What's Danny doing? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What's Danny doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Your post makes a lot of sense but I feel a
lot of Hurleys “antics” while not contrived are all
Part of the “brand” that he is trying to create
It goes together with always pushing the culture ,play they don’t lose outside the big east
Alluding to getting players to the nba ,coaches trying to poach players in season im a tough city kid from the playgrounds of Jersey City
To me this is all about creating his version of the UConn brand that will allow him to recruit players
That fit his style I.e. were tough take no bs and UConn is the only real blue blood
While I find the interaction with the fans pretty
Foolish I’m convinced Mr Hurley knows ecactly
What he is doing and if nothing else it becomes
Newsworthy and reinforces his tough guy image
I think he is one smart guy

Reaction Score
Years ago, there was a Marquette coach named Al McGuire, who sometimes, and probably on purpose, would provoke the opposing team's fans at road games.

I think he did it to take the heat off his players.

He was a legendary coach for sure.
And also a Northeast guy.

Reaction Score
We get the whole package with Hurley. If you want the wins and “chip on your shoulder” mentality then you also get him being a lunatic and bantering with opposing fans. He’s not gonna change and we don’t want him to. Personally, I love it. That’s the kinda guy I would want to run through a wall for if I were an 18-21 year old kid.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
We get the whole package with Hurley. If you want the wins and “chip on your shoulder” mentality then you also get him being a lunatic and bantering with opposing fans. He’s not gonna change and we don’t want him to. Personally, I love it. That’s the kinda guy I would want to run through a wall for if I were an 18-21 year old kid.
Not surprising post/name

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I am glad some of the big names on this board are noting this. I have wanted to post something about him calming down as this behavior never ends well. Maybe not this year , maybe not next year but eventually it will. It can’t be every game and it will sell a lot differently if we were not the best team in the country. But long term this will result in some type of incident. The real life trolls will only ratchet it up it he let’s them do it. He says he has thick skin hope he starts living that statement.
Somewhat agree. But consider this. Fans are frequently out of control. With the attention Hurley is bringing it could result in the BE insisting that security be stepped up around opposing teams benches and exit tunnels. I'm not sure anyone has thought this might be his intent. There is no reason Andrea should avoid attending a PC game because drunk fans are spitting on her.

Reaction Score
I hope Dan Hurley doesn't change a thing, it's working. And reading the opinions in this thread just validates my opinion even more

Reaction Score
Your post makes a lot of sense but I feel a
lot of Hurleys “antics” while not contrived are all
Part of the “brand” that he is trying to create
It goes together with always pushing the culture ,play they don’t lose outside the big east
Alluding to getting players to the nba ,coaches trying to poach players in season im a tough city kid from the playgrounds of Jersey City
To me this is all about creating his version of the UConn brand that will allow him to recruit players
That fit his style I.e. were tough take no bs and UConn is the only real blue blood
While I find the interaction with the fans pretty
Foolish I’m convinced Mr Hurley knows ecactly
What he is doing and if nothing else it becomes
Newsworthy and reinforces his tough guy image
I think he is one smart guy
Was this supposed to be a really long haiku? :)

Reaction Score
Somewhat agree. But consider this. Fans are frequently out of control. With the attention Hurley is bringing it could result in the BE insisting that security be stepped up around opposing teams benches and exit tunnels. I'm not sure anyone has thought this might be his intent. There is no reason Andrea should avoid attending a PC game because drunk fans are spitting on her.
If any fans were spitting at my wife, im coming to the next game with a small flamethrower under my jacket.

Reaction Score
Agree for sure. But he does need to stop there’s a little too much arrogance in many ways in his interviews rather than confidence. But he’s winning so…. Just don’t let that stop!
Disagree. I want more of it. He can whip a fans ass at half court just off last year’s title. What kids these days want to play for a humble coach? He wouldn’t even produce good commitment videos for instagram.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom