Week of 11/20 Other Games | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Week of 11/20 Other Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It’s a disgrace that one of these teams will be playing for the championship tomorrow. Neither team can play without fouling and this is simply hideous basketball. Neither team deserve a chance to be the champs.

Should just call this the 3rd/4th place game and make Marquette/Kansas the championship game

caw

Reaction Score
Tennessee makes every game ugly and Purdue isn’t the prettiest team to start.

Don’t know why Tennessee isn’t attacking the rim right now.

Poor coaching by Barnes the last five minutes.

Reaction Score
Horrible shot for Tennessee. How do you take an off the dribble pull up 3 like 5 seconds into the shot clock with a minute left down 4... especially when you're not the best player or shooter on your team.

Reaction Score
Tennessee's offense, brick every three and hope for an offensive rebound. Tennessee's defense, foul every time.

These teams will rack up a ton of wins again, especially Purdue and then flame out again In the tournament.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
These teams are physical. Ugly yes, but they’ll be a tough out.

Reaction Score
Tennessee didn’t shoot a 2 pointer in the last 4 and a half minutes. They shot 3/10 from three in that stretch while Purdue got layups and fouls

Horrible execution down the stretch. They got lucky to lose by so little because Purdue missed a lot of free throws

Tennessee 21-30 from the line. Purdue 29-48. 2 and a half hour game. Bad look for both teams tbh

Reaction Score
That was one ugly game. Not sure either team deserved that one....

Reaction Score
What a game - Ugh that was painful. Have to have some kind of plan for Edey but Purdue are far from invincible. Glad they won and get a shot at one of 2 teams we'll be playing.

Reaction Score
Tennessee makes every game ugly and Purdue isn’t the prettiest team to start.

Don’t know why Tennessee isn’t attacking the rim right now.

Poor coaching by Barnes the last five minutes.

Poor coaching by Barnes....rinse, lather, repeat. His teams are always disappointing decision makers

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
With Officiating to match.
Unlike others, I don't think Purdue is overrated. They are pretty inevitable. It's basically impossible to stop Edey over a full game. They should have won this game by 10+, but they missed 19 FTs.
They will go down early in March. Book it

Reaction Score
I'm keeping my eye on 6'11 JP Estrella for TN who is not an impact player at the moment. I have no idea if there is a remote chance he enters the portal in a future year, but there is some UConn connections. He is from Maine, and was Solo Ball's roommate at Brewster. His mom, (that I've met), was on a women's BC team that beat the UConn women once back in the day. She is great friends with Shea Ralph and follows UConn women closely. Wouldn't be a stretch to become involved if the opportunity ever arose.
A friend of mine (who was a D3 All American and won a national championship and was the MOP at the Final Four) helped with Estrella's AAU team (Middlesex Magic) and said if this kid isn't in the NBA in 2-3 years then his coaches did him a disservice. I laughed and asked why he chose to play for Rick Barnes then.

Reaction Score
Unlike others, I don't think Purdue is overrated. They are pretty inevitable. It's basically impossible to stop Edey over a full game. They should have won this game by 10+, but they missed 19 FTs.
Unless you have Clingan

Reaction Score
Marquette is super quick and relentless and has so many perimeter options but they've been bricking too many open look threes the past two nights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom