When is Karaban back thread | The Boneyard

When is Karaban back thread

Reaction Score
Yesterday, he was a game time no go. The bad news, it's a quick turnaround for Butler. The good news is no travel.

On the sideline at MSG he had one sneaker and one something else. Looked too small to be a boot (might have been). It was gray and shoe-like. Hopefully we get a report at Hurley's next media availability. I don't think AKs injury came up post game. We know the whole health thing is as mysterious as Al Capone's vault.

But if you hear something. Say something.

Reaction Score
It was reported during yesterday’s telecast as a high ankle sprain. I thought it was a “normal” ankle sprain up to that point.
Those injuries can linger on for a lengthy time so let’s hope it’s not that severe and we see him back on the court Tuesday.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Let's not over think this or pretend it's new or unique.

Every ankle injury is a bit different.

He'll be walking around in a boot or sandal to take strain off of it.

They'll do some "stuff" and tape it a bit and we'll see pics or videos of him taking jumpers or straight line drives and we won't know until Tuesday whether he can jump or cut on it.

I would suspect Tuesday is limited and then it's a double bye with Gtown amd DePaul after that.

The goal is fully healed and ready for Marquette on the 17th. Anything before that is gravy.

Poe

Reaction Score
I’m no doctor but have had my fair share of ankle injuries, I’d say give him the next 1-3 games off given the opponents until he’s 100%.

Might be a bit of a blessing in disguise since AK being out leaves mores shots for Castle.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Yesterday, he was a game time no go. The bad news, it's a quick turnaround for Butler. The good news is no travel.

On the sideline at MSG he had one sneaker and one something else. Looked too small to be a boot (might have been). It was gray and shoe-like. Hopefully we get a report at Hurley's next media availability. I don't think AKs injury came up post game. We know the whole health thing is as mysterious as Al Capone's vault.

But if you hear something. Say something.
One of the broadcast guys yesterday called it a boot, for what that's worth.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I get dismissing DePaul and Georgetown, but we gave up 81 points to Butler and were down by seven at the half but everybody's talking about them like they are Marathon Oil.

Just saying.

Reaction Score
I get dismissing DePaul and Georgetown, but we gave up 81 points to Butler and were down by seven at the half but everybody's talking about them like their Marathon Oil.

Just saying.
Totally agree and they just won at Creighton. This next game won’t be easy. I think AK will play Tuesday. Saw video of him moving around pretty good and shooting pregame at MSG before they came out for the official warm up time

Reaction Score
I get dismissing DePaul and Georgetown, but we gave up 81 points to Butler and were down by seven at the half but everybody's talking about them like they are Marathon Oil.

Just saying.
In fairness, that was on the road without Clingan and at the peak or our defensive woes stopping the dribble-drive. They’re not a push-over by any means but if Karaban is iffy, I also have enough faith if they decide to sit him and give him some extended rest.

Reaction Score
Karaban would be helpful defending Brooks and Telfort, who by the way just had big games vs Creighton.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Well Brando saying repeatedly he had a high ankle sprain made me nervous. Because what I saw was a rolled ankle. Tough one because he rolled it front to back and the top of foot was involved. But a high ankle sprain usually happens when the ankle rolls the other way and that is usually from someone falling on it. But a high ankle sprain his the worst ankle sprain you can have. There was some talk about Brando being a good play by play. I say meh to that he seems lost and not completely prepared to me.

Reaction Score
In the post game Hurley said it was always more likely to be Tuesday than today, so I assume he has a pretty good shot on Tuesday, but not definite.
Hurley had labeled Karaban a gametime decision on Friday afternoon, but when the 6-8 sophomore forward was seen draining 3-pointers during pregame warm-ups, it looked like he might have a shot to play.

"We kinda knew," Hurley confessed. "We were shooting realistically for Tuesday (at home against Butler). We were hoping for some kind of miraculous recovery for today."

Reaction Score
Well Brando saying repeatedly he had a high ankle sprain made me nervous. Because what I saw was a rolled ankle. Tough one because he rolled it front to back and the top of foot was involved. But a high ankle sprain usually happens when the ankle rolls the other way and that is usually from someone falling on it. But a high ankle sprain his the worst ankle sprain you can have. There was some talk about Brando being a good play by play. I say meh to that he seems lost and not completely prepared to me.
Yeah I heard high ankle and it didn’t make sense. I think he misunderstood the injury. As far as I know, a high ankle sprain, along with the direction of sprain you noted, causes injury to the connective tissue between the tibia and fibula. I just don’t see how that happened with his rolled ankle.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Yeah I heard high ankle and it didn’t make sense. I think he misunderstood the injury. As far as I know, a high ankle sprain, along with the direction of sprain you noted, causes injury to the connective tissue between the tibia and fibula. I just don’t see how that happened with his rolled ankle.
Yes the connective tissue is involved which is why sometimes they go in and put a band around it to promote the healing. The joint is not designed to move in the direction and when it does the ligaments and tendons can be pulled away from the bone. If he was a game time decision I think he plays against Butler. But it has to be a pretty significant sprain so if there is a chance it could linger and he has to manage it I would be ok if he took another game or two off. But AK is a warrior and keeping him from playing has to be a challenge.

Reaction Score
110%>90%

Not as much can he play, AK will play if you let him. Rather what are the odds that he reinjures or slows full recovery

Reaction Score
Too bad we don’t have DePaul first where we could afford a few extra days off. I would still be cautious against Butler. We have the tools to win without AK.

Reaction Score
Zero sense rushing him back for Butler on Tuesday if his ankle isn't ready, not worth risking further injury. Especially with Georgetown and DePaul coming up that can serve as tune up games before Marquette and the far more tough stretch.

All more reason to play, he can sit out from GTown and DePaul

Reaction Score
May we at least agree on this -- that there is never sufficient reason to "rush" an injured player back against anyone. His return is never a function of whether we need him to win. It is never a question of whether we "have the tools to win without him."

Nor do you ever suit up an injured player and sit him on the bench for emergency use only. If he's not ready to play when he normally plays, then he's not ready to play in an emergency, either.

Not that DH needs to be told this. He seems to religiously adhere to thus rule, the more credit to him.

Reaction Score
I wouldnt care if it was Butler or Marquette next. We need him in March, not tuesday. If waiting 2 weeks is better for his ankle in the future, then wait 2 weeks. If playing on it can cause no further damage, then i'm sure he will want to go (i doubt he was very happy to miss his first game ever yesterday).

Do whatever's best for March. Whatever that is will also be best for AK.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom