2015 Recruiting Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2015 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Glad to hear he is in state! Obviously not a shoe in but good regardless. Can keep close tabs on him. Where is he from originally?

North Gwinnett High School - Suwanne GA

Bill Sussman

My Name isn't really Bill
Reaction Score
huskymedic said:
Same town - different high school. Geremy Davis is also from the same area as is Maya Moore.

Geremy Davis went to Norcross High School (same high school as Jeremy Lamb) which is not really the same area as Suwanee but is close (like 20 minutes away). Maya Moore and Michael Box (after transferring from Duluth High) both went to Collins Hill HS which is in Suwanee.

Reaction Score
Geremy Davis went to Norcross High School (same high school as Jeremy Lamb) which is not really the same area as Suwanee but is close (like 20 minutes away). Maya Moore and Michael Box (after transferring from Duluth High) both went to Collins Hill HS which is in Suwanee.

Geez Bill - I live in CT and it can take me 20 minutes to drive from one side of my town to the other side of my town. The whole time I would think I was in the "same area"? ;) I thought they are adjoining towns?

Last edited:

Bill Sussman

My Name isn't really Bill
Reaction Score
huskymedic said:
Geez Bill - I live in CT and it can take me 20 minutes to drive from one side of my town to the other side of my town. The whole time I would think I was in the "same area"? ;) I thought they are adjoining towns?

Depends. Duluth sits between Norcross and Suwanee. But I hear you. Just a feel from growing up in the area that I wouldn't relate the two too much.

Reaction Score
~365 days till signing day. Can't wait to see what the staff does with a year+ on the trail.

Early line: 2015 Recruiting Thread is the most active thread on the BY over the next year. -850.

Reaction Score
Hopefully having McAllister in the fold is a positive for Wilkins. I might have asked previously, but where is he from originally?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Hopefully having McAllister in the fold is a positive for Wilkins. I might have asked previously, but where is he from originally?
I think Springfield MA.

Reaction Score
I think Springfield MA.

Hopefully this staff can put in some work and keep him "home". I'm already pumped the upcoming season and 2015 recruiting to get started!

Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Wilkins could see the field as a freshman....we need to get this kid just like we held onto Newsome and McCallister.
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/863780/highlights/85593395

I hope we do too, but at this point I think he's an Ohio State lean and I don't blame him. Ohio State has been strongly pursuing Wilkins for awhile now in a consistent basis. Per 247sports, May 16, 2013 Mike Vrabel visited Wilkins, January 16, 2014 Tim Hinton visited Wilkins, January 24, 2014 Urban Meyer and Tim Hinton visited Wilkins, and January 29, 2014 the new Ohio State Assistant HC/DL coach Larry Johnson (Former Penn State DL coach) visited Wilkins. Not once did I see 247sports mention Uconn visit Wilkins and he's playing football in our own backyard. Uconn needs to be just as persistent as schools in other states are with our top talents.

Reaction Score
I hope we do too, but at this point I think he's an Ohio State lean and I don't blame him. Ohio State has been strongly pursuing Wilkins for awhile now in a consistent basis. Per 247sports, May 16, 2013 Mike Vrabel visited Wilkins, January 16, 2014 Tim Hinton visited Wilkins, January 24, 2014 Urban Meyer and Tim Hinton visited Wilkins, and January 29, 2014 the new Ohio State Assistant HC/DL coach Larry Johnson (Former Penn State DL coach) visited Wilkins. Not once did I see 247sports mention Uconn visit Wilkins and he's playing football in our own backyard. Uconn needs to be just as persistent as schools in other states are with our top talents.

There is no mention of UConn because there is no UConn writer for 247. Notice there is no mention of the UConn offer in the timeline either - just a check mark. UConn has been in to visit CW multiple times (especially since he and BMc are friends). He's been to UConn and the Rent for games. There are references out there - just not notated on 247. They just need to keep doing what they are doing but it will be a challenge to keep him "home".

UConn staff need to continue to build relationships w/ these sites.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There is no mention of UConn because there is no UConn writer for 247. Notice there is no mention of the UConn offer in the timeline either - just a check mark. UConn has been in to visit CW multiple times (especially since he and BMc are friends). He's been to UConn and the Rent for games. There are references out there - just not notated on 247. They just need to keep doing what they are doing but it will be a challenge to keep him "home".

UConn staff need to continue to build relationships w/ these sites.

So there's no writer for Florida, Florida State, Clemson, etc...? because 247sports only mentions Ohio State visiting Wilkins hard. Anyway, I hope your right and we have been pursuing him just as hard as Ohio State has we need to keep CT's top talent home.

Reaction Score
So there's no writer for Florida, Florida State, Clemson, etc...? because 247sports only mentions Ohio State visiting Wilkins hard. Anyway, I hope your right and we have been pursuing him just as hard as Ohio State has we need to keep CT's top talent home.

That was my point on building the relationships w/ these sites... someone is feeding them intel - these guys (sites) don't get all their info from the kids/high school coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom