2015-16 College Hoops Discussion Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

2015-16 College Hoops Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
NBA Draft Stock Report

Stock down:

Diamond Stone, Maryland

This one doesn't have a ton to do with Stone's play in games so far. He's averaging 7.5 points and four rebounds in 25 minutes per game, and has been generally solid but unspectacular. This more comes from scouts who have seen him play in practice and believe that he just simply still has a long way to go to reach his potential.

That meshes with what the Maryland coaching and training staffs have said publicly throughout the course of the preseason, as Stone had never genuinely worked on his body prior to getting to Maryland. Coach Mark Turegon has also said that Stone needed to come a long way on defense throughout the preseason. Turgeon has noted that he's improving on that end, but the learning curve does seem to be pretty steep early on for the low-post center.

Given the small sample and the fact that he seems to be getting better daily, I'm not dropping Stone from my top-30 or anything. But I am going to slide him out of my lottery in the next big board, as the heavy defensive learning curve scares me, as well as the idea of a true low-post presence that struggles defensively with the way the NBA is going toward mobile bigs as opposed to big-bodied guys like Stone.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...ort-denzel-valentine-goes-wild-against-kansas

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
NBA Draft Stock Report

Stock down:

Diamond Stone, Maryland

This one doesn't have a ton to do with Stone's play in games so far. He's averaging 7.5 points and four rebounds in 25 minutes per game, and has been generally solid but unspectacular. This more comes from scouts who have seen him play in practice and believe that he just simply still has a long way to go to reach his potential.

That meshes with what the Maryland coaching and training staffs have said publicly throughout the course of the preseason, as Stone had never genuinely worked on his body prior to getting to Maryland. Coach Mark Turegon has also said that Stone needed to come a long way on defense throughout the preseason. Turgeon has noted that he's improving on that end, but the learning curve does seem to be pretty steep early on for the low-post center.

Given the small sample and the fact that he seems to be getting better daily, I'm not dropping Stone from my top-30 or anything. But I am going to slide him out of my lottery in the next big board, as the heavy defensive learning curve scares me, as well as the idea of a true low-post presence that struggles defensively with the way the NBA is going toward mobile bigs as opposed to big-bodied guys like Stone.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...ort-denzel-valentine-goes-wild-against-kansas

what do you think about running stone tired like ollie did against MSU in the elite 8 with MSUs bigs... they were gassed early and stayed that way... they only stayed in the game bc our bigs wouldnt get back and cover the 3

Reaction Score
Maryland is trailing Rider by 8 with 11 minutes to go in the 2nd half

Reaction Score
Miami is loaded with lengthy, freak athletes and on top of that Larranaga just landed two top recruits for next year.

Reaction Score
Not overly impressed with Nova. Basically the same team as last year and Ochefu disappears when he plays against someone of equal size and weight.

Reaction Score
michigan vs xavier on the big ten network. myles davis, another dude whose been in college for a decade it seems. we recruited him way back when

Reaction Score
Florida St loses to Hofstra. 3 Ollie recruits in the FSU starting lineup. Xavier Rathan-Mayes, Dwayne Bacon, and Malik Beasley.

Reaction Score
Miami is going to make noise in the ACC this year. Of the top 3 teams they only play UVA twice, and I think they at least split those (as much as I want my wahoos to sweep). They get Duke at home, and I think that is a very winnable game. UNC will be a tough out, but they might have the size/athleticism to match up ok

Reaction Score
Michigan can't hang with Jalen Reynolds. He's spreading fouls throughout the entire UM frontcourt.

Reaction Score
Xavier is crushing Michigan. Will win by like 15. Tons of offensive rebounds for X.

Reaction Score
Hasn't exactly been a red hot start for our OOC opponents. Texas, Georgetown, Michigan, and Ohio State all have losses already.

Doesn't necessarily mean it'll be any less of a test when they come up on the schedule. Michigan getting tuned up by Xavier might turn out to be the best thing that could have happened to them - I only saw the second half, but that team looked soft as a pillow. You gotta think they respond with an inspired effort in Atlantis.

Reaction Score
I think it makes winning those games all the more important. Those will still be good RPI teams. I think any win on a neutral floor counts for more than a win on our own court for RPI doesn't it? Either way, if we win as many of our games as we can, that will take care of itself.
*edited for punctuation*

Reaction Score
Miami is really good. Handing everyone easily they are a team to watch. Jekiri has become what I would love to see AB be. He can catch and score, his defense is really good especially hedging and retreating because he understands the game or at least is beginning to. That freshman F who's name escapes me is a tremendous talent. Nice team

There are actually a lot of good teams out there to beware of. Nothing will be easy.

Reaction Score
Really hoping Georgetown crushes Duke at the 2K Sports Classic Championship game on Sunday. Go Hoyas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom