Wordle Discussion Daily Spoilers | The Boneyard

Wordle Discussion Daily Spoilers

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So it's hard to discuss Wordle without giving it away and spoiling it. This is a place for that. Do not come here until you have done the Wordle for the day. You may see spoilers. But discussion may help with strategy.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
@8893 and @Letsgohuskies11 My guess today included the duplicated vowel, but guesses 1, 2 and 3 all went to spots 2-3-4 and yet it ends up in spots 1 and 5. Just miserable luck I suppose.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Adieu is not a good starter word, IMO. Consonants and more specifically consonant pairings and word roots are way more important.

You want your starter word to have 3 consonants and 2 vowels. If you blank the vowels, well you still have pretty much the same information you'd have had with Adieu. But now you are starting with more infor on the rest of the letters.

You want your consonants to start with the most common letters. The letters in first two words (it I need them) are R, S, T, N, L, D. If other letter dictate, P, C, G, M are common alternatives. I start with TR for the added benefit of narrowing the first letter if the R hits as there are only so many -R combos. I try to use S at the end of my second word if possible (I play hard mode). S is a common ending (so is E).

Usually absent double letters or uncommon letters, I can get it in 3 or 4 and more 3's than 5's.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Adieu is not a good starter word, IMO. Consonants and more specifically consonant pairings and word roots are way more important.
I agree with this.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

You want your starter word to have 3 consonants and 2 vowels. If you blank the vowels, well you still have pretty much the same information you'd have had with Adieu. But now you are starting with more infor on the rest of the letters.

You want your consonants to start with the most common letters. The letters in first two words (it I need them) are R, S, T, N, L, D. If other letter dictate, P, C, G, M are common alternatives. I start with TR for the added benefit of narrowing the first letter if the R hits as there are only so many -R combos. I try to use S at the end of my second word if possible (I play hard mode). S is a common ending (so is E).

Usually absent double letters or uncommon letters, I can get it in 3 or 4 and more 3's than 5's.
You talking Quordle? As I stated that's where I developed that thought, and I noted that it limits upside in Wordle. I've played a half dozen Quordles with adieu and have yet to bust.

Reaction Score

Not sure there are a lot of words ending in -s in Worlde dictionary. I don't think they use s-plurals.

Reaction Score
I got today in 6. I don't really care about how fast I get the word - I just want to solve it. So I reuse letters a lot if I want to see a specific letter in a specific slot because it makes sense based on other locked in letters.

Reaction Score
had it in 3, caulk must of been on my mind /s. I missed the quordle by 1 letter today. Had the other 3 solved.

Reaction Score
Did you Quordle yesterday? I got all 4 within 8 guesses, but screw them for using "leant" as an answer. Who says leant instead of leaned?
Yesterday's I got in 7, today I got 3/4. Had too many consonant possibilities left at the end for the 4th word so didn't get it

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
@8893... I started with "choir" today. On 2nd line got 4 letters in position. With luck I would've had it in 2, but there were four words that fit that particular combination and I settled for another 4. Which is better than 5 I guess, had I guessed wrong. Just checking to see if the mind meld is still on.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
@8893... I started with "choir" today. On 2nd line got 4 letters in position. With luck I would've had it in 2, but there were four words that fit that particular combination and I settled for another 4. Which is better than 5 I guess, had I guessed wrong. Just checking to see if the mind meld is still on.
Nope. I missed today for the first time. Started with "their" again today since no letters matched yesterday. Then went with "chafe," which gave me the h, a and e in the correct position. Tried "whale" next, and then "shame" to get the s. Guessed "shape" next and then had one more guess between "shame" and "shake" and chose wrong, based on there being a k in yesterday's word.

Oh well, my stats were inaccurate anyway, so now I'll dispense with the pressure of my undefeated streak and just look at it as another daily mental exercise. May even miss a day or two.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Nope. I missed today for the first time. Started with "their" again today since no letters matched yesterday. Then went with "chafe," which gave me the h, a and e in the correct position. Tried "whale" next, and then "shame" to get the s. Guessed "shape" next and then had one more guess between "shame" and "shake" and chose wrong, based on there being a k in yesterday's word.
Yeah, we're not of same mind today. My second word was "shale". Certainly the best opportunity I've had for a 2 so far, but it would've been just luck.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
My first 6 today - and it could have been three. Went Shape, Shame, Shade then Shake...

Unlucky
No, unlucky is guessing shame, shape and shade and having no more guesses, like what happened to me today...

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
No, unlucky is guessing shame, shape and shade and having no more guesses, like what happened to me today...
Those 3 letters you got have so many options. I was fortunate that my guess word removed M.

But I just checked and my stats are gone. I cleared all old cookies and stuff from my Browser on Tuesday and that wiped it out. At least I know I haven't missed a word yet.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
No discussion yet because it seems to be impossible. Opposite problem 8893 had yesterday, I simply cannot come up with a word that fits.

arch

Reaction Score
First 2 in daily puzzle. 2s are all luck so it’s lottery ticket time for arch.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
First 2 in daily puzzle. 2s are all luck so it’s lottery ticket time for arch.

I'm on guess 5. Have used every combination of letters and none of them are in the word list. Not sure what else to do.

Ok, finally figured it out. Huge blind spot somehow to what was the only word possible.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yesterday’s was also a coin flip, if you needed the 2nd letter

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul