WNBA Thread - Post Olympics | Page 21 | The Boneyard

WNBA Thread - Post Olympics

Reaction Score
Well, Mystics eliminated and deservedly so. Too teams playing poorly down the stretch but the Mystics were just a little poorer.

When your best player only play two games the whole year, you deserve to be in the lottery.

Interesting decision for them in free agency and the draft. They seriously need to improve their bench.

Reaction Score
When your best player only play two games the whole year, you deserve to be in the lottery.

Interesting decision for them in free agency and the draft. They seriously need to improve their bench.
No telling if EDD will ever make it back, and how good will she be. Back problems usually don't get better for elite athletes.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Dallas up 9 early in Q4. Are the Lib gonna pull off the ultimate backing into the playoffs? They've gone 2-9 since the Olympics break, including an 8 game losing streak. Oops, lead cut to 4 while I was typing.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
It won't affect their seeding, but Sky trying to screw around and lose to the Fever. You'd think they might want a little momentum heading into the playoffs. Parker w/ one of her famous invisible games, and Sloot isn't doing much either.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Dallas up 9 early in Q4. Are the Lib gonna pull off the ultimate backing into the playoffs? They've gone 2-9 since the Olympics break, including an 8 game losing streak. Oops, lead cut to 4 while I was typing.
Lets go Arike. :eek: One of her most controlled games I have seen.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
WOW! 38-3 advantage for Dallas in bench points. That is astounding.

edit--I guess the flip side is that the LA starters have been A LOT more productive than the Wings starters have been.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
And....the Lib are playoff bound. I suspect @eebmg is celebrating right about now.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
WOW! 38-3 advantage for Dallas in bench points. That is astounding.

edit--I guess the flip side is that the LA starters have been A LOT more productive than the Wings starters have been.
Only had 8. Coffey was very poor and Guirantes just had that one 3. No Cox at all.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
And....the Lib are playoff bound. I suspect @eebmg is celebrating right about now.
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Of course, we should get killed by the Mercury because we have no size for BG but after the crappy year last year, we (somewhat) deserve this. :oops::oops::oops::oops:

Reaction Score
Credit to the Liberty they were the only one of the last playoff contenders to take care of their business and win their last game

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
K. Mitchell and Cannon (?) in a scoring duel w/ DeShields and Quigley. Sky have been trailing most of the way but have eased ahead now late in Q3.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
K. Mitchell and Cannon (?) in a scoring duel w/ DeShields and Quigley. Sky have been trailing most of the way but have eased ahead now late in Q3.
Sky now blowing it open. Fever only have 6 players. Surprised they put up such a fight.

Reaction Score
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Of course, we should get killed by the Mercury because we have no size for BG but after the crappy year last year, we (somewhat) deserve this. :oops::oops::oops::oops:
I want to see SDS go against the Liberty again. That's drama and entertainment.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Has anyone been following the saga of Chennedy Carter? I was surprised not to see her on Atlanta's roster for today's game with the Sun. Doing a bit of searching, I see that she was suspended in early July for conduct detrimental to the team, which apparently consisted of expressing a desire to fight her teammate Courtney Williams after Williams urged her to show more enthusiasm for the team's success when she was on the bench. It doesn't sound like she will ever come back to that team, and I wouldn't be too surprised if her WNBA career is over.

The Dream seem to have a lot of very good young guards, including Aari McDonald (sadly familiar to UConn fans from last year's Final Four). Odyssey Sims is also on the roster but was not suited up today due to an illness. Unfortunately, they are very lacking in front court size, depth, and talent. Their front court starters are Elizabeth Williams and Monique Billings, and not much of anybody behind those two.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Has anyone been following the saga of Chennedy Carter? I was surprised not to see her on Atlanta's roster for today's game with the Sun. Doing a bit of searching, I see that she was suspended in early July for conduct detrimental to the team, which apparently consisted of expressing a desire to fight her teammate Courtney Williams after Williams urged her to show more enthusiasm for the team's success when she was on the bench. It doesn't sound like she will ever come back to that team, and I wouldn't be too surprised if her WNBA career is over.

The Dream seem to have a lot of very good young guards, including Aari McDonald (sadly familiar to UConn fans from last year's Final Four). Odyssey Sims is also on the roster but was not suited up today due to an illness. Unfortunately, they are very lacking in front court size, depth, and talent. Their front court starters are Elizabeth Williams and Monique Billings, and not much of anybody behind those two.
Carter is too talented to be kicked out of the WNBA. She will land somewhere and get 'religion'.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Whoever Seattle plays on Sunday, Phoenix, Chicago or Dallas, it better be the late game.
I believe the games are on ESPN2 and at 12pm PDT and 2pm PDT. Minnesota hosts the other game.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Kelsey Mitchell goes for 32 on 12-17 shooting. DeShields had 30 on only 13 FGA, she was 13-16 from the charity stripe.

Chicago wins by 11 to finish the season at .500.

Another subpar game for Sloot. Her production has fallen off a cliff lately, wonder what's going on with her?

Reaction Score
does anyone else think we've seen the last of Delle Donne? With her Lyme disease, constant injuries I wonder if if it still is worth it for her.

Reaction Score
does anyone else think we've seen the last of Delle Donne? With her Lyme disease, constant injuries I wonder if if it still is worth it for her.
I think so. I'm sure she will keep making appearances for teams and collecting checks, but I don't think she will ever be healthy enough to play a whole season. And it seems even asking her to play a partial season is out of the question.

She is a huge and expensive question mark. When she is healthy, she is one of the best players in the world. I hope she can get healthy and play, it's a pleasure to watch. She is spectacular. If she can no longer play, I hope she calls it quits, and let the Mystics use her cap space and venture other places.

Reaction Score
Kelsey Mitchell goes for 32 on 12-17 shooting. DeShields had 30 on only 13 FGA, she was 13-16 from the charity stripe.

Another subpar game for Sloot. Her production has fallen off a cliff lately, wonder what's going on with her?
Ever notice that players go thought cycles. They have cycles within cycles. If that were not so then every player would be consistently shooting the same percentage every game. Some players are more consistant than others while others are more streaky. But all are cyclic to some degree.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Saw this in the Athletic Article (link below)

Should the WNBA ditch single-elimination games? Which low seed will make a playoff run? 12 questions, answers on the WNBA playoffs – The Athletic

Should the WNBA do away with single elimination?

(Answer given)

Next season. I think it made sense when the WNBA first organized the playoffs this way, because they were trying to make it exciting and entice new fans. I don’t have an issue with the first-round single-elimination games. They can stay, so that some of that initial win-or-go-home stays. But every round after should be set up as a series. There’s too much talent and good basketball that gets missed with the playoff format as it is now.

I agree that after the 5-8 seeds play single elimination, I wish the second round (involving 3-4 seeds) was 2 of 3 and then semifinals/ finals stay 3 of 5

I recall a discussion a long time ago on BY about this and I think people were saying there would be scheduling issues but for the life of me, cant think why?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Just piggybacking on the Sky. I did not see Stef play in last 2 games? Some injury?

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Just piggybacking on the Sky. I did not see Stef play in last 2 games? Some injury?
The Sky's twitter had her out of Sundays game with a knee injury. I don't think it is serious.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Ever notice that players go thought cycles. They have cycles within cycles. If that were not so then every player would be consistently shooting the same percentage every game. Some players are more consistant than others while others are more streaky. But all are cyclic to some degree.
Shooting for sure is going to have some ebbs and flows. More concerning to me is that her assists/game fell from her average of 9+ during most of the season to 5 or 6 per game the last couple weeks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom