Week of 3/11/24 Games (Conference Tournaments) | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Week of 3/11/24 Games (Conference Tournaments)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
Nova hits the late 3, and with a timeout available and 9 seconds Depaul panics and turns it over.
I checked the score while I was at work and saw DePaul was up 57-55 with something like 18 seconds left. My thought was, it would be nice if DePaul could finally get that ONE win against a conference team, but on the other hand a loss would ruin 'Nova's chances at a possible NCAA bid, so I was torn. But the final score was such a disappointment as DePaul ALMOST had the victory, and I feel like those players deserved something after fighting so hard. I suppose it was a fitting end to a dismal season of disappointment. I hope they can begin to get things turned in the right direction in the off-season.

Reaction Score
Just got back from MSG. What a crazy finish.

Everyone left in the stadium was rooting for DePaul (other than nova fans obv). It got really loud there at the end.

I Told a few Villanova fans next to me that they will regret this win down the line...

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
oh hello fellas, don't mind me.
i just happen to be a fan of a team that has actually beaten Kansas this season.
Los Angeles Lakers Hello GIF by NBA
That's quite a bit for your little team to be proud of.

Today we're attempting to do (for a third time this season) something your school couldn't. Beat Xavier.

Reaction Score
Reaaaaally fun slate today

1 - UConn vs Xavier, obvious reasons
2 - Seton Hall vs St Johns. Winner likely makes it in, loser likely ends on the wrong side of the bubble
3 - Providence vs Creighton. If Providence wins, they’re in. If Providence loses, they’re out.
4 - Villanova vs. Kolek-less Marquette. Opportunity for Nova to swipe a win and put themselves in a win-and-you’re-in tomorrow

BET <3

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
One helluva crazy finish here. Stephen F Austin beats Abilene Christian at the buzzer. The sequence shown here shows last 13 secs of a tie game. Three posessions...

Reaction Score
I wish you were right. Let's see what the Nova admin has to say about it
I'd be very surprised if he doesn't get one more year. Seems like you have to be Kenny Payne bad to be gone in 2.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'd be very surprised if he doesn't get one more year. Seems like you have to be Kenny Payne bad to be gone in 2.
Are you sure Neptune isn't Kenny Payne bad?

Reaction Score
Fun fact about today's slate:

Today is the first day of 2024 where EVERY game's result directly affects Friday's slate.

Reaction Score
oh hello fellas, don't mind me.
i just happen to be a fan of a team that has actually beaten Kansas this season.
Los Angeles Lakers Hello GIF by NBA
You beat their JV team on a neutral floor.....CONGRATS!!!!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Reaaaaally fun slate today

1 - UConn vs Xavier, obvious reasons
2 - Seton Hall vs St Johns. Winner likely makes it in, loser likely ends on the wrong side of the bubble
3 - Providence vs Creighton. If Providence wins, they’re in. If Providence loses, they’re out.
4 - Villanova vs. Kolek-less Marquette. Opportunity for Nova to swipe a win and put themselves in a win-and-you’re-in tomorrow

BET <3
I think Hall is in. Question really is whether they're headed to a pod or Dayton. It is, however, a must-win for the Johnnies.

Personally, I think the true knockout game today is Pitt/Wake. It really is win or you're out for both of them.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
The Pitt/Wake game is gonna be interesting - no fouls being called despite multiple muggings and guys legit hitting the floor (not flopping) after being run over

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
St. Johns has been pretty solid, but Seton Hall just won't quite go away. It's almost too bad one had to lose.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Houston holding TCU to 11 points in 16 minutes so far.
I'll eat the crow for saying Houston would have a tough time in a real conference. This is the best team he's had yet.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Pitt was looking like mid-2000s Pitt for awhile on both ends. Had a 19 pt lead. Lead now down to 5 with just under 7 left.

I didn't like Ish Legget's game early on this season as it was too much ISO and poor shot selection, but since he moved to 6th man, he's been pretty awesome - solid PG skills and willing to crash the nets and get rebounds. Former URI kid, a junior. Will probably stay at Pitt but someone with a motor worth looking at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom