2015 Recruiting Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2015 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
Alex Gleitman ‏@alexgleitman 1h
#UConn offers 2015 TE @Clark8Chris http:// /Player/Chris-Clark-16169…

Although he has always tweeted his offers....so either its not true or he doesn't care

I'm thinking the latter:

ScoutBrianDohn ‏@BrianDohnScout Feb 21
was thinking ...at some point @Clark8Chris will stop getting offers because he will have them all ...Connecticut has never beeen so popular

247 has been all over his recruiting. List updated.

Kid's got 34 offers and counting... @Clark8Chris: Blessed to say I have received an offer from Alabama #ROLLTIDE"

Reaction Score
I'm thinking the latter:

ScoutBrianDohn ‏@BrianDohnScout Feb 21
was thinking ...at some point @Clark8Chris will stop getting offers because he will have them all ...Connecticut has never beeen so popular

247 has been all over his recruiting. List updated.

Is Chris Clark actually from Avon and attending AOF as all these sites seem to say, or is he a 5th year prep transplant from somewhere else? Basically, any real CT ties?

Reaction Score
Is Chris Clark actually from Avon and attending AOF as all these sites seem to say, or is he a 5th year prep transplant from somewhere else? Basically, any real CT ties?

He's from from Ridgewood, New Jersey and attended Don Bosco Prep before transferring to AOF (as a junior I think). Played on same team when Tyler Samra was a senior in 2011-2012.

Reaction Score
Updated...

1. Tommy Hatton (OL) - St. Joseph Regional HS, Montvale NJ
2. Steve Gonzalez (OT) - Union City HS, Union City NJ
3. Naz Bonner (APB) - Imhotep Institute Charter School, Philadelphia PA
4. Kareem Ali (CB) - Timber Creek Regional HS, Gloucester Twnshp NJ
5. Christian Wilkins (DT) - Suffield Academy, Suffield CT
6. Taj-Amir Torrez - (WR/ATH) - Amherst Regional HS - Amherst MA
7. Jordan Fox (OLB/TE) - St Peter's Prep, Jersey City NJ
8. Minkah Fitzpatrick (CB) - St Peter's Prep, Jersey City NJ
9. Brandon Wimbush (DT QB) - St Peter's Prep, Jersey City NJ
10. Jay Stocker (S) - Coatesville Area HS, Coatesville PA
11. Dionte Austin (CB) - Calvert Hall College HS, Towson MD
12. Juantez McRae (S) - Calvert Hall College HS, Towson MD
13. Justin Spencer (CB/Ath) - Oviedo HS, Oviedo FL
14. Sam Tecklenburg (DT/TE/OT) - Plano HS, Plano Tx
15. Jalen Christian (ATH/CB) - Damascus HS, Damascus MD
16. Chris Garrison (TE) - Lawrence Academy, Groton MA
17. Matt Burrell (OT) - CD Hylton HS, Woodbridge VA
18. Shareef Miller (DE) -Frankford HS, Philadelphia PA
19. Will Harris (DB) - Choate-Rosemary Hall, Wallingford CT
20. Quinn Oseland (OL) - Sacred Heart Griffin, Springfield Ill
21. Zach Allen (DE/LB) - New Canaan HS, New Canaan CT
22. Najee Clayton (WR) - Paramus Catholic HS, Paramus NJ
23. Saleem Brightwell (OLB) - Paramus Catholic HS, Paramus NJ
24. Dave Tolentino (NG/T) - St. Peter's Prep, Jersey City NJ.
25. Chris Clark (TE) - Avon Old Farms Prep, Avon CT
26. Leon Thornton (WR) - Montini Catholic, Lombard Ill.
27. Anthony Palazzolo (DT) - Fairfield Prep, Fairfield CT (BC Commit)
28. De'Andre Johnson (DT QB) - First Coast HS, Jacksonville FL (FSU Commit)
29. DuWayne Johnson (CB) - Woodson HS, Washington DC (VT Commit)
30. Dexter Neal (WR) - Stephenson HS - Stone Mountain GA (USCe Commit)
31. Chauncey Rivers (TE/DE) - Stephenson HS - Stone Mountain GA (UGA Commit)
32. Andrew Butcher (DE) - Alpharetta HS, Alpharetta GA (Tennessee Commit)
33. Arrington Farrar (S) - Woodard Academy, College Park GA (Stanford Commit)
34. Marcus Walker (S) - Lake Wales HS, Lake Wales FL (UK Commit)
35. Carlton Davis (S) - Norland HS, Miami FL (University of Miami Commit)
36. Ryan Buchholz (DE/TE) - Great Valley HS, Malvern PA (PSU Commit 2/24)

Caveat - This list includes both previous and current staff offers.

Reaction Score
Penn State has been hitting the recruiting trail HARD! Already they have three 4* players and three 3* players and its only February. #Grind

PSU has a ton of subscriptions to these sites. They've been hitting the trail hard. Go back 4 years and you'll be astounded by all of their 4 star busts.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
PSU has a ton of subscriptions to these sites. They've been hitting the trail hard. Go back 4 years and you'll be astounded by all of their 4 star busts.
There should be sites that track this information.
2* or less diamonds in the rough
4* and 5* busts. Obviously Scout, Rivals, 24/7, and ESPN won't take any part of it, but it would be interesting to know.

Reaction Score
There should be sites that track this information.
2* or less diamonds in the rough
4* and 5* busts. Obviously Scout, Rivals, 24/7, and ESPN won't take any part of it, but it would be interesting to know.

I'm sure there are sites out there but I'm just not interested enough. One look at PSU's 2010 class tells you all you need to know. Can't miss prospects like Paul Jones and Rob Bolden. And of course 6'4" 240 DE Dakota Royer who really turned out to be 6'1" 200 and couldn't play but hey who's counting?

Reaction Score

I'm not going to get into the whole star system thing it's pointless... 4 and 5 star kids are just as successful as 2 and 3 star kids, so with that said I don't think they were busts. Penn State going back 4 years has had plenty of bad energy surrounding them because of the rape incident which made it hard for kids to succeed. Lately, since O'Brien took over they've been on the rise, recruiting hard and winning more. Franklin is obviously recruiting hard and I think will be successful as well. You call Silas Redd, Navar Bowman, Jordan Hill, Gerald Hodges, Michael Mauti, Devin Stills, Johnnie Troutman, Jack Crawford, Stefen Wisnieski, a bust? I mean the list goes on and Khairi Fortt has a 4th round draft grade and he only played 1 full season, and his numbers in the combine blew Smallwood numbers away, so you know he has talent.

Husky25

Reaction Score
I'm not going to get into the whole star system thing it's pointless... 4 and 5 star kids are just as successful as 2 and 3 star kids, so with that said I don't think they were busts. Penn State going back 4 years has had plenty of bad energy surrounding them because of the rape incident which made it hard for kids to succeed. Lately, since O'Brien took over they've been on the rise, recruiting hard and winning more. Franklin is obviously recruiting hard and I think will be successful as well. You call Silas Redd, Navar Bowman, Jordan Hill, Gerald Hodges, Michael Mauti, Devin Stills, Johnnie Troutman, Jack Crawford, Stefen Wisnieski, a bust? I mean the list goes on and Khairi Fortt has a 4th round draft grade and he only played 1 full season, and his numbers in the combine blew Smallwood numbers away, so you know he has talent.

Programs, like UConn, whose fans don't contribute to these sites generally downplay the star ranking and the common theory is that the recruiting services cater to those programs where their bread is buttered, as any good company would. They generally also rate P5 conference teams higher than G5 conference teams. My interest in ranking the star assignments 3 years later is to definitively show if these sites are performing to the level commensurate with an authoritative source. It is what it is, but it would be nice to see a little more accountability if talking heads, program administrators, and such continue their deference to these services.

When determining a bust, I think that all environmental factors, on and off the field, need to be taken into account. I think as enough rankings are completed, a more defined criterion will emerge. IMO, Silas Redd wasn't a bust per se, but he did not perform to 4* expectations throughout his college career.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Programs, like UConn, whose fans don't contribute to these sites generally downplay the star ranking and the common theory is that the recruiting services cater to those programs where their bread is buttered, as any good company would. They generally also rate P5 conference teams higher than G5 conference teams. My interest in ranking the star assignments 3 years later is to definitively show if these sites are performing to the level commensurate with an authoritative source. It is what it is, but it would be nice to see a little more accountability if talking heads, program administrators, and such continue their deference to these services.

When determining a bust, I think that all environmental factors, on and off the field, need to be taken into account. I think as enough rankings are completed, a more defined criterion will emerge. IMO, Silas Redd wasn't a bust per se, but he did not perform to 4* expectations throughout his college career.

Sounds like an excellent research project for someone getting their Masters in Sports Management or Sports Media.

Reaction Score

Silas Redd was given a 1st round grade before transferring to USC which in my opinion was a stupid move.

Reaction Score
Silas Redd was given a 1st round grade before transferring to USC which in my opinion was a stupid move.

Who gave Silas Redd a first round grade? Absolutely nothing he did at Penn State warranted a first round grade. North South runner with average speed before injuries.

Reaction Score
Who gave Silas Redd a first round grade? Absolutely nothing he did at Penn State warranted a first round grade. North South runner with average speed before injuries.

Silas Redd had 437 yards with 2 touchdowns his Freshman year and 1,241 yards rushing with 7 touchdowns his sophomore year against BiG-Ten competition.

Lookin at his USC highlights he's more than just a North-South RB he's elusive and strong to break a lot of tackles. Before injury Redd was a 4.4-4.5 forty RB that's better than average speed. If it wasn't for knee injuries this kid could have been easily a 1st or 2nd round back. I would of had Redd in Uconn's backfield instead of McCombs any day, but to each his own

Reaction Score
Silas Redd had 437 yards with 2 touchdowns his Freshman year and 1,241 yards rushing with 7 touchdowns his sophomore year against BiG-Ten competition.

Lookin at his USC highlights he's more than just a North-South RB he's elusive and strong to break a lot of tackles. Before injury Redd was a 4.4-4.5 forty RB that's better than average speed. If it wasn't for knee injuries this kid could have been easily a 1st or 2nd round back. I would of had Redd in Uconn's backfield instead of McCombs any day, but to each his own

That young man repped Norwalk

Reaction Score

1 in every 6.5 5 stars ends up being a first round pick. 1 in every 300 2/3 star players ends up being a first round pick.

Husky25

Reaction Score
1 in every 6.5 5 stars ends up being a first round pick. 1 in every 300 2/3 star players ends up being a first round pick.

That does not fully debunk the chicken /egg analogy (i.e. Do 5*athletes go to the premier programs or are athletes 5* recruits because they are at the historical football factories?)

We know already that certain schools (those routinely in the top 25) and kids going to those schools get more attention than say Central Michigan and their athletes. The question is, are kids ranked as a 2* or 3* over looked by the services because the schools aren't looking at them. There is no possible way these services can research every high school kid in the country.

That stat you quote is impressive only if you disregard the fact that, on average over the last 5 years, the other 27 1st round picks were not 5* players. Looking at your stat another way, you could say that the services wiff on the other 84.6% of 5* recruits. Shouldn't the first round be littered by more than 15% of 5* rated players? After all, they have the most talent and are in supposedly the best possible position. What makes the 5* players as such over an under researched 2* player?

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Back to recruiting news... PA WR Freddie Simmons is going to visit UConn. 3 star with offers Buffalo, Purdue, Western Michigan and Rutgers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom