2015 Recruiting Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2015 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Suffield CT/Windsor Locks 2* CB/S/WR Jarvis Miller committed to PSU today @ their Junior Day. He was their first 2015 commit. Only offer was PSU @ this point but has made visits to UConn under previous regime.

http://www.blackshoediaries.com/201...ceiver-junior-day-first-commit-james-franklin

Ridiculous...Penn State offers before we do? WTF is wrong with Uconn? And next will be Wilkins to Ohio State or somewhere other than Uconn. BC already has a verbal commit from an in-state player too... Smh! call it what you want, but this is dumb Uconn needs to step there game up with in-state recruits.

Reaction Score
Ridiculous...Penn State offers before we do? WTF is wrong with Uconn? And next will be Wilkins to Ohio State or somewhere other than Uconn. BC already has a verbal commit from an in-state player too... Smh! call it what you want, but this is dumb Uconn needs to step there game up with in-state recruits.

Feel better???

Geez, I just post what I see... Write a letter to Diaco letting him know your feelings.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

This pretty much summed up HFD's thoughts last night after news broke of Miller's commitment.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

I hear ya, but you cant melt down over stuff like this. There are other fish in the sea. I'd be far more disturbed if he committed to UMass, Syracuse or Rutty.

Reaction Score
Feel better???

Geez, I just post what I see... Write a letter to Diaco letting him know your feelings.

You don't have to be a smart "huskymedic" you post what you see and I post what I feel about what you see. I have the right to express my opinion.

Reaction Score
Most recent S-c-o-u-t 2015 Top CT Recruits:

http://hsconnecticut.scout.com/a.z?s=386&p=9&c=4&yr=2015
Chris Clark is from New Jersey attending AOF.
Palazzolo from Fairfield Prep has/had a UConn offer.

Chris Clark is from Jersey, but he's playing in Avon, CT so he should still be a player to try and get. Clark has offer's from almost every school in the country besides Uconn... And Palazzolo has/had a Uconn offer but how long after BC??

Reaction Score
Chris Clark is from Jersey, but he's playing in Avon, CT so he should still be a player to try and get. Clark has offer's from almost every school in the country besides Uconn... And Palazzolo has/had a Uconn offer but how long after BC??

Patience is a virtue.

The staff has only been in place for two months and most of that time was spent keeping together/finding gems for the 2014 clas

Geez, everyone wants Rome to be built in a day....it doesn't work like that for college football. Especially with the CR fiasco, it is going to take YEARS before UConn is on the map again.

I know this has been debated over and over again, but just because a player is from CT doesn't mean the staff HAS to offer them. Let the staff do their own work and research and offer the players they want to offer.

There is still 12 months until signing day 2015....just relax and look forward to spring football

Reaction Score
And Palazzolo has/had a Uconn offer but how long after BC??

Believe UConn was Palazzolo's first offer (by GDL).

Hey - I'm all for grabbing as many talented CT kids as possible... but keeping them all in State is not going to happen and doesn't necessarily mean the staff did anything wrong.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Seems like you must of had a bad day. I really can't understand how you could be this upset at this point in time. All indications are that HCBD and his staff are much more organized and talented than any previous staff when it comes to recruiting. Don't let the frustration of the last couple of years cloud your thinking. I'm confident the current staff will keep more than enough of the talented in state players while attracting better out of state players than we ever had before.

Reaction Score
"@Q_Oseland78: Just received an offer from UCONN #Huskies"

“@SWiltfong247: Springfield (Ill.) Sacred Heart Griffin 2015 OT Quinn Oseland tells me #UConn offered.

3* 6-6 295lb T/G. Offers from Illinois, Minnesota, MSU, NIU, Toledo and Oregon

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/836198/quinn-oseland

QUINNOSELAND150_0808.JPG

This kid would look good in a Husky uni...Very intimidating look... Got that Ivan Drago-ish thing going on. ( I must break you )

Reaction Score
They're really slow so I don't think their considering and offers pages are reliable

They've gotten better... I've been a member there for a while now.... Definitely better than 3 years ago... This time 3 years ago that many kids showing up as 'considering' or with an 'offer' didn't even exist....

Reaction Score
This is the running list of 2015 offers that I have so far (from a variety of sources)...

1. Tommy Hatton (OL) - St. Joseph Regional HS, Montvale NJ
2. Steve Gonzalez (OT) - Union City HS, Union City NJ
3. Naz Bonner (APB) - Imhotep Institute Charter School, Philadelphia PA
4. Kareem Ali (CB) - Timber Creek Regional HS, Gloucester Twnshp NJ
5. Christian Wilkins (DT) - Suffield Academy, Suffield CT
6. Taj-Amir Torrez - (WR/ATH) - Amherst Regional HS - Amherst MA
7. Jordan Fox (OLB/TE) - St Peter's Prep, Jersey City NJ
8. Minkah Fitzpatrick (CB) - St Peter's Prep, Jersey City NJ
9. Brandon Wimbush (DT QB) - St Peter's Prep, Jersey City NJ
10. Jay Stocker (S) - Coatesville Area HS, Coatesville PA
11. Dionte Austin (CB) - Calvert Hall College HS, Towson MD
12. Juantez McRae (S) - Calvert Hall College HS, Towson MD
13. Justin Spencer (CB/Ath) - Oviedo HS, Oviedo FL
14. Sam Tecklenburg (DT/TE/OT) - Plano HS, Plano Tx
15. Jalen Christian (ATH/CB) - Damascus HS, Damascus MD
16. Chris Garrison (TE) - Lawrence Academy, Groton MA
17. Matt Burrell (OT) - CD Hylton HS, Woodbridge VA
18. Shareef Miller (DE) - Frankford HS, Philadelphia PA
19. Will Harris (DB) - Choate-Rosemary Hall, Wallingford CT
20. Ryan Buchholz (DE/TE) - Great Valley HS, Malvern PA
21. Quinn Oseland (OL) - Sacred Heart Griffin, Springfield Ill
22. Zach Allen (DE/LB) - New Canaan HS, New Canaan CT
23. Anthony Palazzolo (DT) - Fairfield Prep, Fairfield CT (BC Commit)
24. De'Andre Johnson (DT QB) - First Coast HS, Jacksonville FL (FSU Commit)
25. DuWayne Johnson (CB) - Woodson HS, Washington DC (VT Commit)
26. Dexter Neal (WR) - Stephenson HS - Stone Mountain GA (USCe Commit)
27. Chauncey Rivers (TE/DE) - Stephenson HS - Stone Mountain GA (UGA Commit)
29. Andrew Butcher (DE) - Alpharetta HS, Alpharetta GA (Tennessee Commit)
29. Arrington Farrar (S) - Woodard Academy, College Park GA (Stanford Commit)
30. Marcus Walker (S) - Lake Wales HS, Lake Wales FL (UK Commit)
31. Carlton Davis (S) - Norland HS, Miami FL (University of Miami Commit)

Caveat - This list includes both previous and current staff offers.

If I missed any - let me know and I will edit.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I like that BD is "swinging for the fences" , but one month into 2015 recruiting season he's "struck out" on 30% of his offers to date.

BD may be a good recruiter, but UConn is not ND, or a P5 team in a P5 conference.

It would be interesting if he makes any "hits" before the Summer. It looks like the highly prized recruits are taken quickly.

Not complaining......this is a very difficult position to be in for any coach. Just praying that when all is over next February 2015, will don't restock the team with 20-25 (2*'s)

Reaction Score
I like that BD is "swinging for the fences" , but one month into 2015 recruiting season he's "struck out" on 30% of his offers to date.

BD may be a good recruiter, but UConn is not ND, or a P5 team in a P5 conference.

It would be interesting if he makes any "hits" before the Summer. It looks like the highly prized recruits are taken quickly.

Not complaining.this is a very difficult position to be in for any coach. Just praying that when all is over next February 2015, will don't restock the team with 20-25 (2*'s)

Guess you missed the caveat above... ;)

If you know, can you break out the PP staff offers versus the BD staff offers. I was struggling past the first few and gave up chasing that rabbit. For example - I know Palazzolo was a previous regime offer and committed to BC before Christmas. I also know some of the DB were being chased by Coach Perkins but accurate "offer dates" are tough to find.

Last edited:

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I think there is a fine line in the AAC between going after the talent Coach Diaco, and everyone else in the country, wants and who he can reasonable expect to commit. I don't see a problem with him going after the "long shots" this early in the recruiting cycle.

I also am not worried about 2* or 3* players. Its difficult to distinquish degrees of talent after say the first 20 or so at each position.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog