OT: - WiFi extenders? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: WiFi extenders?

Reaction Score
Have the eero mesh network - 3 in the house and one in the pool house. Expensive but worth it.

Reaction Score
Have the eero mesh network - 3 in the house and one in the pool house. Expensive but worth it.

Me as well, tied in to my Control 4 setup. It's working lights out fast. Highly recommended.

Reaction Score
Me as well, tied in to my Control 4 setup. It's working lights out fast. Highly recommended.

And I've cut the cord - so all of our TVs are running on streaming. Paired with Xfinity it is the best internet I've ever had.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
'How does a mesh system work? Does it connect to an existing router, or does it replace an existing router?
It can but throw your existing router in the trash or send it back to your ISP. All you need to do is when you get the mesh system is make the system name and password the same and all the devices in your house will automatically connect to it.

Reaction Score
It can but throw your existing router in the trash or send it back to your ISP. All you need to do is when you get the mesh system is make the system name and password the same and all the devices in your house will automatically connect to it.

I plug the eero network into the Xfinity router and just have everyone connect to the eero.

Reaction Score
I have an Orbi Mesh, main box and one extender. Works great. My problem is Optimum.

Reaction Score
I have xfinity high speed. bought the cable modem, the nest wifi mesh with a router and three nodes, and a network switch. Have cat6 running to a few rooms serviced through the lan closet, a WiFi node and the router downstairs and two nodes up. Internet is overflowing. Had the kids and me on zoom all day with the wife watching a streaming service on more than one occasion with no issues. Was reluctant to get rid of cable tv but when I did I was ready, can get live streaming in all the rooms needed with no boxes and no fuss. Paid for itself within a year.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I plug the eero network into the Xfinity router and just have everyone connect to the eero.

Router or modem... Likely its a router modem combo, if so you are running the xfinity router you have to run it in bridge mode or the eero wouldn't work. If it isn't a combo and it's just a modem then this makes sense.

Reaction Score
Router or modem... Likely its a router modem combo, if so you are running the xfinity router you have to run it in bridge mode or the eero wouldn't work. If it isn't a combo and it's just a modem then this makes sense.

Combo - and I just have the eero plugged into it.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I have an Orbi Mesh, main box and one extender. Works great. My problem is Optimum.

what did it cost. I'm seeing prices way out of range for me. My limit is a couple hundred dollars.

Reaction Score
Do they work? Recs? Installed a spotlight cam for our backyard and the signal isn’t great.
Junk. Just had my tech buddy install

Tyler Phommachanh-Link Deco WiFi 6 Mesh System​

Regret I didn’t do this years ago

Tyler Phommachanh-Link Deco WiFi 6 Mesh...

Reaction Score
what did it cost. I'm seeing prices way out of range for me. My limit is a couple hundred dollars.
I’m telling u the deco 4 with 3 nodes for 125 is a great deal.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
All you need to do is when you get the mesh system is make the system name and password the same and all the devices in your house will automatically connect to it.

'Great idea.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Junk. Just had my tech buddy install

Tyler Phommachanh-Link Deco WiFi 6 Mesh System​

Regret I didn’t do this years ago

Tyler Phommachanh-Link Deco WiFi 6 Mesh...

What a beautiful autocorrect

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom