Wordle Discussion Daily Spoilers | Page 41 | The Boneyard

Wordle Discussion Daily Spoilers

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Probably the only thing worse than getting nothing but "er" as the last two letters on your first line is getting nothing but "er" as the last two letters on your second line.

1658663029809.png

Reaction Score
Gotta say. What was that second guess? And third.
I assume he was trying to eliminate as many consonants as possible since there's so many options that end in ER. Which is still a strategy that feels like cheating to me so I never use

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I assume he was trying to eliminate as many conrsonants as possible since there's so many options that end in ER. Which is still a strategy that feels like cheating to me so I never use
You're first part is correct. We'll disagree on the second. It's just a puzzle. I don't see eliminating letters as any different than sorting out the edge pieces of a jigsaw. Now, using something like wordfinder would be cheating.

@8893: Given the recent solves, I felt power was too common. Overthinking perhaps. I doubt I would've done better than a 4 anyway as if I'd played the 'er', my 2nd guess would've likely been something like foyer or loner, but not tower or power.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
You're first part is correct. We'll disagree on the second. It's just a puzzle. I don't see eliminating letters as any different than sorting out the edge pieces of a jigsaw. Now, using something like wordfinder would be cheating.

@8893: Given the recent solves, I felt power was too common. Overthinking perhaps. I doubt I would've done better than a 4 anyway as if I'd played the 'er', my 2nd guess would've likely been something like foyer or loner, but not tower or power.
I hear ya; just never heard of bower.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I hear ya; just never heard of bower.
There are a lot of shade trees here. When I met my wife she lived on Bower Hill. And it's the name of the puppy across the street ;-)

Reaction Score

Maybe cheating isn't the right word, but it's just not satisfying to play that way for me. 2 guesses like that and you've pretty much made it impossible to lose with the amount of letters left

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Maybe cheating isn't the right word, but it's just not satisfying to play that way for me. 2 guesses like that and you've pretty much made it impossible to lose with the amount of letters left
5s and 6s are unsatisfying to me, but I'll take the win.

I know there are people who use specific starting words or words the bot has deemed favorable. I don't do that. That is unsatisfying to me.

Reaction Score
My streak has hit 120, 99% :mad:

Meaning, now that I've typed it, it will end tomorrow.
Made me look, streak at 83, games played 166

Guess I lose tomorrow

Some earlier stats were lost when I cleared the browser

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom