Week of 3/4/24 Other Games | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Week of 3/4/24 Other Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
me to nova appearing on brackets with 13 losses in a mid major poverty conference:
Comedy Central Middle Finger GIF by Workaholics
You're really feeling yourself after beating 9-22 West Virginia.

You think you'll ever see another Cincinnati tournament appearance in your lifetime?

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
That's cause Nova play in a real basketball conference.

If you are talking about a charity case, look in the mirror.
They play depaul and georgetown for 4 of their wins, give it up. the leagues hot garbagio

Reaction Score
I don't care what Donnny says Villanova with this loss will need to win the Big East Tourney to get in now. I think St. John's and Seton Hall make it with Providence and outside shot.
Yup. If they won those 3 Big 5 games against the Philly teams, they would be in.

Reaction Score
Trey Alexander is their shot creator. He pulled shots out of his last year against UConn in the game last year in Omaha.

Reaction Score
I think they need to win 1 or 2 in the BE tournament, and they are in.

They are playing pretty well right now but what are you gonna do when you have to play Creighton and UConn? Both teams can roll most teams including every single team in the B12.
I'm pro as many BE teams as possible but them getting in at 18-15 would be pretty gross. They really should need to get to 20 and play on Saturday IMO.

Reaction Score
They play depaul and georgetown for 4 of their wins, give it up. the leagues hot garbagio
Nova lost 6 straight games against top 10 teams. If Cincy played that schedule, it would be 6 blowouts.

Pretty sure Nova would beat Cincy head on.

Calling the Big East garbage just shows you are nothing but a clueless troll. Mod should just ban your a**.

Reaction Score
Wow Kansas wants nothing to do with Houston this is sad to watch. Give credit to Houston though they’re giving them the business.
The effort on rebounds between the two teams is just night and day. Kelvin gets that team to play hard.

Reaction Score
Villanova lost at home to Marquette, Creighton and UConn by a combined 8 points.

They are right there. What could have been will be NIT bound.

Reaction Score

They are playing pretty well right now but what are you gonna do when you have to play Creighton and UConn? Both teams can roll most teams including every single team in the B12.
Nova is going to have to win the QF at least (against Creighton). Another win over Georgetown isn't going to cut it.

A PC win against DePaul (patron saint of bye-like wins) will get them to 20 wins on the season. That should likely do it - although beating Marquette (or UConn tonight) would be advisable.

Reaction Score
The effort on rebounds between the two teams is just night and day. Kelvin gets that team to play hard.
It is still Kansas on the other side even when you are the top-ranked team in the country.

Reaction Score
4 guaranteed wins offset by 4-6 guaranteed losses from 3 top-10 teams.

Got to assess the league in the middle, bit tougher, no?

Reaction Score
It is still Kansas on the other side even when you are the top-ranked team in the country.
Obviously the national home vs. away splits continue to be propped up by this game but I really don’t think I’ve seen a team benefit more from home court advantage than Kansas, particularly this season. I mean how are they only 3 games above .500 ?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Cinci will be the DePaul of their new league for a very long time. Enjoy.

Reaction Score

They just lost to Seton Hall and Creigton @ home and their record is 17-14. No way they are close to in. They need to win the tourney or maybe get to the finals. If they don't get to the finals their season is over. Neptune needs to be fired if that happens.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
"Jokovich hemmed in by Shaka on the sideline."

Wow, now announced simply like a a play-by-play call.

Reaction Score
You're really feeling yourself after beating 9-22 West Virginia.

You think you'll ever see another Cincinnati tournament appearance in your lifetime?
CBI counts doesn’t it??

Reaction Score
And yet you lost to your leagues equivalent of DePaul/Georgetown, a team w 9 wins on the entire season. Well done!!

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Worth its own thread, but what is the Selection Committee going to do about the NET? It is a computer ranking that was going to be easy to game, and two different leagues, the Big 12 and MWC, have made a mockery of it.

Reaction Score
They just lost to Seton Hall and Creigton @ home and their record is 17-14. No way they are close to in. They need to win the tourney or maybe get to the finals. If they don't get to the finals their season is over. Neptune needs to be fired if that happens.
At some point, strength of schedule has to be taken into consideration. I get they lost some games they should have won, but they are playing well now. Also, they have a W against UNC.

Reaction Score
Knecht has to carry a heavy load for Tennessee and he's taking a beating in this game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom