2016 Recruiting Thread | Page 32 | The Boneyard

2016 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Any word about Jay Rose? Middle of August I seem to recall him saying he'd announce in a couple weeks, before the HS season started.

My suspicion; he is giving UConn very serious consideration - but wants to see what direction Diaco and Verducci are headed first. If the offensive makes another step forward in the Army game, maybe we'll see a decision.

Reaction Score
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...ewis-black-among-visitors-20150904-story.html

>>UConn got a big commitment from a big man right after the win over Villanova Thursday night when Nino Leone, a 6 foot 5, 350-pound offensive lineman from The Pingree (Mass.) School committed for the Class of 2016.
Leone is the seventh member of an outstanding recruiting class which will be small in number because the Huskies aren't losing many over the next couple years. Keepin mind many of their big plays were made by sophomores in the win over the Wildcats.

Anyway, Leone is the third member of the class who attended the game in which about 75 recruits, some committed, some not and some 2017s were in attendance. 2016 Commits Tahj Herringand Keyion Dixon were in the house.

And there were some big 2016 targets in the house, too, including Southington's Jay Rose, Cheshire Academy's Tarik Black, CJ Lewis of Notre Dame-West Haven and C.J. Holmes also of Cheshire Academy<<

CJ Lewis (from Cheshire Academy/not NDWH), Black, and Holmes are all 2017 - not 2016. 2017 Brandon Sabastian from CA was also there.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
wishlist: Rose, a RB and another OL.

Reaction Score
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...ewis-black-among-visitors-20150904-story.html

>>UConn got a big commitment from a big man right after the win over Villanova Thursday night when Nino Leone, a 6 foot 5, 350-pound offensive lineman from The Pingree (Mass.) School committed for the Class of 2016.
Leone is the seventh member of an outstanding recruiting class which will be small in number because the Huskies aren't losing many over the next couple years. Keepin mind many of their big plays were made by sophomores in the win over the Wildcats.

Anyway, Leone is the third member of the class who attended the game in which about 75 recruits, some committed, some not and some 2017s were in attendance. 2016 Commits Tahj Herringand Keyion Dixon were in the house.

And there were some big 2016 targets in the house, too, including Southington's Jay Rose, Cheshire Academy's Tarik Black, CJ Lewis of Notre Dame-West Haven and C.J. Holmes also of Cheshire Academy<<

CJ Lewis (from Cheshire Academy/not NDWH), Black, and Holmes are all 2017 - not 2016. 2017 Brandon Sabastian from CA was also there.
75 recruits at the game. Talk about going all in.

Reaction Score
You'll have to wait for a big OL. ;)
This kid isn't big. He's a small moon. 6'-5", 350? Good grief!!:eek:
you guys see his 40 time? 5.1-that's absurd for a 350 pound lineman! Oh and he also plays basketball for his high school. Another big body 2 sport athlete for Diaco. Watch-now other schools will start offering (it's been the trend recently) (although he only has an 18 inch vertical (luckily lineman don't have to jump high)

Reaction Score
you guys see his 40 time? 5.1-that's absurd for a 350 pound lineman! Oh and he also plays basketball for his high school. Another big body 2 sport athlete for Diaco. Watch-now other schools will start offering (it's been the trend recently) (although he only has an 18 inch vertical (luckily lineman don't have to jump high)
the kid is a true athlete. moves as well as any 330+ lineman I have seen at any level

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Tyler Watson committed to Wake Forrest today.

Reaction Score
Can't hurt that we are the only local school in his final four offering him a shot at QB

Not true, Vike. Diaco told Rose he doesn't think he's a QB. Go figure- over 70% completion percentage and nearly broke the state TD record. Easily the best QB in CT. Starts this season with a 300 yd game and 6 TD's- with only throwing one pass in the 3rd Q and sitting out the 4th. Told by several D1 QB coaches at QB camps that he is absolutely a D1 QB and Diaco decides he can't play QB. I don't know a lot about the other QB recruits, but this is concerning...

Reaction Score
Not true, Vike. Diaco told Rose he doesn't think he's a QB. Go figure- over 70% completion percentage and nearly broke the state TD record. Easily the best QB in CT. Starts this season with a 300 yd game and 6 TD's- with only throwing one pass in the 3rd Q and sitting out the 4th. Told by several D1 QB coaches at QB camps that he is absolutely a D1 QB and Diaco decides he can't play QB. I don't know a lot about the other QB recruits, but this is concerning...

So you are stating unequivocally that UConn has not offered Rose as a QB despite multiple reports that they have?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wait, what? So UConn is in fact NOT recruiting him as a QB? Is this new news? I thought it's been reported that we and Cuse are recruting him as QB. Do you have inside info??

Reaction Score

Not buying any of this. First off it is widely known that UCONN has offered him as a QB. Even if that weren't true, I am fully challenging the several D1 coaches comment due to the fact that is it is also widely known that many of his D1 offers are at TE. So all these coaches at camps tell him he is a D1 QB but nobody offers him a QB scholly? Not buying it. Either way, stop trashing the staff. I don't care what he is I want him in blue next year. But if he isn't good enough to be a QB then HCBD is not the only one saying so, not by a long shot.

Reaction Score
Yeah Borges and others have reported UConn is recruiting him as a QB in the past week or so and I've read the same elsewhere..

Reaction Score
Rose is being recruited as a QB by UCONN. Not sure where other poster is getting info.

Reaction Score
Not buying any of this. First off it is widely known that UCONN has offered him as a QB. Even if that weren't true, I am fully challenging the several D1 coaches comment due to the fact that is it is also widely known that many of his D1 offers are at TE. So all these coaches at camps tell him he is a D1 QB but nobody offers him a QB scholly? Not buying it. Either way, stop trashing the staff. I don't care what he is I want him in blue next year. But if he isn't good enough to be a QB then HCBD is not the only one saying so, not by a long shot.

Chill out guys. I want Rose to play QB at UCONN just as much as any of you, believe me. I wish this wasn't true. Don't believe it if you choose not to. I'm not saying he's not choosing UConn. I'm saying they don't plan on taking him as a QB. I'm as frustrated about it as any of you. I think this kid can really play and would be great at QB for UConn. I'm just saying that is he chooses UConn, it isn't because he's been told he will be a QB...Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom