2016 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Last edited:

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Where does it say that? Are you guys going by 247 having UConn listed as 'warm'? Would definitely be a good get!

There is an article about Gene Coleman on 247 where he says that UConn and Buffalo are standing out to him with UConn leading Buffalo.

Reaction Score
FWIW posted on Main Football thread regarding Suffield Academy via Hartford Public OL Keith Coleman:
Had a nice conversation with his mom at the hotel I stayed while up for the UCONN /Navy game. She was working and we just struck up a conversation about Football. She talked about UCONN, Penn State, BC and Temple. I of course pushed UCONN and she seemed like he could lean anyway, but was seriously considering UCONN because of Patterson and Cummings.

Reaction Score
Looks like Jeffrey Pooler (dt) has de-committed from Maryland, but I do not believe he is considering us anymore (if he ever really was). Looks like he is looking at West Virginia, Wisconsin and yes Maryland still...

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Looks like Jeffrey Pooler (dt) has de-committed from Maryland, but I do not believe he is considering us anymore (if he ever really was). Looks like he is looking at West Virginia, Wisconsin and yes Maryland still...

I read that he was considering WV, Wisconsin, and Louisville.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Another name to keep an eye on...

DeUnte Chatman. A 6-1 220lb RB/LB from Summer Creek HS in Humble Texas now attending Loomis Chaffee School in CT. Reported offers from Army, Navy, Florida A&M, New Mexico, New Mexico State and possibly Washington State. Looks like he was headed to New Mexico State for 2015 then went PG instead.

Reported to be camping with UConn on 6/22.

247 reports that he has a UConn offer... I don't if that is accurate or not, but the staff seems to be recruiting him as he was given a pass to watch the Villanova game.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
A couple of Rutgers insiders for 247 made Gene Coleman to UConn crystal ball picks this morning. Hopefully they have some actual intel...

Reaction Score
A couple of Rutgers insiders for 247 made Gene Coleman to UConn crystal ball picks this morning. Hopefully they have some actual intel...
Or they monitor what is said here...LOL

Reaction Score

I saw that... what scares me is that 247 tends to be the least accurate of the major sites. Less vetting than the other sites for the Northeast. I normally try to get cross site confirmation before I include offers but....

Reaction Score
247 reports that he has a UConn offer... I don't if that is accurate or not, but the staff seems to be recruiting him as he was given a pass to watch the Villanova game.

a Texas kid going to a prestigous school now in CT that committed to New Mexico State back in January... Would be a nice pick up at RB.. Nice size at 6' 218lbs... Fits in the Ron 'Big Daddy' / M Delorenzo mold.... per Rivals, notable offers are/were Army, Washington State, New Mexico, with Texas interest...

Reaction Score
AliiNiumatalolo 3:02pm via Twitter for iPhone
Releasing my top 4 in a few minutes

AliiNiumatalolo 3:09pm via Twitter for iPhone
TOP 4 s/o @Claywill3_ for the cleanest editt#KD #AGTG
CQftPYaXAAAqmFN.jpg

Reaction Score
To clarify, he said he is still considering other schools. Those are just his top 4 as of now.

The "disclaimer" about being open to other schools is in the thread w/ his name... and currently it appears he doesn't hold an offer from Utah yet.

Reaction Score
Playing for a Polian is going to gain in momentum soon. I think you are then going to see the Nevada coach move on to a higher level.

Reaction Score
Anybody think we'll pursue the JUCO route for OL help? I'm not talking about last minute this time, because every prep/HS we recruited committed elsewhere... We need the help up front...It's clear IMO... We need 1 kid that can come in and have an immediate impact... I'm not sold on our current OTs at all...

Reaction Score
Anybody think we'll pursue the JUCO route for OL help? I'm not talking about last minute this time, because every prep/HS we recruited committed elsewhere... We need the help up front...It's clear IMO... We need 1 kid that can come in and have an immediate impact... I'm not sold on our current OTs at all...
Ktuck there are still at least 6 OL we have offered that haven't committed yet...

Reaction Score
I don't see this staff going the juco route as you rarely find RKGs there. I could potentially see a transfer, but would be surprised to see us active among jucos

Reaction Score

I think our OL definitely needs to improve and we need another probably 2 recruits with the losses we have for next year. However, none of those losses play significant time. I could see maybe an interior lineman JUCO transfer before an OT. Next year Knappe and Levy will return as 3rd year starters, fifth year guys with more than 20 starts and 2 years of offensive playbook under their belt. I think they are trending in the right direction and one is a returning captain. I would be shocked if we brought in a guy to replace one of them. Now a JUCO may have more than one year of eligibility and there may be some need after those two leave for sure. I think most of our issues on the edge so far this year are lack of knowing assignments, and that could be just as much a back or TEs fault. Getting Crozier back next year should help a great deal as well.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
WR CJ Riley is visiting Nebraska this weekend per Huskerboard.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads