Would another loss actually be a good thing? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Would another loss actually be a good thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Coach Dan Hurley speaking about the #1 AP ranking:

"Our mentality should be: it's like carrying around a belt... Somebody should have to pry it out of our dead hands. We should play so hard to keep this thing that somebody has to rip it out of our lifeless body"

This should put that ridiculous question to bed!
Turns out the question was not ridiculous at all!

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Hope a loss helps :). You play with the hand you're dealt

Reaction Score
1708487686154.gif

Reaction Score
Apparently many on here can’t read. I never said I hope the team loses. It was never my “wish”. I actually said in the OP that I want them to run the table as well. I posed the question if anyone thought a loss could be a taken as a positive thing. IMO tonight’s loss will be a positive and the team will be better because of it. In 2014 we lost to Louisville by 30 at the end of the regular season and it worked out alright for us then..

Reaction Score
Apparently many on here can’t read. I never said I hope the team loses. It was never my “wish”. I actually said in the OP that I want them to run the table as well. I posed the question if anyone thought a loss could be a taken as a positive thing. IMO tonight’s loss will be a positive and the team will be better because of it. In 2014 we lost to Louisville by 30 at the end of the regular season and it worked out alright for us then..
Too late go over there for your spankings, im taking the paddle out.

Reaction Score
Looks like that’s not so!
Just because they lost doesn't mean they lost focus. Creighton shot the lights out. Plus the Huskies didn't just cave in the 2nd half, so to me that was a good sign.

Gotta love posters who come out of the woodwork just to shove the knife deeper into your gut. Please don't be a Richard after a loss.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

Don't worry, you're just getting "BoneYarded"

Seriously, what did you think would happen?

PS: the OP is my third nomination for a hanging

Reaction Score
Anyone who poses this question or answers yes should have to explain to Dan Hurley in person why it's better to lose a few games in the next few weeks
Take care of the two home games and split the two away games and then win the Big East tournament.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Just because they lost doesn't mean they lost focus. Creighton shot the lights out. Plus the Huskies didn't just cave in the 2nd half, so to me that was a good sign.

Gotta love posters who come out of the woodwork just to shove the knife deeper into your gut. Please don't be a Richard after a loss.
Seriously, "Gotta love posters..." is the last thing anybody needs to do.

"Gotta be sarcastic"to deal with these annoyances is the second to the last thing to do.

Each of the following is preferable:

"Gotta dislike posters..."

"Gotta be suspicious of posters..."

"Gotta criticize posters..."

"Gotta ignore posters..."

Posters who post like that at best are ignorant and don't know that they are doing bad. The ones who are not ignorant are more likely the case and they mean no good.

We do NOT gotta love them.

They are the worst. And they warrant being told so, if not ignored. It's troll season. Hunt them down and take them out of the game.

Reaction Score
The hype was getting way out of control. There was actually an article on ESPN asking would you take UConn or the Field in the Tourney. My God...
That is a fundamental question of every fan base. Your team or the field. The "hype" was not UConn fans, but other fan bases who marveled at how good UConn, is. Not a problem. It is good exposure.

Reaction Score
Seriously, "Gotta love posters..." is the last thing anybody needs to do.

"Gotta be sarcastic"to deal with these annoyances is the second to the last thing to do.

Each of the following is preferable:

"Gotta dislike posters..."

"Gotta be suspicious of posters..."

"Gotta criticize posters..."

"Gotta ignore posters..."

Posters who post like that at best are ignorant and don't know that they are doing bad. The ones who are not ignorant are more likely the case and they mean no good.

We do NOT gotta love them.

They are the worst. And they warrant being told so, if not ignored. It's troll season. Hunt them down and take them out of the game.
Gotta take those suggestions under advisement.

Reaction Score
I wonder if we are one of the younger Big East teams experience wise.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Ok, hear me out- all of us, myself included, want UConn to run the table the rest of the year.

No one wants a loss come BET or NCAAT time. So if they were to lose again, I think we would all want it to be in the next five games.

My question is, could another regular season loss (or 2) actually be a good thing for the team? With only one or two more losses we would still likely secure a #1 or #2 seed in the NCAAT. Would a loss take some of the pressure off the team? Would it help them refocus on an area that could be an issue in the postseason? Could the team be getting too confident? (These are all hypothetical questions mind you.)

What do you think?
As of this moment, I'm hopeful that the answer to your original question is yes. There are things to be learned from any loss, so let the lessons be deciphered and absorbed, and may they make the team stronger.

As a general matter, I don't favor positing a notion like this in advance of games, because it generates a type of discussion that would clearly be distracting if it were a question posed by the coaches to the players. If that puts be the case, then why bring it up? Besides, the question's answer invariably becomes self-evident after the fact, even without examination so much as observation, as we are about to witness.

Now, what do you think?

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
This game didn’t show us anything the Seton Hall loss already showed. If anything, it reaffirmed the blueprint of how to take AK and Spencer out of the game at the arc.
They have the personnel for it. You can't execute this game plan without a 7'1 shot blocker, otherwise we'd eat them alive at the rim with Clingan and back cuts.

They essentially did to us what we did to Marquette.

I'm confident the coaching staff will figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom