What is your favorite dessert for the Holidays or at anytime? | The Boneyard

What is your favorite dessert for the Holidays or at anytime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Oh man, do I have to choose just one!
Blueberry Pie

But there are a bunch of other desserts ranked 1.a through 1.zzz

Not the best thread for me and my type two diabetes!:(

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Oh man, do I have to choose just one!
Blueberry Pie

But there are a bunch of other desserts ranked 1.a through 1.zzz

Not the best thread for me and my type two diabetes!:(
Then I wish for you the most sudden of upturns in health----and a thick slice of hot blueberry pie with perhaps, strawberry or vanilla ice cream on top? Eaten of course during UConn's 12th this year.

Reaction Score
In the summertime - Blueberry pie - made with fresh hand picked wild blueberries, topped with whipped cream.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Heresy to say, because I am a chocoholic, but strawberry shortcake.
I think Strawberry Shortcake is a New England thing. Best ingredients: warm homemade biscuits made with Bisquick, thawed frozen strawberries with the juice, and fresh strawberries, real whipped cream, and Breyers Vanilla bean ice cream. Getting hungry just typing this.....

JordyG

Reaction Score
I think Strawberry Shortcake is a New England thing. Best ingredients: warm homemade biscuits made with Bisquick, thawed frozen strawberries with the juice, and fresh strawberries, real whipped cream, and Breyers Vanilla bean ice cream. Getting hungry just typing this.....
O-o-o-o-o-o! Nice!

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Pun'kin pie(with whipped cream)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
No, not just NE thing. Had strawberry shortcake all the time growing up in the midwest.

But my favorite dessert is still probably cookies. Not even sure what my favorite kind is. But yea, I think I'd take cookies over anything else if given the choice.

cover-363-thinking-about-cookies-cookie-monster-fb-cover-1388015480.jpg

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
My wife makes the best apple pie in the world. Unfortunately, she only makes it a couple of times a year.

Reaction Score
No, not just NE thing. Had strawberry shortcake all the time growing up in the midwest.

But my favorite dessert is still probably cookies. Not even sure what my favorite kind is. But yea, I think I'd take cookies over anything else if given the choice.

cover-363-thinking-about-cookies-cookie-monster-fb-cover-1388015480.jpg

Need I specify chocolate chip cookies are is that just assumed ? With milk !

Reaction Score
I have to mention Briemere Farms (Long Island) fruit pies. especially their blueberry cream and cherry pies. If there are tastier commercially made pies, I haven't eaten them. It's out of the way but worth the trip.

Reaction Score
My favorite holiday dessert without question is homemade toll house cookies. I only bake them once a year so I savor every bite! :D

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Warm apple pie followed by Colonial Innkeeper pie.

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
Far be it for me to turn down any dessert, but with Thanksgiving coming up, I find myself craving a slice of my mom's pecan pie more than anything. So I've gotta go with that. :) :D

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Need I specify chocolate chip cookies are is that just assumed ? With milk !
No, they are up there as one of my favorites, but I don't think I would put them first. And never with milk. Don't do milk anymore.
My wife makes the best apple pie in the world. Unfortunately, she only makes it a couple of times a year.
I make one of the best Dutch Apple pies I've tasted. But it just may be I like my own cooking. ;)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Then I wish for you the most sudden of upturns in health----and a thick slice of hot blueberry pie with perhaps, strawberry or vanilla ice cream on top? Eaten of course during UConn's 12th this year.
Ah, for the real connoisseur (and when you can find it) the best topping on a hot blueberry pie is ginger ice cream!
Thanks for the wishes! I think I will have to settle for either apple or pumpkin this thanksgiving (they are around 1.h, and 1.p on my list of favorite deserts.)

JordyG

Reaction Score
I'm still trying to narrow it down.... i'll be back later today... or tomorrow :oops:
Take your time, it'll still be there. As a third choice however I'd like to add my growing affection for butter pecan ice cream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom