What's The Word On KAELA DAVIS | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What's The Word On KAELA DAVIS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Duke
It is really surprising that no other SEC school, other than Tennessee, has won an NCAA title.

Here is a breakdown on the major conferences and the number of different schools that have won NCAA titles.

Big 12: 4 (Baylor, Tx Tech, TAMU and Texas)
Big East: 2 (UCONN and ND)
ACC: 2 (UNC and MD)
PAC10/12: 2 (USC and Stanford)
SEC: 1 (Tennessee)
Big 10: 1 (Purdue)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Duke would be my wild guess. Maybe Louisville. Maybe Maryland.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I've read tweets and other boards that indicate that ND is on Kaela's list of schools. I've also talked to people who are knowledgeable and have been in contact with Kaela.

Reaction Score
The accusations toward MM were made in the Davis de-commitment frenzy. The Summitt was coming from a UT-centric perspective and couldn't grasp that everything and anything happening wasn't in context of them. MM was indeed there to observe Nelson, who they had been recruiting for awhile. Not sure how good ND's chances are of landing Davis. An offer likely wasn't even made till after Reimer committed. Greenwell didn't get her off till then either. Both Reimer and Nelson are supposedly close with Davis. Not sure if that will help or not. Certainly hope they are as encouraging as possible. UNC's '13 recruits out rank ND's, but I'm way more confident that MM is going to get more out of them than SH. Davis would definitely make it interesting.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Um, can anyone tell me what Pat did in the 70s that was so bad? (PM on :))

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Does she want to beat Diamond's team??

I hope so.... and we all know the best place for her to accomplish that feat on a annual basis :D

Would love to see Duke pull in another great recruiting class to contend with UNC. It is such a fun rivalry.

If you are ever in the Triad area of NC..... a Lexington Style BBQ sandwich.. some crinkled fries.... and a nice tall cold bottle of Cheerwine will be my treat. :D

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Well, now that certainly provides a different picture from the pure as driven snow stuff we keep hearing. And one of Geno's Olympic assistants is also alleging some Pat Head improprieties in the story.

Right?! The woman supposedly responsible for the popularity of women's basketball may not be so perfect after all. Geno never had such accusations aimed at him by so many people like we read in THAT article. And for as big of a monster as he supposedly is, his wife somehow managed to stay married to the guy.

Reaction Score
I remember rumors that PS may have had some improper contact with M. Marciniak when she was at ND. Not that it matters much, because from all accounts MM would have helped pack up Marciniak's dorm room and dropped her off at UT herself just to get rid of her. Called it the worse year of her life.

tennfanatic00

Southern Gentleman
Reaction Score
Right?! The woman supposedly responsible for the popularity of women's basketball may not be so perfect after all. Geno never had such accusations aimed at him by so many people like we read in THAT article. And for as big of a monster as he supposedly is, his wife somehow managed to stay married to the guy.

I hope that I'm off base here, but if you're insinuating that PHS is a bad person because she and her husband divorced, you need to get a life.

I may be reading into your comment too much. Perhaps I'm a little too sensitive. If that is what you were doing, you should probably know the whole story. Open your inbox and I will pm you. :)

BooRadley

CPL Boo, USMC
Reaction Score
I hope that I'm off base here, but if you're insinuating that PHS is a bad person because she and her husband divorced, you need to get a life.

I may be reading into your comment too much. Perhaps I'm a little too sensitive. If that is what you were doing, you should probably know the whole story. Open your inbox and I will pm you. :)

What she WAS more than insinuating was that despite the notions of some, Geno isn't the Monster "some" have made him out to be... as supporting evidence she references his healthy family life and "suggests" that if he was the monster that "some" have suggested he was, then his wife would have booted him long ago...

His marriage is also evidence that Geno chose wisely when he picked his mate... Some would say his wife also chose wisely given the healthy relationships Geno has with his wife and children...

Your Ol' Pal Boo

U

UCONNfan1

I can see where this would head into a bad direction, but getting back to the facts, it's pretty clear that there weas a pattern of ethical breaches by Pat Head back early on her career as the Tennessee coach. I find it somewhat disturbing and self serving for Tennessee fans to conveniently forget that, and continue to villify Geno as if he's actually done something wrong, when it's apparently a fact that Pat was the one with the ethical breaches early in her career.

To my knowledge, there has only been 1 minor recruiting violation ever reported against UCONN, and it was something a staff member did in calling ESPN on behalf of Maya, not even something any of the coaches did. Tennessee has a minor one involving Pat, and one other involving one of the players, if i recall correctly.

So it's a good thing she cleaned up her act, but let's help their fans drop this mistaken notion that she's a saint and has never cheated on the recruiting front... from the article...

Nixon says, "Cindy told me she was going to Tennessee because she wanted the chance to play on a national champion this year. She also said the Vols had offered her a postgraduate scholarship and an assistant coaching position when she was through playing."

The coaching offer is a severe violation of AIAW rules, and by June 1977 the heat Tennessee was getting over the alleged tampering with Brogdon...

Tennessee Tech's coach, Marynell Meadors, was at one time thinking of reporting Head to the E & E Committee for allegedly tampering with one of Tech's players—sophomore Forward Pam Chambers, who has a 16-point scoring average this year and leads the Golden Eaglettes in steals and assists. Says Meadors, "I learned during last year's regional and national tournaments that Pat was trying to recruit Chambers..."

This is some really serious stuff, and it's not just ONE isolated incident. it's obviously a pattern of vioations of the rules, and they are NOT minor violations. I swear, if i ever read of another Tennessee fan accusing Geno of cheating or doing ANYTHING unethical, well, I probably won't do anything. But i will at least know they obviously have no clue what they area talking about.

DarthVol

Visitor from the Dark Side
Reaction Score
If you're counting on the propaganda machine to air this one don't hold your breath. Just keep pointing fingers at everyone else..... and the legal action is coming just wait.....

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I hope so.... and we all know the best place for her to accomplish that feat on a annual basis :D

If you are ever in the Triad area of NC..... a Lexington Style BBQ sandwich.. some crinkled fries.... and a nice tall cold bottle of Cheerwine will be my treat. :D
You had me until the Cheerwine. What the heck is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom