Who palms the ball more? | The Boneyard

Who palms the ball more?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think Jefferson. Speaking of Moriah, I am trying to figure out her Assist/TO ratio for today's game and my calculator isn't working. She had eight assists and zero turnovers. Can anyone help me with that one? How many times does zero go into eight? :eek:

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
It's a close call..... MoJeff by a nose

:cool:

Reaction Score
I think Jefferson. Speaking of Moriah, I am trying to figure out her Assist/TO ratio for today's game and my calculator isn't working. She had eight assists and zero turnovers. Can anyone help me with that one? How many times does zero go into eight? :eek:
I vote Hartley

Reaction Score
My math teacher used to tell us that the 11th Commandment is "Thou shalt not divide by zero". I'll abide by that.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Watch the men sometime if you want to see palming....

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
While that is technically correct, in reality she got a blatantly bad call (or should I say a good one) when she drove into the lane, had the ball poked off her knee and out of bounds and the refs still awarded it to Uconn. So maybe you can say that was .5 of a turnover and then get an A/TO ration of 16 - 1.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Can we put Meadow Lark Lemon in there as a choice?

Reaction Score
When a player does it all the time, they're not going to call it. Earl Monroe used to carry the ball all the time when he did his patented spin move. It was never called.

Reaction Score
UcMiami said:
While that is technically correct, in reality she got a blatantly bad call (or should I say a good one) when she drove into the lane, had the ball poked off her knee and out of bounds and the refs still awarded it to Uconn. So maybe you can say that was .5 of a turnover and then get an A/TO ration of 16 - 1.

I actually thought it should have been a reach in foul, but would need to watch the replay again to be sure. I wasn't locked in viewing-wise on the first replay.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Is it Palm Sunday already? Actually, I think it's very rude of the BY palm readers not to give players from other teams the proper credit for being velcro handers. These days if you want to be point guard for a top team you have have to learn how to dribble properly, which means you secure the ball the same way that an NFL running back does. If anyone is happy that their point guard dribbling the way they were taught in 2nd grade gym class, than they are most likely a fan of the Arkansas-Pine Bluff team that may be able to squeeze out a win before the season ends, but probably not.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Is it Palm Sunday already? Actually, I think it's very rude of the BY palm readers not to give players from other teams the proper credit for being velcro handers. These days if you want to be point guard for a top team you have have to learn how to dribble properly, which means you secure the ball the same way that an NFL running back does. If anyone is happy that their point guard dribbling the way they were taught in 2nd grade gym class, than they are most likely a fan of the Arkansas-Pine Bluff team that may be able to squeeze out a win before the season ends, but probably not.

Dobbsie, I wasn't implying that Jefferson and Hartley are the only palmists.

Just that Hartley isn't the only one on UConn.

It's ridiculous when it is called. It could be called on every play.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
they could have called a foul on Rutgers instead just rewarded UConn

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
MoJeff because she has the ball most of the time

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
I see this as a future "point of emphasis"... it has gotten so blatant on almost every possession. It does, however, aid the offense so who knows.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I hope we're not doing "our girls" a disservice. everyone reads the Boneyard

Reaction Score
Palming in basketball, is similar to holding in football. You could call it on every play, but then the games would last 10 hours or more...And I say MoJeff...but she's so darn cute...as long as she's on OUR side!!!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Both unnecessarily palm the ball with every dribble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom