Who Were The Refs?? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Who Were The Refs??

Reaction Score
The refs are not always out to screw UConn, but we shouldn't be naive about what has gone on.

JC earned us a favorable whistle at times over the years, though there are certainly examples going the other way. KO even famously got run after a blatant missed foul call.

Hurley's treatment is on a whole other level -- this has been documented. It explains more than a few bad results in the Big East over the last few years, even games where he didn't get a T.

He is absolutely right that his evolution in demeanor over the last year and winning a championship should earn him and the program the kind of respect that is afforded to others at that level. What happened in the second half on Monday was utterly disrespectful, unprofessional, and even trolling.

Reaction Score
Where was it discussed here? Nobody except for you mentioned it. Unless you're talking about the Jeff Goodman comment which is an entirely different comment and not at all what you're describing
I did the search. I couldn't find it with the search tool. But I couldn't even find my comment that someone else found. I remember it being discussed, and no not the Goodman comment, which came way before in the season.

Reaction Score
I did the search. I couldn't find it with the search tool. But I couldn't even find my comment that someone else found. I remember it being discussed, and no not the Goodman comment, which came way before in the season.

You do realize how delusional this sounds, right? My brother is a schizophrenic meth addict and sounds like this.

I don't really care about this one way or the other. It's just funny to see one person saying "no I remember it!!!" with 0 evidence, despite a search function going back a decade on this site.

Reaction Score
Can someone explain that foul on Karaban when he was on the ground with the ball? I don't think I've ever seen a call like that.
I don't think Karaban understood the call either. Lol

Karaban.jpg

Reaction Score
Frustrating indeed, but hopefully DH can stay the course from the end of last year and try to temper and channel his frustrations toward the referees. DH mentioned that numerous times after he climbed the mountain with the team. It doesn’t do anyone any good when he’s constantly on them.

Reaction Score
You do realize how delusional this sounds, right? My brother is a schizophrenic meth addict and sounds like this.

I don't really care about this one way or the other. It's just funny to see one person saying "no I remember it!!!" with 0 evidence, despite a search function going back a decade on this site.
I said "I couldn't find my March reference." Someone else did.

Sorry to hear about your brother. Hope he gets better.

Also, this is sports. I think you're overblowing this. You make it sound like this would be some grand conspiracy that only a schizophrenic would believe. In reality, it's a reporter talking to a ref, it's as simple as that. & you sound surprised a ref would make a comment like that. I'm not surprised at all. It doesn't have to be an Illuminati conspiracy.

Reaction Score
I said "I couldn't find my March reference." Someone else did.

Sorry to hear about your brother. Hope he gets better.

Also, this is sports. I think you're overblowing this. You make it sound like this would be some grand conspiracy that only a schizophrenic would believe. In reality, it's a reporter talking to a ref, it's as simple as that. & you sound surprised a ref would make a comment like that. I'm not surprised at all. It doesn't have to be an Illuminati conspiracy.

I'm not sure I'm overblowing anything--I'm embracing the chaos. This is where I thrive.

I think part of the problem is your initial post implied that the refs were on television saying this: "Remember during the NCAA tourney when the refs openly told sideline reporters that they were going to screw UConn." I think @superjohn and I were under the impression that you meant the refs were on television having this conversation.

It wasn't until like page 6 that it became clear you meant the sidelines reporters were talking about a conversation off-camera (which was clearly not off the record, btw... I'm still confused how you don't understand what "the record" is in journalism).

The fact that no one--including you--can manage to find a single sentence relating to this conversation in any video, news article, or boneyard post is what makes you sound like a schizophrenic meth addict. Not the fact that refs are biaseds. Of course referees are biaseds.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure I'm overblowing anything--I'm embracing the chaos. This is where I thrive.

I think part of the problem is your initial post implied that the refs were on television saying this: "Remember during the NCAA tourney when the refs openly told sideline reporters that they were going to screw UConn." I think @superjohn and I were under the impression that you meant the refs were on television having this conversation.

It wasn't until like page 6 that it became clear you meant the sidelines reporters were talking about a conversation off-camera (which was clearly not off the record, btw... I'm still confused how you don't understand what "the record" is in journalism).

The fact that no one--including you--can manage to find a single sentence relating to this conversation in any video, news article, or boneyard post is what makes you sound like a schizophrenic meth addict. Not the fact that refs are biaseds. Of course referees are biaseds.
Well, someone did find my March reference to it.

I honestly think you're confused about all this on the record, off the record, live interview stuff.

The quote was unattributed, I don't know who the ref was. If it was on the record, we would know. There'd be no question about that. Instead we have a reporter with an unattributed quote. Which is why it was probably off the record.

Not the first time that kind of info would be relayed to an audience.

Reaction Score

I honestly think you're confused about all this on the record, off the record, live interview stuff.

The quote was unattributed, I don't know who the ref was. If it was on the record, we would know. There'd be no question about that. Instead we have a reporter with an unattributed quote. Which is why it was probably off the record.

I found your March reference, and my point was that not a single other poster mentioned it, even in that thread. I don't think it ever happened and you have been in a dream for the last 7+ months. But maybe I'm wrong and you're the one person on Earth who heard the comment

Reaction Score

Still waiting for a single post, article, video, ANYTHING about what you're referring to. I'll eat a whalloping pile of crow if you can produce it. I'm waiting.

Reaction Score
Still waiting for a single post, article, video, ANYTHING about what you're referring to. I'll eat a whalloping pile of crow if you can produce it. I'm waiting.
And how would you expect me to find video of this?

Reaction Score
I found your March reference, and my point was that not a single other poster mentioned it, even in that thread. I don't think it ever happened and you have been in a dream for the last 7+ months. But maybe I'm wrong and you're the one person on Earth who heard the comment
What did you search for because I couldn't even find that post? Clearly in that post I was referring to an earlier thread on that. The thread wasn't about refs, I just made reference to the earlier one.

Reaction Score
And how would you expect me to find video of this?

If you'll recall I also suggested you could find an article, post on the yard, or ANY other proof this happened. Stop being a jabroni. Find proof or shut up

Reaction Score
If you'll recall I also suggested you could find an article, post on the yard, or ANY other proof this happened. Stop being a jabroni. Find proof or shut up
An article on what someone reported in a pre-game? You guys seem to think this is an earth-turning event. Why would there be an article? By the way, this is a message board. I post'em as I sees 'em. I really don't care what you think.

Reaction Score
An article on what someone reported in a pre-game? You guys seem to think this is an earth-turning event. Why would there be an article? By the way, this is a message board. I post'em as I sees 'em. I really don't care what you think.

Like I said, it doesn't have to be an article. Literally any single reference. Just one. Still waiting.

Reaction Score
Like I said, it doesn't have to be an article. Literally any single reference. Just one. Still waiting.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Thanks for the link. Got a chance to see @auror respond and complement me and reference the post I made which garnered a lot of likes.

Reaction Score

Took 6 pages, but you did it! Nice work buckaroo

Reaction Score
Took 6 pages, but you did it! Nice work buckaroo

I really don't want to belabor this but that thread is just upstater repeating what he's saying in this thread. Again, it is just inconceivable that this happened and received no coverage whatsoever. But it's been beaten into the ground at this point.

Reaction Score
I really don't want to belabor this but that thread is just upstater repeating what he's saying in this thread. Again, it is just inconceivable that this happened and received no coverage whatsoever. But it's been beaten into the ground at this point.

Oh, I'm well aware. He posted about the conversation weeks after it supposedly happened on air. It's telling that no one discussed it after. The only response was about something unrelated.

I'm just giving him a cookie because he finally managed to use the search function. In K-12, we call that PBIS.

Reaction Score
The Goodman thing didn't receive any coverage either. I'm glad people linked to the Goodman thread because I actually read the thing. The very people (not you) saying this couldn't have happened are in the thread from last spring saying this is normal and happens all the time. Seriously, the two most invested people said something similar to that. Refs talk to reporters, refs have said they have it in for Hurley. These aren't my words. This was people responding to Goodman two months earlier.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom