. Isaiah Wright (DB/WR) - Kingswood Oxford School, West Hartford CT
  9. Kaezon Pugh (RB/LB) - Aliquippa Hugh School, Aliquippa PA
  10. Tyliek Raynor (RB) - Imhotep Institute Charter School, Philadelphia, PA
  11. Lucas Niang (OT/DT) - New Canaan High School, New Canaan CT
  12. Jake Fuzak (DT) - Williamsville South High School, Williamsville NY
  13. Andre Mintze (DE/TE) Imhotep Institute Charter School, Philadelphia PA.
  14. Tymir Oliver (DE) - West Catholic High School, Philadelphia PA
  15. Eric Burrell (S/WR) - McDonough School, Owen Mills MD
  16. Alexander Gagnon (OLB/SS) - Charlotte Catholic High School, Charlotte, NC
  17. Gene Coleman II (WR/DB) - Bergen Catholic HS, Oradell NJ
  18. Ali'i Niumatalolo (LB) - Boardneck High School, Annapolis MD
  19. Nino Leone (OL/DL) - Pingree High School, South Hamilton, MA.
  20. Donald Stewart (WR) - Paramus Catholic, Paramus, NJ
  21. Jovani Haskins (QB/TE/DE) - Bergenfield High School, Bergenfield NJ
  22. Yeedee Thaenrat (RB/SS) - Father Judge High School, Philadelphia PA
  23. Johncarlo Valentin (G/DT) - Imhotep Institute Charter School, Philadelphia PA.
  24. Dan Archibong (TE/DE) - Springfield High School, Springfield PA
  25. Kameron Pickett (RB) - North Gwinnett High Varsity Football, Suwanee, GA
  26. Emmanuel Rugamba (WR/CB) - Naperville Central High School, Naperville, Illinois
  27. Tyler Fleetwood (QB/WR) - Parkview High School, Lilburn GA
  28. CJ Riley (WR) - North Broward Prep School, Coconut Creek Florida
  29. Patrick Volcy (WR/FS) - Golden Gate High School, Naples, Florida
  30. Kolton Huber (WR/SS) - St. Peter's Prep, Jersey City, NJ
  31. Mike Lonsdorf (T) - Immaculata High School, Somerville, NJ
  32. Audie Omotosho (WR) - Plano East High School, Plano Texas
  33. Obi Eboh (CB) - Southlake Carroll High School, Southlake Texas
  34. Kendric Pryor (WR) - Homewood-Flossmoor High School, Homewood Illinois
  35. Grayson Stover (OT) - Hudson High School, Hudson Florida
  36. Devin Singletary (RB) - American Heritage School, Delray Beach, Florida
  37. Steven Frank (QB) - Oswego High School, Oswego, Illinois
  38. Christian Brooks (DE) - Centreville High School, Clifton, VA.
  39. Jack Wegher (Ath/RB) - IMG Academy, Bradenton, Florida
  40. Tyler Watson (OT/DT) - Milton High School, Alpharetta, GA
  41. Kofi Boateng (WR) - Lamar High School, Arlington, Texas
  42. Levi Onwuzurike (DE) - Allen High School, Allen, Texas
  43. Anthony Pegues (RB/APB) - Centennial High School, Frisco, Texas
  44. Jordan Kitna (QB) - Waxahachie High School, Waxahachie, Texas
  45. Ryan Gilmartin (LB/FB) - Charlotte Christian School Matthews NC
  46. Khalil Moore (CB/WR) - Davidson Day High School, Davidson, NC
  47. Taylor Edwards TE/WR/ATH) - Alexis Dupont High School, Wilmington Delaware
  48. Donovan Williams (Ath/DT QB) - D.J. Hylton High School, Woodbridge VA (JMU Commit > UConn Commit 6/18/15)
  49. Keyion Dixon (CB/QB) - Glastonbury High School, Glastonbury CT (UConn Commit 6/19/15)
  50. Eddie Hahn (QB) - Red Bank Catholic High School, Red Bank NJ (UConn Commit 6/24/15)
  51. Quayvon Skanes (WR) - Phillips High School, Chicago, Illinois (UConn Commit 6/25/15)
  52. Tahj Herring (CB/WR) - Suffield Academy, Suffield CT (UConn Commit 6/27/15)
  53. Ben Hartwick (TE/DE) - Mahwah High School, Mahwah NJ (2015 UConn Commit>Greyshirt>?Monmouth Commit?)
  54. *Elisha Daniels (CB) - Cardinal Gibbons High School, Fort Lauderdale Florida (Minnesota Commit when UConn offered)
  55. *ElijahDaniels (CB) - Cardinal Gibbons High School, Fort Lauderdale Florida (Minnesota Commit when UConn offered)
  56. *Darian Bryant (OT) - Springside Chestnut Hill Academy in Philadelphia PA (Temple Commit when UConn offered)
  57. Miles Wolfork (WR/CB) - Largo High School, Upper Marlboro MD (VA Tech Commit 12/21/14)
  58. Scooter Harrington (TE) Greenwich High School, Greenwich CT (BC Commit 2/21/15)
  59. Terrell Hall (DE) - St. John's College High School, Washington DC. (tOSU Commit 3/2/150
  60. Landen Word (LB/FB/TE) - Bishop O'Connell High School, Arlington, VA. (UVA Commit 3/28/15)
  61. Liam Smith (OL/DL) - Red Bank Catholic High School, Red Bank NJ (Duke Commit 4/13/15)
  62. Abdul Adams (RB) - Woodrow Wilson High, Washington DC (Michigan State Commit 4/24/15)
  63. Robert Washington (RB) - South Lake Christian Academy, Charlotte NC (Syracuse Commit 4/25/15
  64. Kobay White (WR) - Bishop McDevitt High School Harrisburg PA (BC Commit 4/29/15)
  65. Jeffrey Pooler (DE/DT) - Chaminade Julienne, Dayton Ohio (Maryland Commit 5/16/15)
  66. Anthony Russo (QB) - Archbishop Wood Catholic High School, Warminster PA (Rutgers Commit 5/18/15)
  67. Justin Witt (OT) - Lincoln-Way West High School, New Lenox, Illinois (NCST Commit 5/18/15)
  68. Andrew Trainer (TE/DE) - St. Stephens & St. Agnes School, Alexandria VA (UVA Commit 5/22/15)
  69. Anthony Brown (DT QB) - St John Vianney High School, Holmdel NJ (BC Commit 5/22/15)
  70. Jesse Meyler (OT) - Episcopal High School, Alexandria, VA (Northwester Commit 5/23/15)
  71. Mike Collins (QB) - New Canaan High School, New Canaan CT (UPenn Commit 5/29/15)
  72. Elias Reynolds (OLB/SS) - Brooklyn Poly Prep School, Brooklyn NY (Rutgers Commit 6/3/15)
  73. Ray Marten (TE/DE/FB - Brooklyn Poly Prep Country Day School - Brooklyn NY (BC Commit 6/5/15)
  74. Charles Baldwin (OL) - ASA College, Brooklyn NY (Windsor CT native) (Alabama Commit 6/5/15)
  75. Taysir Mack (WR) - Grand St Campus High School, Brooklyn NY (Rutgers Commit 6/5/15)
  76. Ahmed Bah (WR) - Grand Street Campus High School, Brooklyn NY (Rutgers Commit 6/5/15)
  77. Brandon Shuman (CB) - Guilliver Prep School, Miami, Florida (Purdue Commit 6/10/15)
  78. Drake Spears (SS/WR)- West Aurora High School in West Aurora Illinois (Illinois Commit 6/12/15)
  79. Houston Miller (DE/OLB) - Keller High School, Keller, Texas (Texas Tech Commit 6/13/15)
  80. Joshua Dryaden (DB) - Bishop Dunne Catholic School, Dallas Texas (Cal Commit 6/14/14)
  81. Kellen Diesch (OT) - Byron Nelson High School, Trophy Club, Texas (Arkansas Commit 6/14/15)
  82. Barrington Wade Jr (RB) - Niles North High School, Skokie, Illinois (Iowa Commit 6/15/15)
  83. Sean McKeon (TE/DE) - Shepard Hill Regional High School, Dudley MA. (Michigan Commit 6/15/15)
  84. Nolan DeFranco (DE) - West Orange High School, Winter Garden Florida (UNC Commit 6/16/15)
  85. Daquan Newkirk (DT) - The First Academy School, Orlando, Florida (Auburn Commit 6/18/15)
  86. Bricen Garner (S) - Central Catholic HS, Pittsburgh PA (Pitt Commit 6/18/15)
  87. Quayshon Alexander - (TE/DE) DePaul High School, Wayne, NJ (Nebraska Commit 6/19/15)
  88. Craig Watts (DB) - Gibbs High School, St Petersburg FL (Wisconsin Commit 6/20/15)
  89. Logan MacDonald (OT) - Ridge Community High School, Davenport, Florida (USF Commit 6/21/15)
  90. Koby Quansah (LB) - Kingswood Oxford School, West Hartford CT (Duke Commit 6/21/15)
  91. Allen Cater (DE/TE) - Mt Paran Christian School, Kennesaw, GA (Indiana Commit 6/21/15)
  92. Jamir Jones (OLB) - Aquinas Institute, Rochester NY (Notre Dame Commit 6/23/15)
  93. Adam Hensley (OLB) - Centerville High School, Centerville Ohio (WVA Commit 6/14/15)
  94. Elijah Johnson (OT) - DeMatha High School, Hyattsville MD (Rutgers Commit 6/25/15)
  95. Bryce Folsom (DE) - Chattahoochee High School, Alpharetta GA (NCST Commit 6/25/15)
  96. Jacob Morgenstern (Ath) - St Luke's School, New Canaan CT (Duke Commit 6/25/15)
  97. Zachary Kastenhuber (LB/FB) - Choate Rosemary Hall, Wallingford CT (Harvard Commit 6/26/15)
  98. Phil Campbell (S/RB) - South Brunswick High School, South Brunswick New Jersey (Rutgers Commit 6/26/15)
  99. Cary Angeline (TE) Downingtown East High School, Downingtown PA (USCw Commit 6/26/15)
  100. Brandon Simon (DE/OLB) - Don Bosco Prep, Ramsey, NJ (Iowa Commit 6/26/15)
  101. Jake Hescock - (TE/DE) - Salisbury High School, Salisbury, CT (Wisconsin Commit 6/26/15)
  102. Ellison Jordan (DT/FB) - Gilman School, Baltimore MD (PSU Commit 6/26/15)
  103. Parnell Motley (WR/CB) - Woodson High School, Washington D.C. (Maryland Commit 6/27/15)
  104. KJ Gray (Ath) - Saint Peter's Prep, Jersey City NJ (BC Commit 6/28/15)
  105. Ben Kimpler (DE) - Libertyville High School, Libertyville, Illinois (Miami -Ohio Commit 6/28/15)

Reaction Score
Elijah & Elisha: Weren't those the names of the twins from Hartford Public who went on to play at Temple a few years ago?

Reaction Score
For all the star gazers out there, you probably already know this however (using 247) in 2014 we had a total of 3 3star recruits, 4 total in 2015 and already 4 in 2016 out of just 5. Gotta hand it to BD.

Far-fetched CR conspiracy theory: Are we telling recruits they'll be playing in a different league at some point in their careers??

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Far-fetched CR conspiracy theory: Are we telling recruits they'll be playing in a different league at some point in their careers??
I highly doubt that

Reaction Score
NN, it was never going to be UConn for Gray, regardless of skanes. Also, I cant understand what you were looking at in re: to 247. You kept saying that the prediction was split between BC and UC, but as the RU poster above stated, it was BC the whole way on their crystal ball (obv not set stone, but the historic crystal ball only said BC, not split between BC and UC as you stated) and I was just curious what you were looking at.

Now that we know from a very reliable source (BCE24) that he had committed a week earlier and the commitment was kept quiet, was just curious as to where you got your "inside information".
I only trace info from 3 boards...RU's/SU's and here...a relative who lives in JC area who knows some SPP FB players told me friends said KJ was seriously thinking UConn and I checked the boards.. KJ delayed saying new things happened after I went to RU's and they claimed in a thread he was announcing Thursday afternoon and RU had no room so NO offer interest from RU and BC was hemming on him and KJ wasn't thinking SU...I went to the 247 Crystal ball and found 5 predictions..2 from RU INSIDERS saying UConn..I passed it here after I saw another who beat me saying UConn might get him and the legend grew...no need for a meltdown as he's a possesion WR and 5th DB...no biggie here...Today Isaiah Wright a BIGGER target for RU and number 2 player in Conn commited and made it 4/5 WRs who were rated higher/better than KJ.... SPPHS HC Hansen steers many to BC For Whatever Reason and I'd hoped HCBD would show his value and earn his bones by picking up a marginal regional recruit from his home state!?! No real mystery....Where was the 247 RU guy "JayRU" BEFORE the commit if he's so informed?? I put what I knew out there...did he until it was over?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
JayRU as a fellow RU fan why wait until AFTER the fact to spill the info? I really didnt think we needed him and actually I wanted him to commit to UConn!! HCBD comes from my moms hometown area in NJ "W.Caldwell" and I know he's known as a recruiter..in my haste to give good news I reached...anyone can look good after he commited? BC AND RU were in a numbers crunch and RU wouldn't even take a commit from KJ but KJ said UConn/BC and later RU/BC?? Straighten out the real story? I'm no phony RU? Don't come after the commit and act like a prophet..put it out here...Was his BC offer commitable? Why play anybody along?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
To save time in the future:

Every player that doesn't pick Rutgers. Rutgers didn't want.

Every player that doesn't pick BC didn't have a commitable offer (whatever that means).

Reaction Score
Looks like Stover has committed to Virginia and Archibong to Temple…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom