When is Karaban back thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

When is Karaban back thread

Reaction Score
We would beat butler gtown and DePaul without him

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I seriously don't get you guys and takes on when a player will be back. They are never going to play him if he isn't ready and always going to play him if he is. They aren't looking at who we are playing next or in 3 games. Hopefully he is fully ready on Tuesday.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
“Well when I was in college and sprained my ankle…”

Hope he’s back soon but no need to rush him if he’s not ready. If we can’t win the next three games without him, there’s a problem.

Reaction Score
Yesterday, he was a game time no go. The bad news, it's a quick turnaround for Butler. The good news is no travel.

On the sideline at MSG he had one sneaker and one something else. Looked too small to be a boot (might have been). It was gray and shoe-like. Hopefully we get a report at Hurley's next media availability. I don't think AKs injury came up post game. We know the whole health thing is as mysterious as Al Capone's vault.

But if you hear something. Say something.
As long as it wasn't a cast

Reaction Score
The question is whether playing on it could make it worse, or just delay the healing process. Of course, favoring an injury can increase the chances of a different injury, but sprained ankles themselves don't necessarily seem to get worse if you play on them. Makes you less effective and maybe delays healing, but not sure that a big problem with GTown and DePaul coming up. Even at 70% he would still make a difference with Butler.

Reaction Score
i want our players healthy for march, prepared for march, rested for march, and with some X's and O's in the pocket for march....in that order!

Reaction Score
I seriously don't get you guys and takes on when a player will be back. They are never going to play him if he isn't ready and always going to play him if he is. They aren't looking at who we are playing next or in 3 games. Hopefully he is fully ready on Tuesday.
Bingo

Reaction Score
Everyone is talking about Butler, but Gary Parrish seems to think differently of our schedule.

1707104847059.png

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Has anyone else besides Brando called it a high ankle sprain?
Not that I know. Also don’t think he would have been a game time decision Saturday if it was.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
May we at least agree on this -- that there is never sufficient reason to "rush" an injured player back against anyone. His return is never a function of whether we need him to win. It is never a question of whether we "have the tools to win without him."

Nor do you ever suit up an injured player and sit him on the bench for emergency use only. If he's not ready to play when he normally plays, then he's not ready to play in an emergency, either.

Not that DH needs to be told this. He seems to religiously adhere to thus rule, the more credit to him.
The player also has a say as only they truly know how much pain they are in. Scans and tests can show strains, sprains and tears, but they really are not what is used to determine when the player is ready. The medical team evaluates the visible signs like swelling range of motion. Then the player as they get closer show what they go do pain free. If a player is good at hiding the pain when they run through the drills then conceivably they could fool the training staff and come back sooner. I am certain most of us casual fans have heard the phrase”protect the player from himself” . Th more competitive the more a training staff has to worry about that. AK is a warrior we all know that. But he is also really smart. He knows how important he is to the team. All that combined I trust they will make the right decision both long and short term.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
All fair points but the process is a bit more complicated to always get the right answer to the question. We will only play the student athlete when they are ready to play. Lots goes into that decision and they don’t always get it right.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
I get dismissing DePaul and Georgetown, but we gave up 81 points to Butler and were down by seven at the half but everybody's talking about them like they are Marathon Oil.

Just saying.
Butler has been hot of late, we are doomed, clearly DOOMED!

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I think he sits out this game and maybe is on a minutes restriction this weekend

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom