OT: - Worst movie of all time | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Worst movie of all time

Reaction Score
My worst movie experience was How High, a stoner movie from the early 2000s. I was a movie studio publicist then. I was supposed to sit through 5 pre-release screenings to get all the audience reactions for a report. After three screenings, I was going to stab my brain if I had to watch that movie again, so for the fourth and fifth screenings, I patched together stuff from the first three screenings to make my report.

Reaction Score
“Plan 9 From Outer Space”
Close second:
“Attack of the 50 Ft Woman”.

Reaction Score
I love John Candy, but he had a pair I couldn't get through 15 minutes of... Canadian Bacon and Wagon's East.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Ok, maybe not the worst of all time, but The American Beauty won the Oscar and I hated it. There wasn’t a single character, good or bad, I could identify with and I wanted them all to die to put themselves out of their misery.
As Mark Twain remarked about "The Deerslayer", you "hated the good people in it, were indifferent to the others and wanted them all to get drowned together!", right?

Reaction Score
Ok, maybe not the worst of all time, but The American Beauty won the Oscar and I hated it. There wasn’t a single character, good or bad, I could identify with and I wanted them all to die to put themselves out of their misery.
That was the whole idea. ALL the characters were reprehensible. Annette Benning's and Kevin Spacey's characters deserved each other. I loved that movie.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I think that the worst movie by far (acknowledged by many) is "Plan Nine from Outer Space". If you can find it, see it! So bad it's funny...maybe. An Ed Wood special, it has to beat them all.
I was hoping someone would nominate Plan 9. I was channel surfing the other night and happened to pause on TCM and heard that the next movie coming up had that rep. I figured that something that bad had to be worth watching. I managed to get through about half of it. its reputation was well earned. There are 'movies so bad they are good". This was not one of them.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
If you ever played the
That was the whole idea. ALL the characters were reprehensible. Annette Benning's and Kevin Spacey's characters deserved each other. I loved that movie.
So did a lot of people. For me, if I want all the characters to screw off, it doesn’t work. I know several other people who hated it. It was also a virtual theft of a Sigourney Weaver flick called “The Ice Storm” set in Connecticut during a true big ice storm. The characters, like those in The American Beauty, including the kids, were all miserable. Not my idea of entertainment. I need to identify with at least one character, hero or villain. Had to love Rickman in Die Hard.

On the general idea of horrible movies, if you’ve never played the game Balderdash, there is a category of actual movie titles you have to make up what you think was the story line. It’s a miracle if anyone has actually heard of any of them and I’d guess they all rank with the worst of the worst.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The one I hate is Once Upon a Time in Mexico. Ugly and unfunny and an insult to the use of "Once Upon a Time In".

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The Three Amigos. I remember going to the movies with friends to see this. We couldn't drive yet... so my mother dropped us off and picked us up. In retrospect.. I have NO idea why we chose to see it. I need to apologize to my mother for wasting gas driving us.

Reaction Score
If you ever played the

So did a lot of people. For me, if I want all the characters to screw off, it doesn’t work. I know several other people who hated it. It was also a virtual theft of a Sigourney Weaver flick called “The Ice Storm” set in Connecticut during a true big ice storm. The characters, like those in The American Beauty, including the kids, were all miserable. Not my idea of entertainment. I need to identify with at least one character, hero or villain. Had to love Rickman in Die Hard.

On the general idea of horrible movies, if you’ve never played the game Balderdash, there is a category of actual movie titles you have to make up what you think was the story line. It’s a miracle if anyone has actually heard of any of them and I’d guess they all rank with the worst of the worst.
What did you find endearing about Alan Rickman in Did Hard?
Was it his appetite for the Bearer Bonds?
Or his wanton destruction of Nakatomi Plaza?

Reaction Score
The Ridiculous 6 (2015), like the name, ridiculous, again another Adam Sandler movie.
Six bizarre and diverse strangers in the Wild West discover that they all share the same father.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Currently at the end of the 8 perfect movies thread. While I disagree with the list in some cases I feel confident that there will be many more entries in the worst movie of all time. list your worst three or just the one movie that really made you want to scream because it was so bad.
I have a list of 8 but the all time worst movie for me was one I walked out on "The Hitch Hikers Guide To the Galaxy." Still have a hard time believing I sat through more than half of it.
Wow. I love that movie. I'm sure I can think of dozens of movies infinitely worse than that. To each their own though.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Not really sure about worst movie ever, but probably anything directed by Uwe Boll would be in the running.

Reaction Score
Someone told me this movie wasn't horrible, but I disagreed. The Spirit starring Samuel L. Jackson, Scarlett Johansson, and Eva Mendes. An absolutely horrible movie.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom