Western Michigan 6'8" grad transfer | The Boneyard

Western Michigan 6'8" grad transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So you're fine with Kenton Facey? I'm not. A one year bridge is necessary, roster is thin.. Literally and figuratively.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
So you're fine with Kenton Facey? I'm not. A one year bridge is necessary, roster is thin.. Literally and figuratively.
In addition to Facey we have 3 recruits -- Durham, Diallo & Jackson -- who can all play PF. And if it comes down to needing a floor-stretcher out there, I'd much rather the 4 mpg this kid might play go to Jackson instead since he'll have an impact for us down the road.

Reaction Score
the kid is barely 200lbs so i dont know why u think he's a big

Reaction Score
In addition to Facey we have 3 recruits -- Durham, Diallo & Jackson -- who can all play PF. And if it comes down to needing a floor-stretcher out there, I'd much rather the 4 mpg this kid might play go to Jackson instead since he'll have an impact for us down the road.

Durham may be a medical redshirt, Diallo is rawer than Enoch was, and Jackson is the furthest thing from a 4.. I understand giving the young guys minutes to develop but this isn't fantasy basketball, you need size to compete at the level we are expected to.

Reaction Score
I'm certainly fine with him compared to a guy who played 15 minutes a game for a 13-19 team from the MAC. Facey can actually be a good player for us if he can just reduce his fouling. He was our best offensive rebounder by a mile last year.

Reaction Score
So, a guy who can rebound offensively but provide nothing else is a positive movement... I like Facey, but I have no idea about the team next year...

Last edited by a moderator:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Durham may be a medical redshirt, Diallo is rawer than Enoch was, and Jackson is the furthest thing from a 4.. I understand giving the young guys minutes to develop but this isn't fantasy basketball, you need size to compete at the level we are expected to.

Please Please Please - find UConn someone who doesn't average less than 7pts a game for a sub 500 team in the MAC - he shoots 46% on 3's on how many attempts?
UConn doesn't scrape the bottom third of any barrel

Reaction Score
Please Please Please - find UConn someone who doesn't average less than 7pts a game for a sub 500 team in the MAC - he shoots 46% on 3's on how many attempts?
UConn doesn't scrape the bottom third of any barrel

To be fair... this guy did make more 3's than DHam while attempting way less.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
He looks like one of those 20 year old kids who never left high school and still thinks it's funny to egg the neighbor's house on Halloween.
i

Reaction Score
I don't see the harm assuming he's willing to be an 11th man. I doubt that's the case, though, so hopefully he will join me @ UNH where we could use a shooter of his caliber.

Reaction Score
From Jeff Goodman this morning:

Kellen McCormick will transfer from Western Michigan, source told ESPN. 6-8, has graduated, will play next season. Shot 46% from 3 last year

Please.
Please.
Please.
New member. the t-bone can be cold at times. Pick your spots. This kid is not a guy who will help us.

Reaction Score
New member. the t-bone can be cold at times. Pick your spots. This kid is not a guy who will help us.
Very true....

I know just about every college basketball player in the nation that actually plays, I never ever heard of this kid, I would stay far far away...

Reaction Score
I am fine with KF over this guy anyday!! Next topic please

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
So, a guy who can rebound offensively but provide nothing else is a positive movement... I like Facey, but I have no idea about the team next year...

How is this guy an upgrade over Facey then? Specifically. I haven't seen him play.

Outside of stretch 4, which we have already (Durham).

Reaction Score
Sadly, there isn't much left out there. I was interested in Norville Carey from USM, but he's going to Rider. Christian Jones from St. John's might be the best option. I also like Paris Bass's game, but he's a bit of a knucklehead. Jones would be good enough to give us starter's minutes if everyone else disappoints.

Reaction Score
A marginal player taking minutes away from s future starter doesn't seem like s good bet.
Our first Grad transfer was an act of desperation for s depleted rooster.
Kromah was the protégé of one of our coaches and gave us versatility on a mature team. Don't underestimate the fact that he was extended family even before he arrived.
Last year was again desperation at the guard position and the availability of a terrific front court athlete. Even with their past success KO struggled to integrate them into the team.
If there was a stud PF available this year I'd say heck yes . I 'm not a huge Facey fan. But to give minutes that should go to Diarra ( yes he is the 4 heir ) to a less athletic journeyman doesn't sound too smart.
I suspect Facey will have to work his butt off to keep his position.

Reaction Score
If a thin frontcourt is the problem, a 6'8" guy who averaged 2 rebounds/game is not the solution. He averaged roughly 1 rebound (1.9) fewer per game than Jalen Adams (2.7), our 6'2" 170 lb freshman.

Reaction Score
Guys... where are all the other players you think we should be taking for next year instead? I know a few have been mentioned, but we have more than one scholarship open. Any argument for taking this guy would not be one based on him being an impact player, but the fact that it really can't hurt anything to have another experienced body on a relatively young team.

Reaction Score
Guys... where are all the other players you think we should be taking for next year instead? I know a few have been mentioned, but we have more than one scholarship open. Any argument for taking this guy would not be one based on him being an impact player, but the fact that it really can't hurt anything to have another experienced body on a relatively young team.

He can shoot and has played, his schollie is back in their hands next year anyway. If he's willing to be a kid who comes off the bench to be a zone beaker on occasion for a national power more power to him.

Reaction Score
Chemistry matters. Bringing in a player just because you have an open scholarship doesn't automatically improve the team. We'll always have more scholarship players than guys actually in the rotation.

How is his defense? How is his attitude? Academics? There's no reason to look at his meager stat line as if we should automatically take him, much less beg like the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom