What's The Word On KAELA DAVIS | The Boneyard

What's The Word On KAELA DAVIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

HGN

Reaction Score
Since decommitting from the LadyVols , Kaela Davis has been pretty quiet. Any word on her recruiting......Are the Huskies interested ? After all she is the #2 ranked player for 2013.

Since DD went to UNC , Davis would be an excellent get to fill the role Geno had in mind for DD.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Did Davis ever have UCONN listed as a university that she was considering? It sounds as if Geno is not big on pursuing players who have given little indication of interest, based on what I've read on this board.

Reaction Score
I'd like 2 things. First, I'd like to know what soured between Davis's family and the LV's. There are people who claim to know but will only whisper it to their friends so it must be personal. Second, I'd like to see her go to a BE team where I can watch her play for 4 years. The BE is close to becoming the preeminant conference in wcbb.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
ND is one of the teams that is in on the Kaela Davis sweepstake. IMHO if you ask Kaela or her family it will be a cold day before she considers UConn. There are some kids and their families for what ever reason, will never consider playing for Geno. In Kaela's case, I think she's heard nothing but bad things about Geno and UConn for as long as she's been playing basketball.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
ND is one of the teams that is in on the Kaela Davis sweepstake. IMHO if you ask Kaela or her family it will be a cold day before she considers UConn. There are some kids and their families for what ever reason, will never consider playing for Geno. In Kaela's case, I think she's heard nothing but bad things about Geno and UConn for as long as she's been playing basketball.

What is your source for saying that ND is in on the Davis sweepstakes? I'm not suggesting it's inaccurate -- I don't know a thing about her recruitment other than her decision to pull back her commitment to Tenn -- but I've not seen confirmation that she is considering ND.

I don't believe there is any interest between UConn and Davis in either direction.

HGN

Reaction Score
I think Kaela has many options available.......But I would love to see her at UConn. But I don't know if Geno had shown any prior interest. Plus, she committed to Tenn. early . But now that she has opened back up her recruitment , I hope that she is interested in UConn and that the interest is mutual.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I'd like 2 things. First, I'd like to know what soured between Davis's family and the LV's. There are people who claim to know but will only whisper it to their friends so it must be personal. Second, I'd like to see her go to a BE team where I can watch her play for 4 years. The BE is close to becoming the preeminant conference in wcbb.

It is really surprising that no other SEC school, other than Tennessee, has won an NCAA title.

Here is a breakdown on the major conferences and the number of different schools that have won NCAA titles.

Big 12: 4 (Baylor, Tx Tech, TAMU and Texas)
Big East: 2 (UCONN and ND)
ACC: 2 (UNC and MD)
PAC10/12: 2 (USC and Stanford)
SEC: 1 (Tennessee)
Big 10: 1 (Purdue)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
What is your source for saying that ND is in on the Davis sweepstakes? I'm not suggesting it's inaccurate -- I don't know a thing about her recruitment other than her decision to pull back her commitment to Tenn -- but I've not seen confirmation that she is considering ND.

I don't believe there is any interest between UConn and Davis in either direction.
not sure this counts as a "source" but supposedly right around the time she was decommitting from Tennessee, Muffet was seen at her games and it was widely reported, with a lot of angst on their board, that Muffett and ND were doing something unethical in seeing her play and talking to her.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

Very interesting. What would create a situation where any university would not be interested in the number 2 player in her class, unless she is a known trouble maker or incredibly overrated?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Very interesting. What would create a situation where any university would not be interested in the number 2 player in her class, unless she is a known trouble maker or incredibly overrated?
I can't speak for Cat, but UCONN does not get involved with every top recruit. Mercedes Russell is another one that apparently very early on decided UCONN was not the place for her, or vice versa.

That is not to say there is anything "wrong" with any of those kids, but Geno and the staff need to feel the kid is a good match in every way regardless of how highly they are ranked. the uber-talented kids who have come thru Storrs are usually also very hard working, humble, etc etc. Diana was probably one of the few exceptions of a kid who was fiery and very outspoken who also had great success at UCONN.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
not sure this counts as a "source" but supposedly right around the time she was decommitting from Tennessee, Muffet was seen at her games and it was widely reported, with a lot of angst on their board, that Muffett and ND were doing something unethical in seeing her play and talking to her.

Wasn't Muffet there to watch Kaela's teammate Kristina Nelson who is now committed to ND? Is it now unethical for a coach to watch a player who has reopened her recruitment? That crowd should do a little research on some of the shenanigans Pat Summitt used to engage in back in the 70's and 80's.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Wasn't Muffet there to watch Kaela's teammate Kristina Nelson who is now committed to ND? Is it now unethical for a coach to watch a player who has reopened her recruitment? That crowd should do a little research on some of the shenanigans Pat Summitt used to engage in back in the 70's and 80's.
You are probably right Cat. i honestly did not pay that much attention to the specifics, or the actual chain of events. i just enjoyed the train wreck. But i'm unclear if Muffett was supposedly spotted BEFORE Kaela decommitted, and therefore had some kind of "hand" in Kaela's decision, or if she "swooped" in immediately on the heels.

Either way, orange nation had a new queen of mean to heap their hatred on. as a side note, please don't ever suggest Pat has ever done anything even remotely on the left side of the "classy" meter. to even suggest shenanigans might force them to reevaluate the "UCheat" moniker they love to throw around so often... (sarcasm off) ;)

and as a total side note, if Tennessee fails to land one of the big 3 from 2013 (Russell, Davis, Deshields), it really won't matter who they get. they won't be able to realistically compete for a NC until at least 2015-2016. they may get some nice recruits, and some top 10 recruits even, but without the elite players, they are unlikely to beat teams like UCONN, Duke, UNC, Baylor, aTm, ND, and any other schools who land those uber-elite players...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
nocat.jpg

I know where I hope she goes

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score

Yeah, I remember seeing posts elsewhere where McGraw was accused of taking advantage of the Summitt situation and poaching and essentially poaching Davis.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
They are crazy over there. A poster has asked why Davis decommitted and still won't reconsider. They are telling this poster to open up their PM's. The poster keeps asking why they act like "middle schools kids".

They just keep telling this poster to open up their PM's. What could possibly be a secret? It must either show the player or tennessee in a bad light.

What a crew....lol.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I remember seeing posts elsewhere where McGraw was accused of taking advantage of the Summitt situation and poaching and essentially poaching Davis.

LOL.
This was the same board that had all but tarred-and-feathered Sheri Coale for luring Sade Wiley-Gatewood to transfer to Oklahoma.

Wait, what's that? SWG went to Maryland? Oh. Nevermind.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
They are crazy over there. A poster has asked why Davis decommitted and still won't reconsider. They are telling this poster to open up their PM's. The poster keeps asking why they act like "middle schools kids".

They just keep telling this poster to open up their PM's. What could possibly be a secret? It must either show the player or tennessee in a bad light.

What a crew....lol.

DD - It's the same secret that followed every other transfer, decommit or missed recruit. Ya' gotta' pay to chat to find out.

Reaction Score

Player needs to be a fit with the coach, the team, style of play, personality, etc.
Player also needs to have moderate interest in the school. If she says "I want a female HC, or I don't want to play in the North," there's not much point in wasting energy on her.

DarthVol

Visitor from the Dark Side
Reaction Score

What a crew....lol.

Just wait, the legal eagles over there are about to blow the roof off these recruiting violations....

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
You are probably right Cat. i honestly did not pay that much attention to the specifics, or the actual chain of events. i just enjoyed the train wreck. But i'm unclear if Muffett was supposedly spotted BEFORE Kaela decommitted, and therefore had some kind of "hand" in Kaela's decision, or if she "swooped" in immediately on the heels.

Either way, orange nation had a new queen of mean to heap their hatred on. as a side note, please don't ever suggest Pat has ever done anything even remotely on the left side of the "classy" meter. to even suggest shenanigans might force them to reevaluate the "UCheat" moniker they love to throw around so often... (sarcasm off) ;)

and as a total side note, if Tennessee fails to land one of the big 3 from 2013 (Russell, Davis, Deshields), it really won't matter who they get. they won't be able to realistically compete for a NC until at least 2015-2016. they may get some nice recruits, and some top 10 recruits even, but without the elite players, they are unlikely to beat teams like UCONN, Duke, UNC, Baylor, aTm, ND, and any other schools who land those uber-elite players...
A new "Queen of Mean." I like it!

Reaction Score

What a crew....lol.

I read those comments too, but since they are a very strange fan base I didn't anything of it. Recruits change their mind all the time for one reason or another. They still do believe they will get MR.

BooRadley

CPL Boo, USMC
Reaction Score
That crowd should do a little research on some of the shenanigans Pat Summitt used to engage in back in the 70's and 80's.

It seems most of today's fans either weren't paying attention to WCBB back in those days or they have forgotten them...

YOPB

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I read those comments too, but since they are a very strange fan base I didn't anything of it. Recruits change their mind all the time for one reason or another. They still do believe they will get MR.
of course they do. they are a lock for Russell, Greenwell, Scaife and Tucker...

Reaction Score
wouldn't be surprised if every school that missed out of DD doesn't go after KD .. Maryland, Duke in particular

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom