Who Were The Refs?? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Who Were The Refs??

Reaction Score
There are a lot of dumb threads on this board.

I would imagine if NCAA tournament refs were openly telling sideline reporters they were out to screw a team/coach it might have gotten a little coverage. Oh wait, maybe the sideline reporters were in on it?!
It was said right on the pregame broadcast. It wasn't even a secret. The analysts reported it before the game offhandedly like it was a weird thing to say.

We noted it here in a thread.

The story never took off at all.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It was said right on the pregame broadcast. It wasn't even a secret. The analysts reported it before the game offhandedly like it was a weird thing to say.

We noted it here in a thread.

The story never took off at all.

Name the game, the refs and and the analyst who reported it.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Completely lost control of the game on the second half.
Totally agree, second half was just a disgrace. Fortunately the outcome was never in doubt, but made the second half absolutely unwatchable. Were there more fouls called than balls bounced in second half? This entire crew should be banned from division 1 bball.

Reaction Score
Makes you wonder if one of the refs had a bet on point spread. Hard to believe that being annoyed with Hurley or dislike of UConn would lead to such a disgusting performance by the crew.

Reaction Score
Does anyone have any clue what upstater is talking about?
I actually remember this. It was Jeff Goodman bragging on Field of 68 that he was privately told by numerous officials that they “are sick of Dan Hurley” lol.

It definitely calls into question the impartiality of certain refs

Edit: found it

Reaction Score
I actually remember this. It was Jeff Goodman bragging on Field of 68 that he was privately told by numerous officials that they “are sick of Dan Hurley” lol.

Did they talk about the time that officials were telling sideline reporters during the NCAA tournament that they were out to screw Hurley?

Reaction Score

This should have really been a giant media story and not a throwaway line on a podcast. If what he said was true then it's a major problem with the integrity of the game and should have resulted in firings.

Reaction Score
I remember this article. There's been a lot of talk like this. Doesn't say anything about what upstater is talking about.
I remember watching this when Goodman said it. If this is what upstater is talking about his memory is way worse than he thinks it is.

Reaction Score
Postgame Hurley in handshake line and OConnel leaving court came close to Hurley, something was said and Hurley turned his head, he then took a couple steps in the line and turned and yelled after OConnel and went in OConnels direction. UConn cop was right there following DH and other coaches stopped him. Hurley was hopping mad about whatever OConnel said.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom