2015-16 College Hoops Discussion Thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

2015-16 College Hoops Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
denzel valentine has improved so much since he came to MSU... he's fun to watch play

Reaction Score
It'll be really interesting if they continue this downward spiral; watching ESPN try to hype a kid on a crappy NIT-bound team 24/7 will be great entertainment

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Hard to see Cincinnati winning @ X. Although they have 10 days after playing Butler to figure it out. I think it did say more about X.
6 days off, we play Morgan State on Sunday. Honestly rather get blown out by Xavier then lose by a possession again. They ALWAYS have some nobody step up and drill like 5 threes in a row. We are cursed in that gym anyways.

Reaction Score
6 days off, we play Morgan State on Sunday. Honestly rather get blown out by Xavier then lose by a possession again. They ALWAYS have some nobody step up and drill like 5 threes in a row. We are cursed in that gym anyways.

I knew they had Morgan State and made the mistake of passing them off as an easy W. So you are correct 6 days of prep. You make a good point because any game before X has trap written all over it. In general what are your thoughts on Cincinnati heading into this very tough OOC stretch? The Nebraska game was a complete dog fight on a neutral court. Cornhuskers played pretty well though and Shields fouling out didn't help. Not sure how much time was left when he left.

This is a huge huge stretch for Cincinnati because if they can go 3-1 in the next 4 OOC games (Butler, @X, @VCU and Iowa State) they put themselves in decent position to play through Brooklyn again in the NCAA Tournament. I think 3-1 is doable but will be tough. Thoughts?

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score

Xavier seems to be like a time that is peaking "right" now. They are looking very good.

kobe

Reaction Score
I knew they had Morgan State and made the mistake of passing them off as an easy W. So you are correct 6 days of prep. You make a good point because any game before X has trap written all over it. In general what are your thoughts on Cincinnati heading into this very tough OOC stretch? The Nebraska game was a complete dog fight on a neutral court. Cornhuskers played pretty well though and Shields fouling out didn't help. Not sure how much time was left when he left.

This is a huge huge stretch for Cincinnati because if they can go 3-1 in the next 4 OOC games (Butler, @X, @VCU and Iowa State) they put themselves in decent position to play through Brooklyn again in the NCAA Tournament. I think 3-1 is doable but will be tough. Thoughts?
This is the third year in a row we've played Nebraska so it's almost like playing a conference game in that they've scouted us so well. They are an annoyingly good help side defensive team and so were a tough test in our first game against legitimate competition of the season. I didn't think we played all that well in either game but came away with a top 100 win (Nebraska) and a top 5o win (George Washington).

As for the upcoming stretch, I would like to split the road games (@VCU and @Xavier) and win both home games. But more importantly I want to see us get better, more forced turnovers, more fast break points, etc. If we can get to 70 points, there is probably only 3 or 4 teams in the country that can beat us.

kobe

Reaction Score
Xavier seems to be like a time that is peaking "right" now. They are looking very good.
That 1-3-1 zone has given them a defensive identity. If they could even guard anyone, they are a legit Final 4 threat.

Reaction Score
how badly is he getting burned on twitter for him hyping simmons?

I get that we are mad when anyone other than UConn gets attention, but complaining about the coverage of top recruits no matter which school they go to gets tiring to read.

Unless you actually do think that Simmons isn't a top prospect.

Which would be pretty tough to defend.

Reaction Score
This is the third year in a row we've played Nebraska so it's almost like playing a conference game in that they've scouted us so well. They are an annoyingly good help side defensive team and so were a tough test in our first game against legitimate competition of the season. I didn't think we played all that well in either game but came away with a top 100 win (Nebraska) and a top 5o win (George Washington).

As for the upcoming stretch, I would like to split the road games (@VCU and @Xavier) and win both home games. But more importantly I want to see us get better, more forced turnovers, more fast break points, etc. If we can get to 70 points, there is probably only 3 or 4 teams in the country that can beat us.
Good post. Interesting on Nebraska and how in relates to Cincinnati. Who are those 3 or 4 teams in your opinion?

Reaction Score
how badly is he getting burned on twitter for him hyping simmons?

He is just showing his ignorance to a certain degree with the anti LSU tweets. Once LSU gets Keith Hornsby back and Simmons/Blakeney & Co. get 15+ games under their belt LSU will be very dangerous. Simmons is obviously a great talent who needs to develop a respectable jump shot. His #'s are 16ppg/15reb/5.8 assts.

Reaction Score
UNC/Maryland tonight is a real big game, have a feeling UNC pulls away at home but a Maryland win would be great for us.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
UNC/Maryland tonight is a real big game, have a feeling UNC pulls away at home but a Maryland win would be great for us.
Also Ohio State vs Virginia on prior. It'd be nice if OSU came in with a signature win when we play them.

Reaction Score
Michigan wins convincingly at NC State. That will end up being a really good win for us.

kobe

Reaction Score
Good post. Interesting on Nebraska and how in relates to Cincinnati. Who are those 3 or 4 teams in your opinion?
Kentucky, North Carolina, Duke, Iowa State possibly Oklahoma and Michigan St. too. Since the start of the 2012 season, Cincinnati is 60-1 when scoring at least 70 points and have won 49 consecutive games when scoring at least 60.

Reaction Score
Kentucky, North Carolina, Duke, Iowa State possibly Oklahoma and Michigan St. too. Since the start of the 2012 season, Cincinnati is 60-1 when scoring at least 70 points and have won 49 consecutive games when scoring at least 60.

I feel pretty good about our chances too I don't care how any you score. ;) But we'll see.

Reaction Score
Melo Trimble is a handful. That said, Maryland looks like they're trying to set a record for turnovers. Incredibly sloppy passing early.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Diamond Stone looks pretty unspectacular. I dont see much of a drop off from missing out on him and getting Enoch as the consolation prize, but hey, Maryland made him a fancy webpage and promised him to be the next "Great Alex Len", every kids dream growing up.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
the
terps front court is going to be a handful for us
I think Gonzaga's was better. I dont see any player as offensively gifted down low as Sabonis on Maryland.

Reaction Score
Melo Trimble is a handful. That said, Maryland looks like they're trying to set a record for turnovers. Incredibly sloppy passing early.

Probably gonna see alot of Adams on him if Gibbs puts forth the same defensive effort we saw in the Bahamas

Reaction Score
I think Gonzaga's was better. I dont see any player as offensively gifted down low as Sabonis on Maryland.

the zags front court does not step out and shoot 3's , Carter and Laymen will be tough for our bigs to cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom