YTTV | Page 2 | The Boneyard

YTTV

Reaction Score
Right, this is what I'm saying. But everyone else is telling me if you have ESPN+ you don't need cable credentials to watch ESPN, ESPN 2, etc.
Sorry I just tested this. You are right. Espn+ and no tv provider = no live feeds that are not ESPN+

My condo fees include cable with ESPN so I rarely use the espn app to watch live and need to be logged with TV provider for live and ESPNU+ to see that “premium” content.

What a racket.

Reaction Score
All of this being said, I do feel confident YTTV will come up with a deal with Disney before the end of the week. It would kill YTTV to lose the ESPN networks from their list. So many people cut the cord and use services like YTTV strictly for sports, they would lose all of those subscribers (me being one of them).

Reaction Score
Disney appears to hold all the cards over these cable/live tv services. For me, just in case YTTV does not reach a deal by Sunday I'll be looking at the Hulu Live TV package. The attached image of their website (asterisk and small fine print) is about to get a price increase on Dec 21, from $64.99/month plus tax to $69.99/month plus tax. (live tv only).

The "deal" may be if one gets the bundle with Hulu (regular Hulu), Disney+ and ESPN+ for $72.99/month...by my calculation it's only $3 additional (actually a price increase of $8 from the current Hulu Live TV of $64.99 plus tax) , unless this bundle price will also get a price increase.

1639509919985.png

Reaction Score
Disney appears to hold all the cards over these cable/live tv services. For me, just in case YTTV does not reach a deal by Sunday I'll be looking at the Hulu Live TV package. The attached image of their website (asterisk and small fine print) is about to get a price increase on Dec 21, from $64.99/month plus tax to $69.99/month plus tax. (live tv only).

The "deal" may be if one gets the bundle with Hulu (regular Hulu), Disney+ and ESPN+ for $72.99/month...by my calculation it's only $3 additional (actually a price increase of $8 from the current Hulu Live TV of $64.99 plus tax) , unless this bundle price will also get a price increase.

View attachment 71837
I have Hulu Live and never missed a game last year , even have a couple other sports networks I didn't have with cable

Reaction Score
We watch so little on YTTV. We watch the networks, but only for live sports and occasional news, my son and I watch the various sports channels (although we have to pay up for Premier League sometimes) and I that's it. I may thumb through some nature shows or something, but everything else is on a separate streaming service. YTTV is trying to keep the line on costs, but with consolidation it has to be getting harder. This latest kerfuffle is a good example.

When I first say they were fighting with Disney, I was excited. I don't need any of the Disney Channels and already pay for Disney Plus. When I realized it was all tied in with ESPN it was a different story. Same when they fight with others. Sometimes you don't realize that each company controls a big percentage of the content on YTTV and it's bound to cover one of the channels you care about. As @Waquoit mentioned, I'm happy we're on Fox now! That is until the fight with Fox starts.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The YouTube TV email points out that they are giving us a $15 discount and the Disney bundle is $13.99. So theoretically, if Disney cannot reach a deal with YTTV then just get the Disney bundle and everyone comes out a buck a month ahead.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The YouTube TV email points out that they are giving us a $15 discount and the Disney bundle is $13.99. So theoretically, if Disney cannot reach a deal with YTTV then just get the Disney bundle and everyone comes out a buck a month ahead.
But I'm pretty sure the Disney bundle doesn't give you the ESPN cable channels, just the ESPN+ stuff.

Reaction Score
but as already explained you cant watch live games on espn or espn2 through espn+ (even as part of the disney bundle) w/o a cable provider that carries espn and espn2, which YTTV would not. likewise, having disney+ does not enable you to actually watch the disney channel- they are different things.

i'm looking into cutting the cord and it seems to be down to slingtv since they are the only carrier w/ tnt and pac12 network (fubo doesnt carry tnt which means no western conference playoffs??? theyre supposed to be the sport centric service)

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
But I'm pretty sure the Disney bundle doesn't give you the ESPN cable channels, just the ESPN+ stuff.
Makes sense. It also makes their email a little disingenuous.

68F6CC9E-1CD8-473A-8B6F-88787611174B.jpeg

Not wrong, mind you, but misleading.

Reaction Score
If this happens I think I’ll drop YTTV and get Fubo They’ve got everything and everyone that has Fubo seems to like it. For $69 you get 4k, all house, 3 screens outside and 1000 hrs of dvr. Anyone got any reasons to stay away from it?

Reaction Score
If this happens I think I’ll drop YTTV and get Fubo They’ve got everything and everyone that has Fubo seems to like it. For $69 you get 4k, all house, 3 screens outside and 1000 hrs of dvr. Anyone got any reasons to stay away from it?

The Pro Plan at $69 doesn't have ESPNU, ESPNEWS, ACC or SEC Network. Plus, 500 dvr not 1000 hours.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
except no tnt which means no nba western conference playoffs. that's a huge omission.

Reaction Score
except no tnt which means no nba western conference playoffs. that's a huge omission.
That is odd about Fubo. Turner has more sports than people think. NBA & NBA playoffs. MLB and MLB playoffs. NCAA Men's Tournament. New to TNT is the NHL and the NHL playoffs. I'm mean holy cow, they have 3 of the 4 major pro sports and the best month in March.

Reaction Score
That is odd about Fubo. Turner has more sports than people think. NBA & NBA playoffs. MLB and MLB playoffs. NCAA Men's Tournament. New to TNT is the NHL and the NHL playoffs. I'm mean holy cow, they have 3 of the 4 major pro sports and the best month in March.
Good thing about the current services is you can add/drop at will. So u can switch for a month if that matters and then switch back

Reaction Score
Reading this thread make me so happy I have stuck with Verizon FIOS and not tried cutting the cord. Do I pay more than one of the streaming services? Certainly. But I don't have to worry about whether I can watch any sporting event I want. And if for some reason there's ever a sporting event I want to watch that I don't have, then I can order an extra package and then cancel it later. None of this, "Oh my streaming service doesn't even have that channel even if I wanted it."

Cut the cord? Cut this! :)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Reading this thread make me so happy I have stuck with Verizon FIOS and not tried cutting the cord. Do I pay more than one of the streaming services? Certainly. But I don't have to worry about whether I can watch any sporting event I want. And if for some reason there's ever a sporting event I want to watch that I don't have, then I can order an extra package and then cancel it later. None of this, "Oh my streaming service doesn't even have that channel even if I wanted it."

Cut the cord? Cut this! :)
I've saved over $2,000 in less than 2 years since I cut the cord. So there's that...

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom