What's Danny doing? | The Boneyard

What's Danny doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
After my initial chuckle at DH's not so subtle backhand at Providence fans last night, I began to wonder if he's really not begging them to come after him the next time they see us. That could end ugly. Then I wondered if he's not also challenging the Marquette fans to prove that they can be nasty too. Is this one of those deals where a coach deliberately draws attention to himself to shield his players? Or is he just that out of control? I love the job he is doing but this WWE heel vibe is a bit strange.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
After my initial chuckle at DH's not so subtle backhand at Providence fans last night, I began to wonder if he's really not begging them to come after him the next time they see us. That could end ugly. Then I wondered if he's not also challenging the Marquette fans to prove that they can be nasty too. Is this one of those deals where a coach deliberately draws attention to himself to shield his players? Or is he just that out of control? I love the job he is doing but this WWE heel vibe is a bit strange.

There's nothing more to it than his being a hot headed Irishman. He needs to stop.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
He was complimenting Marquette fans. Im not sure what you heard there.

He was never going to not be hated by providence people. Doesn't matter what he says/doesn't say about them.
If I'm a Marquette fan, I'm thinking "is he calling us soft"?

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
“How dare he say we are not Neanderthals! WE WILL SHOW HIM”
Something like that, yeah. I mean, I know some of those folks. Its like a Gunny giving a weekend safety brief and saying "I guess I don't have to worry about you, do I Jonesy?".

Reaction Score
No matter what Hurley does/does not do, fans should not be interacting/engaging with him personally on the floor.

I remember I was at a game where Bruce Pearl came out of the tunnel at the beginning of the second half and hunted out 3 or 4 fans to antagonize. There’s a difference.

Heavy Lies The Crown.

Reaction Score
Generally agree he should tone it down, but it does result in gold like this from the UK board.

IMG_0631.jpeg

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
Fans think they have the right to say whatever they want to players/coaches. Malice at the palace wasn’t that long ago.

Reaction Score
Hopefully all the fan drama is a one year thing. But you'll take it if these are the results.

Agree for sure. But he does need to stop there’s a little too much arrogance in many ways in his interviews rather than confidence. But he’s winning so…. Just don’t let that stop!

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

Nope. If the AD and Big East aren’t going to protect him and his family from the scumbags I’m all for him sticking up for himself and family.

Reaction Score
Years ago, there was a Marquette coach named Al McGuire, who sometimes, and probably on purpose, would provoke the opposing team's fans at road games.

I think he did it to take the heat off his players.

He was a legendary coach for sure.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
There's nothing more to it than his being a hot headed Irishman. He needs to stop.
I am glad some of the big names on this board are noting this. I have wanted to post something about him calming down as this behavior never ends well. Maybe not this year , maybe not next year but eventually it will. It can’t be every game and it will sell a lot differently if we were not the best team in the country. But long term this will result in some type of incident. The real life trolls will only ratchet it up it he let’s them do it. He says he has thick skin hope he starts living that statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom