Western Michigan 6'8" grad transfer | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Western Michigan 6'8" grad transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Chemistry matters. Bringing in a player just because you have an open scholarship doesn't automatically improve the team. We'll always have more scholarship players than guys actually in the rotation.

How is his defense? How is his attitude? Academics? There's no reason to look at his meager stat line as if we should automatically take him, much less beg like the OP.

No one should automatically want him or automatically dismiss him, he would need to be of interest to the team and the staff, but that's not something we are capable of determining ourselves.

Reaction Score
No one should automatically want him or automatically dismiss him, he would need to be of interest to the team and the staff, but that's not something we are capable of determining ourselves.
Except for the fact this is a message board and the sole purpose of this place is to give us idiots the forum to debate topics like this.

No one here thinks that we are making the decision to take the kid and not the staff.

Reaction Score

Did you read the OP? "Please, Please, Please."

Guys... where are all the other players you think we should be taking for next year instead? I know a few have been mentioned, but we have more than one scholarship open. Any argument for taking this guy would not be one based on him being an impact player, but the fact that it really can't hurt anything to have another experienced body on a relatively young team.

It could hurt chemistry, it could help too.

I wonder why a guy who shot nearly 50% from three point range at 6'8" couldn't get more than 15 minutes/game on a team that went 13-19 in a bad conference.

I'm going to automatically dismiss him, unless and until I hear his name come from someone with sources who actually reports on the program.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Except for the fact this is a message board and the sole purpose of this place is to give us idiots the forum to debate topics like this.

No one here thinks that we are making the decision to take the kid and not the staff.

I'd say that statement is debatable.

Reaction Score
Jeff Goodman@GoodmanESPN

Western Michigan grad transfer Kellen McCormick hearing from Ga Tech, USC, Oakland, Wright State, etc, per source. 6-8 shot 46% from 3.

Not a bad little list...

Oakland or Wright State sure, but I'll believe high major interest when I see it. The kid made 15 two point baskets the entire season last year and doesn't rebound.

Kellen's father is former 76er Tim McCormick, who has also worked for ESPN. I think Goodman's just pimpin'.

Reaction Score
He can shoot and has played, his schollie is back in their hands next year anyway. If he's willing to be a kid who comes off the bench to be a zone beaker on occasion for a national power more power to him.
Granted, it fills an open 2016 ship that will free up again 2017. I don't know anything about him, but if he's a marginal player, it's best to leave the PT to players who will return for subsequent seasons, so that they can get as much developmental PT as possible. If he brings thing to the floor that others can't that can help us win some games, then why not.

Based on his #s, unless he was hurt and is much better than his stats, I'd say pass and move on.

It would be nice if there were some international players who could be added that have experience and skills we need, but I'm assuming all 2016 options have been exhausted by this time. Jackson would have been a nice get, but they swung and missed. As good as our 2016 recruiting was, I still can't help but wonder how much better it might have been if we were in a P5 conference. It is what it is, so we have to play with the cards we've been dealt.

Past history tells us that the recruits UConn gets ever few years shocks the h*ll out of everyone, including us, on the way to winning championships. As much as I want to get the recruits that KO and his staff zero in on, I like what we have coming in. Hopefully Enoch will get some valuable experience playing overseas this summer that will translate to the big physical front court player we've been needing.

If the 2011 & 14 teams could win it all with that mix of talent that were on those teams, there's no reason why this group can't do the same within the next year or two, at least go deep into the tourney.

Reaction Score
Did you read the OP? "Please, Please, Please."

Yeah. So what. I didn't agree with him. I don't agree with anyone saying we definitely should or definitely shouldn't have him. I think we should look into it.

Reaction Score
Granted, it fills an open 2016 ship that will free up again 2017. I don't know anything about him, but if he's a marginal player, it's best to leave the PT to players who will return for subsequent seasons, so that they can get as much developmental PT as possible. If he brings thing to the floor that others can't that can help us win some games, then why not.

Based on his #s, unless he was hurt and is much better than his stats, I'd say pass and move on.

It would be nice if there were some international players who could be added that have experience and skills we need, but I'm assuming all 2016 options have been exhausted by this time. Jackson would have been a nice get, but they swung and missed. As good as our 2016 recruiting was, I still can't help but wonder how much better it might have been if we were in a P5 conference. It is what it is, so we have to play with the cards we've been dealt.

Past history tells us that the recruits UConn gets ever few years shocks the h*ll out of everyone, including us, on the way to winning championships. As much as I want to get the recruits that KO and his staff zero in on, I like what we have coming in. Hopefully Enoch will get some valuable experience playing overseas this summer that will translate to the big physical front court player we've been needing.

If the 2011 & 14 teams could win it all with that mix of talent that were on those teams, there's no reason why this group can't do the same within the next year or two, at least go deep into the tourney.

I'm good with this but we don't know either way right? I mean 46% from 3 is never bad. If he can do it at our level, who knows but if he can, doesn't hurt to have depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom