Week of 3/11/24 Games (Conference Tournaments) | Page 30 | The Boneyard

Week of 3/11/24 Games (Conference Tournaments)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I had the sound off. They called Wahl for a foul on that?!!?
I'm in this thread specifically looking to find out if it represents some rule I've never known about. That was extraordinary live, and got stronger each replay. Still looking.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
I don't if anyone already said it but considering CCSU, Fairfield, and Quinnipiac all had good seasons I'm disappointed none of them won a conference tournament thus no NCAA bids. Maybe an NIT invite for at least one of them?

Reaction Score
Makes you wonder if Temple was playing possum this entire year.

Sidenote: how fukked up it must be for Villanova fans that Temple is the Philly team going to the NCAAT and not their Nova team.
Still have to win 1 more game before they're going to the NCAA tournament

Reaction Score
So some individuals have looked into the temple point shaving allegations and there is some sketchy stuff. A string of unlikely unders were hitting among other puzzling outcomes (the blowout to UAB by 28 after the line had moved by an incredible 6 pts). People are pointing fingers at the guards since they control the game.

Reaction Score
Still have to win 1 more game before they're going to the NCAA tournament
oh damn. I keep forgetting their win against FAU was in the semifinals, but for whatever reason I have it burned in my brain that it was the AAC finals.

Reaction Score
Florida player is down, I didn't see it but they're not showing the replay and are describing it as a severe left ankle injury, yikes.

Jesus, the guy's parents are now on the floor, finally being stretchered off after like 5 minutes.

Auburn is one of those teams I have no idea what to think: they're #4 in KenPom and the only team top 10 on both O and D (not even we are in that category), they're #5 in NET, but have only 2 Quad 1 wins, which I didn't think was possible for a top 5 team in a major conference.

They're #326 in KenPom luck, which I guess means they've destroyed the mediocre teams they've played and lost narrowly to the good teams? Could be dangerous or could be frauds, who knows.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Florida's center, Handlogten, just taken out on a stretcher. Said it was a "severe ankle injury", and one of the coverage guys on the floor mentioned seeing blood. Yikes, hope it isn't too bad, but didn't sound good.

Reaction Score
Florida's center, Handlogten, just taken out on a stretcher. Said it was a "severe ankle injury", and one of the coverage guys on the floor mentioned seeing blood. Yikes, hope it isn't too bad, but didn't sound good.
The replay is available on twitter. Don’t watch it. It’s gruesome. You can hear the bone snap.

Reaction Score
Wow! I was about to write earlier that the last Connecticut school is going down, but Yale just pulled it off at the buzzer.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yale is in. They win in the last second. Congrats. Floater? Did not use the backboard. Wow. Good touch.

Reaction Score
Just saw it - it looked horrible. Hope he can recover down the road from this.
Just horrible. Doesn't it seem like these high ankle (lower leg) breaks seem to be happening during the conference or NCAA championships?

Reaction Score
Yale is in. They win in the last second. Congrats. Floater? Did not use the backboard. Wow. Good touch.
They were down by as much as 6 points with 27 seconds left in the game. Brown missed some critical late free throws. Yale gained their composure and pulled it out.

Reaction Score
I really find this Auburn team to be obnoxious and extremely unlikable. That Mazzaro kid is a always in the middle of controversy. I think they are a good team but pretty hard to like. Maybe it's the fact I took Florida to win the tourney before it started and have a chance to win a decent chunk of change, but I think I would dislike them either way.

Reaction Score
I know the old timers remember this, but he was the one coaching Gonzaga when they almost beat us in 1999.
He has to regret leaving Gonzaga for Minnesota. Mark Few is a household name and Monson is the answer to a trivia question. This is assuming Monson could have done the job Mark Few has done.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
He has to regret leaving Gonzaga for Minnesota. Mark Few is a household name and Monson is the answer to a trivia question.
Frequently the grass is greener in your own yard and what you see elsewhere are weeds.

Reaction Score
I really find this Auburn team to be obnoxious and extremely unlikable. That Mazzaro kid is an always in the middle of controversy. I think they are a good team but pretty hard to like. Maybe it's the fact I took Florida to win the tourney before it started and have a chance to win a decent chunk of change, but I think I would dislike them either way.
Agree 100%. It all starts with their coach who is quite dislikeable. In fact he’s a jerk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom