YTTV | The Boneyard

YTTV

Reaction Score
These things come up regularly with YTTV. The most recent one I remember was NBC. The deals usually get sorted out at the last minute so I’m not worrying about it. Worst case, they drop the Disney channels and lower everyone’s bill by $15 and then you take the $15 and buy the Disney+ package for $1 less.
Yes, but I have the Disney + package in addition to YouTube tv. It doesn’t get you espn, espn 2, etc. It only gets you the content streaming on espn +. So if UConn is playing on espn, then no dice. ESPN doesn’t have a stand alone service for their cable channels.

Reaction Score
Yes, but I have the Disney + package in addition to YouTube tv. It doesn’t get you espn, espn 2, etc. It only gets you the content streaming on espn +. So if UConn is playing on espn, then no dice. ESPN doesn’t have a stand alone service for their cable channels.

We have Disney + which includes espn+. You can watch any of their live channels if you sign in

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Just got notice that their distribution rights with Disney expire on the 17th.
Goodbye ESPN, E2, + and the other Disney channels. If terminated, they’ll lower your monthly rate by $15.
Adios
Damn I was like “That’s fine I don’t watch the Disney channel.”

Reaction Score
We have Disney + which includes espn+. You can watch any of their live channels if you sign in
Are you also signed in to your cable provider on the espn app without realizing it? Mine doesn’t work unless I sign in with YouTube tv. I only get the espn + content. I’ll have to look into it again.

CL82

Reaction Score
...with your YTTV account. Which will stop working on the 16th (though probably not).
I don’t think Disney + come with YTTV. I think they are ordered separately.

CL82

Reaction Score
Are you also signed in to your cable provider on the espn app without realizing it? Mine doesn’t work unless I sign in with YouTube tv. I only get the espn + content. I’ll have to look into it again.
Yep, once you are in, you are in. Often you can still get content after a subscription is canceled because your browser doesn’t realize it shouldn’t allow it.

Reaction Score
They had the same thing with NBC a few months back, and with their Roku placement last week. Both got settled at the last minute. Too much money on the table for both sides.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Just installed Frontier Fiber Optics in my neighborhood. Cox finally has some competition for my patronage

If YTTV drops ESPN, I'll probably reattach my cords somewhere to somebody

Reaction Score
We have the Disney + bundle with espn+ and basic Hulu. 3 separate apps to use.

If you have D+ bundle, make sure you sign out you TV provider on ESPN app and log in with your bundle account.
(I have not tried this as a YTTV add on. )

Reaction Score
We have the Disney + bundle with espn+ and basic Hulu. 3 separate apps to use.

If you have D+ bundle, make sure you sign out you TV provider on ESPN app and log in with your bundle account.
(I have not tried this as a YTTV add on. )
Sounds good, I've had ESPN+ since its inception. More recently added the Disney bundle. When I first had ESPN+ it didn't let me watch ESPN or ESPN 2 while only logged into my ESPN+ account. I haven't tried it any other way in a long time though.

Reaction Score
With the ESPN app, if you have a cable company (Comcast, Spectrum and the like) or live streaming service (YTTV, Hulu Live, Sling etcetera) and have the ESPN family of channels, you need to authenticate into the ESPN App with the required credentials....also, the ESPN App has ESPN+ built into same app. In order to watch ESPN+ it also requires a login to your ESPN+ account/credentials. To watch both the ESPN family channels and ESPN+ one would require two credentials....confusing stuff.

Reaction Score
With the ESPN app, if you have a cable company (Comcast, Spectrum and the like) or live streaming service (YTTV, Hulu Live, Sling etcetera) and have the ESPN family of channels, you need to authenticate into the ESPN App with the required credentials....also, the ESPN App has ESPN+ built into same app. In order to watch ESPN+ it also requires a login to your ESPN+ account/credentials. To watch both the ESPN family channels and ESPN+ one would require two credentials....confusing stuff.
Right, this is what I'm saying. But everyone else is telling me if you have ESPN+ you don't need cable credentials to watch ESPN, ESPN 2, etc.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom