We're off for a week! | The Boneyard

We're off for a week!

Reaction Score
Which sucks for the fans but last time we had a week off we came back STRONG. Lots of time to plot our revenge against Seton Hall on March 3rd. Then three games in six days. The 3rd, 6th, and 9th.

After that, four days rest until the BET which will start for us on the 14th. The final is the 16th.

We will begin the NCAA on March 21 or 22. So another decent rest. Then it's go time.

main-qimg-a2e7adaddaf7fd34b4b55e95188da205-lq-1.jpg

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Were these breaks on purpose or just the luck of the draw? They seem be well placed for us.

Reaction Score
Were these breaks on purpose or just the luck of the draw? They seem be well placed for us.

I think it’s “luck” of the draw. Some folks here think we are being punished with this scheduling for flirting with the Big 12.

The break is nice but having our toughest 3 game stretch in 6 days to conclude the season, not so nice.

Reaction Score
3 games in 7 days. Or technically you could say it is 6 days and 10 or 11 hours.

the layoff is way too much. That shouldn't happen in the thick of the season.

Bored Cabin Fever GIF

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Let the Boneyard Games begin!!!

Reaction Score
Last time we had a week off we came out and beat Xavier by 43.
I say lets have a week off before every game.
Better still, lets just rest all the time. No games at all. Imagine the beatings our opponents will have to endure !

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Cue the "It's TV contract and time slots driving this".

As UConn fans we would rather have UConn play this Saturday, March 2nd instead of Sunday, March 3rd. But CBS wants UConn available for their Sunday game at noon. And Fox wants UConn for the Saturday night prime time game against Providence on the 9th.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Hurley sure didn't like how this break played out.
That answers my question. But I am Mr. Positive and I think I like the set-up. Three games in seven days is good prep for 3 games in three days, imo.

Reaction Score
The thing I dislike most is 2 away games to finish up
3 in 6, with the last two on the road, doesn't help us, but the schedule up until now hasn't been bad, with the exception of Depaul away, Marquette home, Creighton away also within 6 days.

The other breaks have been good.

Reaction Score
We're in an 11 team league, so every week someone has to be off.
Not only that, but every game slot someone has to be off.

If you consider every week to have two game slots -- Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday or Friday/Saturday/Sunday -- someone is missing in action then. And I think all of our breaks have been during the week so that we've always been playing those high-visibility slots on the weekend.

Reaction Score
IF we manage to clinch the BE crown before the Providence game, we should seriously consider putting our starters on a 10-15 minute restriction. We would have a 1 seed in both the BET and NCAAT locked in at that point, no point in risking anything for a meaningless game, plus it would give our guys extra rest heading into Thursday's quarterfinal game.

Reaction Score
IF we manage to clinch the BE crown before the Providence game, we should seriously consider putting our starters on a 10-15 minute restriction. We would have a 1 seed in both the BET and NCAAT locked in at that point, no point in risking anything for a meaningless game, plus it would give our guys extra rest heading into Thursday's quarterfinal game.
U know there is no way DH would do that, unless we are winning in a blow out. He values winning too much...they are college kids...how much time do they need to recover from a game on Saturday?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don't agree. That would be too much rest. Keep the same pattern they have in the NCAA's.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Don’t love how the schedule broke out for us

It was great for us at the beginning of the year as DC was getting back in to game shape.

Going forward I would expect the BE to keep putting the heavyweights against each other at the end of the season when football season is over than there are more national TV slots available.

Reaction Score
i think having a week to prep for our payback game against Hall, which would clinch at least a share of the regular season title, on senior night, with 2 games to spare, is pretty great.

Reaction Score
After what Kemba and Company did in 2011, I'll never look at a schedule and complain, "Whoa is us."
I like the 3-game finale, it gives us a chance to hone a fine edge.

Reaction Score
Schedule should be based off a wait time that's appropriate for the BY haiku thread. Waiting 8 days for another haiku thread is just pure insanity! Why God, WHY???!!!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
After what Kemba and Company did in 2011, I'll never look at a schedule and complain, "Whoa is us."
I like the 3-game finale, it gives us a chance to hone a fine edge.
I think it's woe, not whoa, but otherwise I fully agree.

Bottom line, we play the games that are in front of us. If we can't get it done, it's on us.

Reaction Score
Everybody has a gauntlet in the schedule somewhere.

Check St. John's from mid Jan to Feb 18. @-Creighton, @-Seton Hall, H-Marquette, H-Nova, @-Xavier, H-UConn, H-DePaul break, @-Marquette, @Providence, H-Seton Hall. You're not going to be shocked to know they went 2-8 in that stretch and are 6-1 outside of that stretch.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom