Yankees or Sox? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Yankees or Sox?

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
No poll? Sox fan here and I like our shot. Despite kind of floundering down the stretch, we pulled it together and are playing good enough to win. While I don’t trust either team tonight, I trust us more at home.

My brother and father will be in the building. Brother is a Sox fan and dad is a Yanks fan. I’m jealous, but told my wife I’m saving all my funds for the hoops season. Away games and the BE tourney included!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I've got my Red Sox jersey on and I'm wearing red socks (Patriots). I think it will be a tight game, decided late. No idea which of these two teams will win the honor of being utterly destroyed by the Rays. There's only one really good team in the AL.

Reaction Score
Yankees fan.

Cole's pitching, so no reason not to be confident.

Everyone says the Yankees can't beat the Rays. Will the Rays be favored against whoever wins tonight? Of course.

Does it matter? No. It's the playoffs and the MLB playoffs are hardest to predict than any other pro league.

I'll be rooting for as long as the Yankees are in it, regardless of the odds.

Reaction Score
Cole's pitching, so no reason not to be confident.
Three reasons looking at his recent starts. That said if he gets through 4 relatively unscathed theres plenty of ammo in the bullpen to close it out. Hoping the Yanks can rock Eovaldi again and save me some grey hairs!

Reaction Score
Sox fan but like most I have little faith in the team. They didn't close out the season very well with shaky defense and pitching. J.D is not available for the game either due to tripping over the second base bag running to the outfield on Sunday. Such grace.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I have a few friends that are Yankees fans and obviously lots of friends who are Red Sox fans and it seems none have much faith in their team. It's been a weird season for both teams.
Both teams are probably a little spoiled from having great teams
so if their team doesn’t meet that extremely high standard even if they aren’t really that bad ,their both above the 20 game over .500 that marks a contender, however their fans become overly critical.
Sounds like UConn fans 5-6 years ago

Reaction Score
Pulling for my Yankees (just like my Giants :(). You never know who's going to deliver or who's going to pull up lame. Can't keep all of the starters in the line-up at the same time. It's been like that for years.

Side Note: My 2009 World Series Champions shirt is getting old.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Funny how little faith the fans of each team have. Well let me join the fun as a Yanks fan. They had 1 hit for 8 innings on Sunday got lucky. Has a total of 4 runs all weekend against the Rays in the “clutch” at home. No shot and add that Cole has had nothing his last 2 outings. Evoldi 7 innings of shut out ball Sox cruise 6-1.

Rays beat them in 4 games next series.

As NC UConn Fan said we can only hope Cashman is fired immediately as he continues to put together losing rosters with no good hitters and mediocre starting pitching. Lose and fire please. Boone? Eh either way with him is fine.
I have mixed feelings. I would like NY to win but think neither will outlast Tampa. The pitching really hasn't been that bad. Hitting has been more the problem. Both Montgomery and Cortes have more no decisions than me. I’m less down on Cashman than I am on Boone. And the hitting approach. If more guys than LeMahieu (who had a down year for him) and Urshela would use the whole field they might score some runs without needing to hit HR. Sanchez needs to go.

Reaction Score
Sox fan but like most I have little faith in the team. They didn't close out the season very well with shaky defense and pitching. J.D is not available for the game either due to tripping over the second base bag running to the outfield on Sunday. Such grace.
Martinez should never play the outfield again. He's terrible out there. One of the reasons the Schwarber acquisition just was not a good fit for this roster. While I like him a lot as a hitter (he should teach the rest of them about plate discipline!), he makes their entire defense worse every time he's in the lineup because of all the moves that need to be made to accommodate him. Tonight he's probably the DH.

Reaction Score
I have mixed feelings. I would like NY to win but think neither will outlast Tampa. The pitching really hasn't been that bad. Hitting has been more the problem. Both Montgomery and Cortes have more no decisions than me. I’m less down on Cashman than I am on Boone. And the hitting approach. If more guys than LeMahieu (who had a down year for him) and Urshela would use the whole field they might score some runs without needing to hit HR. Sanchez needs to go.
Even though LeMahieu only batted .270 this year the Yanks are even a worst lineup without him so there it begins since he will not be in the lineup. Cole is almost a 7era at Fenway and the way he pitched the last 2 doubt it will change. This ones over.

And yes Sanchez absolutely needs to go and better not be in the lineup at all tonight.

Reaction Score
Martinez should never play the outfield again. He's terrible out there. One of the reasons the Schwarber acquisition just was not a good fit for this roster. While I like him a lot as a hitter (he should teach the rest of them about plate discipline!), he makes their entire defense worse every time he's in the lineup because of all the moves that need to be made to accommodate him. Tonight he's probably the DH.
New York media reporting that Martinez is out for tonight.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
New York media reporting that Martinez is out for tonight.
He sprained his ankle while tripping over the bag running to play RF. Not on the wild card roster. Lol.

Reaction Score

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

It was bad roster construction. Perhaps it is forward looking, if JD walks next year, we have our DH. Verdugo can play left or right. Renfroe has been a revelation of sorts. Kike should be a super-sub as he was in LA. Need a real CF. Bobby D is a tease. I'd like to say we can plug him in at 1B, but he's brilliant or useless. Need more consistency.

Reaction Score

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
It’s wild that each team won 92 games this year and neither fan base is confident in their teams ability to win this game.

I’m a yankee fan and feel that there is a really broad range of likely outcomes for this one. I think it’s just as likely that one team wins by 6+ as it is that it is a 1 run game. Really just hoping it’s a good one and worth the hype.

If I’m betting on this, hard not to take the Red Sox as straight up dogs at home. Currently +110 on DraftKings.

Red Sox may have “limped home” down the stretch but their offense has been way more consistent this year compared to the Yankees and should keep them in the game. Yankees could score 8 in the first 5 innings or get shut out putting up only 3 hits. Boston should be able to get at least 3 across, even with Cole starting.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
since the highly successful era of big poppy (big papi?), jd has been the stud stallion for them bums in their recent era of pretty good. sale and bogarts ain't chopped liver, either, and mookie is long gone.
jd's cancelled cuz he sleepwalked into 2b? sweeeeeeet.
iffn their whole team came down with a covid thing this afternoon, well, no skin offa my neck.
get well soon, jd and the rest of that sorry lot, just not today.
winning ain't everything, it's the only thing.

Reaction Score

So Yankees will have a 3rd catcher got Greg Allen as 4th outfielder. No Voit makes it an easy decision to have Stanton at DH.

Reaction Score
Even though LeMahieu only batted .270 this year the Yanks are even a worst lineup without him so there it begins since he will not be in the lineup. Cole is almost a 7era at Fenway and the way he pitched the last 2 doubt it will change. This ones over.

And yes Sanchez absolutely needs to go and better not be in the lineup at all tonight.

Damn dude your the exact opposite of Spiffy lol. I’m just gonna watch this with no expectations and see what happens.

Reaction Score
Thank god no Sanchez but why is Rizzo leading off?

image0000001.jpg

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom