Welp... | The Boneyard

Welp...

Reaction Score
I was wrong... Clearly there's a lot of work to do on our end. Zone defense doesn't work too well with our current personnel it seems... or lack of experiencein it???... we need edge rush help too...somebody that scares the QB...JM needs more portal magic for that.... 'Cuse took full advantage of it...the entire game....

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Just read article in Courant where Mora said they wanted to pressure Schrader.
Mission not accomplished.

Reaction Score
I thought the defense was set up to stop the run and they did a fairly competent job at it. And they put some pressure Oon the quarterback when they sent a linebacker, but not when they just rushed 4 down linemen. It was a bit of pick your poison. But Syracuse was simply a better football team.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Got to him a a few times. A few times the guys took bad angles and got to him but ran past him

Reaction Score
Maybe a Defensive Coordinator would be a good place to start?
Hate to say it but it’s not just lack of coordinator- this team does not have much talent on D.

When was the last time we had an edge player who could win one on one in pass rush? Trevardo?

Reaction Score
Isn't part of the definition of pressure actually closing the deal?
Sure but if we're talking about scheming to get to the QB, we did that a decent amount of the time. Mora ain't out there tackling

Reaction Score
No push on D without blitzing. Rushing 3 on third down was stupid. Way to much time for that good of QB. D coordinator is a must.

Reaction Score
I thought the defense was set up to stop the run and they did a fairly competent job at it. And they put some pressure Oon the quarterback when they sent a linebacker, but not when they just rushed 4 down linemen. It was a bit of pick your poison. But Syracuse was simply a better football team.
Syracuse OL had some big boys…

008.png

RT Anthony Red is from Bloomfield/St. Thomas More

Reaction Score

You didn’t see him get sacked and pushed out of the pocket all those times?

We just don’t have the defensive backs to keep him from completing the passes and he was very big and elusive.

I hope we can find a guy like him in the portal.

Reaction Score
You didn’t see him get sacked and pushed out of the pocket all those times?

We just don’t have the defensive backs to keep him from completing the passes and he was very big and elusive.

I hope we can find a guy like him in the portal.
Cale Millen looks like he can run like him, isn't afraid of contact like Schrader, is 6'4 and above 210. If Mora can get his shoulder healthy and throwing properly, he may already be on our roster. Just need some 6'5 receivers now.

Reaction Score
Cale Millen looks like he can run like him, isn't afraid of contact like Schrader, is 6'4 and above 210. If Mora can get his shoulder healthy and throwing properly, he may already be on our roster. Just need some 6'5 receivers now.

We need to keep recruiting. There will be tons of QBs in the portal in a few months too.

Reaction Score
Hate to say it but it’s not just lack of coordinator- this team does not have much talent on D.

When was the last time we had an edge player who could win one on one in pass rush? Trevardo?
They weren’t in the same class as Trevardo, but really wish we still had Travis and Uguak for one more season, both were juniors last year, were they not?

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
We need to keep recruiting. There will be tons of QBs in the portal in a few months too.
It's amazing how much the quarterback carousel keeps spinning on teams. And it is constantly changing.

Krajewski left UConn I would guess based on style of play and incoming QB depth. But...If he was still here he would be starting.

Obviously....I don't know the conversations he had with the staff...or if he knew he wanted to go back south. But...even with receiver injuries, he would be our best option at QB if he was still here.

Reaction Score
It's amazing how much the quarterback carousel keeps spinning on teams. And it is constantly changing.

Krajewski left UConn I would guess based on style of play and incoming QB depth. But...If he was still here he would be starting.

Obviously....I don't know the conversations he had with the staff...or if he knew he wanted to go back south. But...even with receiver injuries, he would be our best option at QB if he was still here.

And Steven Krajewski is third string at Georgia State.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

The size disparity between UConn WR's and seemingly every other team is incredible. Fitzgerald is only WR with any size to just grab 50/50 balls. Maybe add Clecirius to thar group.

Reaction Score
I didn't understand the soft zone that we played on the last Cuze touchdown pass at the end of the first half. They were close to our 10 yard line and the receiver ran a simple down and in. We had 3 defenders in the area but none of them were close enough to make a play on the ball or the receiver. It was way too easy of a touchdown pass for Syracuse.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Week 3 rankings from The Athletic:
Utah State (90)
CCSU (NR)
Syracuse (61)
Michigan (4)
NC State (20)
Fresno State (30)
FIU (126)
Boston College (86)
Ball State (108)
UMass (129)
Liberty (67)
Army (80)

UConn (120)

Expect 3 straight blowouts. Assuming we don't lose morale completely, 5 of the last 6 should be competitive with a chance at 3 or 4 more wins.

Reaction Score

Recruits Voorhis and Branch are edge rushers but Mora would probably like to redshirt them this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom