Westbrook waiver denied | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Westbrook waiver denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
Just guessing, would the waiver have been approved if Westbrook transferred to a school close to her Salem, Oregon home? How does AEH get hers to MSU and Westbrook doesn't?

Probably no way to answer either question but would be interested in opinions.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Wait a minute, we had to wait till November to find out that the waiver was denied. I’m still trying to figure out how Shepard gets granted a waiver with no immediate coaching change, but Westbrook can’t???
Waiver was submitted a few weeks ago (early October) not that long to wait considering. Coaching change had nothing to do with the waiver request and is not a criteria for immediate eligibility.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
If anyone doubts that Shepard was denied a waiver then granted one on appeal ! Look up Wikipedia.

Would it shock anyone if Wikipedia was wrong?

Absolutely nothing anywhere about her request being denied.

Junior forward Jessica Shepard, a transfer from Nebraska, will be immediately eligible for the Irish. The NCAA announced Wednesday an approval of Notre Dame's eligibility waiver for Shepard.

An appeal to the NCAA for immediate eligibility dragged on longer than usual. She was finally cleared the day of ND’s exhibition.

Reaction Score
Shepard didn't have to appeal because the NCAA granted her claim.

To this day, Shepard’s parents have no idea why her appeal was successful. That same fall, for instance, Navy transfer Alohi Gilman was told he’d have to sit out a year before playing football for the Irish.

“Nobody seems to really know what the deal is there,” Mark Shepard said. “When we looked at it, about 50 percent of the applications got approved and you have to go through multiple appeals to make it happen. She fully anticipated she would have to sit out for a year.”

Reaction Score
It'd be interesting either way, but I think it's more interesting if Evina is playing in that game rather than sitting on the bench in street clothes.
It'd be interesting either way, but I think it's more interesting if Evina is playing in that game rather than sitting on the bench in street clothes.
I wasn't thinking of the game itself as much as the attitude between the fanbases.

Reaction Score
Te'a Cooper was denied her waiver to SC and her appeal was denied as well . The whole bad treatment at UT is false news. She dug her own grave with her comments during the NCAA tourney. No player should ever voice there opinion on that stage even if they are 100% factually correct.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

To this day, Shepard’s parents have no idea why her appeal was successful. That same fall, for instance, Navy transfer Alohi Gilman was told he’d have to sit out a year before playing football for the Irish.

“Nobody seems to really know what the deal is there,” Mark Shepard said. “When we looked at it, about 50 percent of the applications got approved and you have to go through multiple appeals to make it happen. She fully anticipated she would have to sit out for a year.”

What is this article supposed to be proving? It says nothing about her request being denied and her being granted eligibility on appeal.

"Appeal" is used in multiple ways. Westbrook just "appealed" to the NCAA for a waiver. That's not the same as "appealing" a decision already made.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
What is this article supposed to be proving? It says nothing about her request being denied and her being granted eligibility on appeal.

Mark Shepard said. “When we looked at it, about 50 percent of the applications got approved and you have to go through multiple appeals to make it happen. She fully anticipated she would have to sit out for a year.”

Reaction Score
NCAA Auditor: But Mr, Emmert, she meets all the qualifications for waiver....

View attachment 47656
"I said NO, dammit! She's a UConn transfer!"

Six years after Mark Emmert left his job at the University of Connecticut, the governor of Connecticut ordered an investigation into a massive construction project on campus that had been ravaged by scandal, including more than $100 million lost because of mismanagement.

To find out where things went wrong, the investigators looked at old papers of Emmert, who once supervised the project as UConn's chancellor. They soon found a bombshell.
So current NCAA president Mark Emmert was an ex UConn official?

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Everyone!
1572638626452.png

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
It's UConn. Get back to me the day Geno has a transfer waiver approved. However the very bright side is Evina gets to recover fully from her knee surgery for next year, and this team will really be loaded. Keep your chin up young lady, it's certainly NOT the end of the world, just a beginning.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Mark Shepard said. “When we looked at it, about 50 percent of the applications got approved and you have to go through multiple appeals to make it happen. She fully anticipated she would have to sit out for a year.”

When we looked at it, about 50 percent of the applications got approved and you have to go through multiple appeals to make it happen.

That's a general statement about his view of the process beforehand; it's not a claim that his daughter appealed a denied request.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
It's UConn. Get back to me the day Geno has a transfer waiver approved.
Has he applied for a waiver in the past? I can't think of one (but then again I'm not a good historian). Pretty sure he didn't seek the waiver for Butler or for Stevens, for example.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
When we looked at it, about 50 percent of the applications got approved and you have to go through multiple appeals to make it happen.

That's a general statement about his view of the process beforehand; it's not a claim that his daughter appealed a denied request.
"50% of the applications got approved" is a general statement about the process beforehand? Come on!

Reaction Score
Wait a minute, we had to wait till November to find out that the waiver was denied. I’m still trying to figure out how Shepard gets granted a waiver with no immediate coaching change, but Westbrook can’t???

For the umpteenth time, coaching changes applies ONLY to INCOMING freshman! Not trying to be snarky, this just comes up a lot on this board. The reason ND and Shepard received a waiver is because ND is the NCAA's darling, they are the #1 draw in CFB and generate hundreds of millions of dollars, Also, Mark Emmert hates UConn and there is a long and nasty history between the two.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Te'a Cooper was denied her waiver to SC and her appeal was denied as well . The whole bad treatment at UT is false news. She dug her own grave with her comments during the NCAA tourney. No player should ever voice there opinion on that stage even if they are 100% factually correct.

What grave did she dig?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
For the umpteenth time, coaching changes ONLY to INCOMING freshman! Not trying to be snarky, this just comes up a lot on this board. The reason ND and Shepard received a waiver is because ND is the NCAA's darling, they are the #1 draw in CFB and generate hundreds of millions of dollars.
You are doing a piss poor job of controlling the snark with those last two sentences of pure innuendo.
Kind of like:
1572639210621.png

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
"50% of the applications got approved" is a general statement about the process beforehand? Come on!

Sure it is, but I don't see what that has to do with whether or not she was denied.

It won't be hard to find umpteen pieces of news on the NCAA denying Westbrook forcing UConn to appeal. Try finding one piece reporting Shepard was denied and ND had to appeal.

Reaction Score
It said Shephard’s appeal was successful. The way I took it, and I’m guessing @uconnell did as well, was that for an appeal to be successful a waiver has to be denied and then an appeal made, but I’m likely comprehending it incorrectly.

Reaction Score
Great initial post :eek: According to athletic director Benedict UConn provided more than 100 pages of supporting material and you have enough inside information to call it fake news.

Reaction Score

Thanks for posting this. Da Ball. I was starting to doubt my memory. not.

Reaction Score
It said Shephard’s appeal was successful. The way I took it, and I’m guessing @uconnell did as well, was that for an appeal to be successful a waiver has to be denied and then an appeal made, but I’m likely comprehending it incorrectly.
No you are not.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting this. Da Ball. I was starting to doubt my memory. not.
I'm curious as to what you think this article is saying to prove your position?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom