2016 Recruiting Thread | Page 34 | The Boneyard

2016 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I'd like to see Lucas Niang from New Canaan commit...he would be a nice get for the OL

Sadly, I don't think we're getting a New Canaan kid to commit until the Marinelli family is long gone from the area.

Reaction Score
Sadly, I don't think we're getting a New Canaan kid to commit until the Marinelli family is long gone from the area.
I am in 100% agreement with you on that one!!! Rumor has it Big Lou is softening his stance on UCONN...my take on this..I'll believe it when I see it!

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Needs some big uglies.

Yeah, a couple more Olineman and one or even two RBs have to be top priority. At virtually all other positions we should be offering to only those that have a higher ceiling than what we already have. In other words, kids that are frankly a reach for us.

Slightly OT: but who do we see as the safety tandem post Obi and Adams? I'd take another safety in this class.

Reaction Score
My (mostly) realistic wish list for the remaining 10ish slots:

1. Jasen (Jay) Rose (WR/TE/QB) - Southington High School, Southington CT
  2. Nino Leone (OL/DL) - Pingree High School, South Hamilton, MA. (As a DL/NT)
  1. Anthony Long (DT) - Bishop McDevitt High School, Harrisburg PA
  2. Lucas Niang (OT/DT) - New Canaan High School, New Canaan CA
  3. Ali'i Niumatalolo (LB) - Boardneck High School, Annapolis MD
  4. Kameron Pickett (RB) - North Gwinnett High Varsity Football, Suwanee, GA
  5. Lukas Masterson (FS/SS) - Gulf Coast High School, Naples, Florida
  6. Keith Coleman (OG) - Suffield Academy via Hartford Public High School, Hartford CT
  7. Kendric Pryor (WR) - Homewood-Flossmoor High School, Homewood Illinois (I don't think we need another WR but love the kids size & plays db)
  8. Taylor Edwards TE/WR/ATH) - Alexis Dupont High School, Wilmington Delaware (as an OLB in the 3-4 or TE a la Cam Stapleton)

Two from my wishlist down.... 5 still available to go! Welcome Mr. Rose!

Reaction Score
Confirmed which way CC?
quoted the above text by Jay Rose about Austin Morin & was told that it is correct. As to status of schollie or prefered walk-on, don't know. That wasn't part of the text I received.

Reaction Score
quoted the above text by Jay Rose about Austin Morin & was told that it is correct. As to status of schollie or prefered walk-on, don't know. That wasn't part of the text I received.

Well, JR sure did his part to help the case by tossing him 3 TDs tonight!

Reaction Score
I'm looking at Valentin, Niang and Merritt. Any of them would be great.

It's still early in recruitment. At this point we don't have a shot at either of them. Niang is a Boston College lean, Valentin is a Virginia Tech lean, and Merritt is an Alabama lean.

Reaction Score
It's still early in recruitment. At this point we don't have a shot at either of them. Niang is a Boston College lean, Valentin is a Virginia Tech lean, and Merritt is an Alabama lean.
Niang is a BC lean...go figure ...a Lou Marinelli coached player being a "lean" to a school coached by the protege of his good friends Paul Pasqualoni and George Deleone...the school where he sent another one of his players who had verballed to Northwestern last year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Valentin is a Virginia Tech lean
I'd be very surprised if JCV ended up @ VT. He was just @ ASU on official visit and loved it. He's also been to Oklahoma on an official w/ Auburn/UCLA on tap.

Reaction Score
Niang is a BC lean...go figure ...a Lou Marinelli coached player being a "lean" to a school coached by the protege of his good friends Paul Pasqualoni and George Deleone...the school where he sent another one of his players who had verballed to Northwestern last year.

Yes, that New Canaan pipeline dried up right after the PPGDL show was cancelled. Thankfully, we got several great players from NC during that 2 1/3 year debacle :confused:

Reaction Score
We might have a real shot at Gene Coleman ( 3* WR 6'0 187 lbs 4.4 forty ) and Taylor Edwards ( 3* WR/TE 6'4 228 lbs ). But are we still looking at WR's?

Reaction Score
We might have a real shot at Gene Coleman ( 3* WR 6'0 187 lbs 4.4 forty ) and Taylor Edwards ( 3* WR/TE 6'4 228 lbs ). But are we still looking at WR's?

They could be looking @ both for the other side of the ball. Edwards plays DE also.

Reaction Score

We maybe looking at adding one more if DB is definitely not coming back. Don't quite know all the details there.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score

Looks like Coleman has UConn as his leader. He would be a great get.

They could be looking @ both for the other side of the ball. Edwards plays DE also.

I remember reading over at Rivals that Edwards said that he was being recruited by UConn as an OLB.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Looks like he'll be committing this week. If I had to guess, I think he ends up at UMass.

Reaction Score
Where does it say that? Are you guys going by 247 having UConn listed as 'warm'? Would definitely be a good get!

Keith Coleman doesn't have a 247 profile yet. I know that cause I just checked earlier today. You may be thinking of Gene Coleman, WR out of NJ who 247 sports has us as "Warm".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom