Who palms the ball more? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Who palms the ball more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I think Jefferson. Speaking of Moriah, I am trying to figure out her Assist/TO ratio for today's game and my calculator isn't working. She had eight assists and zero turnovers. Can anyone help me with that one? How many times does zero go into eight? :eek:

As many as you would like :)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
It is funny that they do literally palm the ball on almost every dribble for absolutely no reason whatsoever. I am surprised the coaches haven't talked to them about it as they both got hit with a carry call in a game this year. And they tend to do a lot less carry motion when they are actually cutting, driving or running on a break so it is more lazy than anything.

Reaction Score
Both unnecessarily palm the ball with every dribble.
Ice is exactly right. In a recent game -- I forget which but I think it was Baylor, I saw Bria start to drive in, realize she was blocked, and turn and literally carry the ball -- with her hand mostly under the ball -- away from the converging opposition. It must have been in the air for 4-5 feet, anyway. Maybe more. I just don't know how she or anyone else can get away with it.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
I just don't know how she or anyone else can get away with it.

Really? Just watch any of the top guards in NCAA basketball....

Reaction Score
I see this as a future "point of emphasis"... it has gotten so blatant on almost every possession. It does, however, aid the offense so who knows.

If it does, it'll really hurt the women's game.

Most players grow up playing against men. Men palm the ball. Therefore, you have tons of women's players who palm the ball just as much as the men do. You suddenly start calling it, and the women's games will have more ref interruptions (for no real reason) and more turnovers (because you can't control the ball as well when you don't palm.)

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
BlackBird I disagree, it has nothing to do with playing with/against men... if you said girls/women have smaller hands Id agree.

I think Mo and Bria are just use to passing it once they ge to the 3pt line... but somehow the defense stops it so they keep on going

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom