Week of 11/20 Other Games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Week of 11/20 Other Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Exhausted after the MSG run, JFK run, then back to upper FFC. Traffic was a bear on every NY road it seemed. But this UCLA team giving Marquette a battle. Staying up for a potential Marquette Kansas matchup if they can pull it out.

Reaction Score
Sean Jones 1-10 from 3 on the season left uncovered and calmly steps into it and drains a 3 with 30 seconds left down 1.

Reaction Score
Can’t tell if I’m rooting for Marquette to save the conference, or rooting for Kansas so we have a crack at #1
Kind of a win-win but I'll be pulling for Marquette. If they win Maui they could be 1

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'll be rooting for KU against Marquette of course. Don't care about Purdue vs Tennessee. Final is going to be a hell of a game, as is the consolation game. Hoping Marquette wins in the consolation game.

Reaction Score
On Tuesday, I’ll be covering Sacred Heart’s first of three 11:30 AM start games, with tomorrow’s tilt against Binghamton.

Odd timing, but a unique opportunity to catch the NEC favorites on a weekday morning! The game is streaming for free on NEC Front Row.
Here's the link to today's 11:30 Binghamton at Sacred Heart game to watch for free:

Today's my first day off for Thanksgiving, so I'm heading out now to cover the game.

After that, I've got a 5 PM phone call scheduled w/ Manhattan coach John Gallagher to gather some intel on the surprisingly strong Jaspers (I picked them to finish last, I'm eating crow for Thanksgiving).

I'll use the info for my own piece on the blog and then obviously for the preview for Friday's game.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I would be hard pressed not to have the winner of Maui be #1. I mean the final four is 1, 2, 4 and 7. Win those games and you deserve #1 right now.
I was all set to argue about Tennessee, but you're probably right.

I'm a bit bummed KU plays at 10:30. I think I'll DVR it.

Reaction Score
Here's my piece from Sacred Heart's dominant win over Binghamton:

IMG_3735.jpg

If you live near the Fairfield area, you gotta check out Sacred Heart this year. They are deep.

Reaction Score
Their title run is still utterly miraculous. And given their lack of offensive firepower, they're very lucky for the breaks they got against Purdue, Auburn, and Tech so that Bennet he got a title. Otherwise...sheesh...
That title team had the second ranked offense in the country.

Reaction Score
this cuse team is not good. they just had two of the most baffling unforced turnovers i have ever seen in a p5 game.

that being said, gonzaga is letting them hang around...

Reaction Score
Syracuse is kind of hanging around with Gonzaga, but they're starting to crack

Turned the ball over on an inbound pass by launching the ball 25 feet, which led to a turnover and wide open layup for Nembhard
Then turned it over on a travel because the guy, who was completely uncovered, took an extra step before letting go of the ball
Then missed a wide open layup

EDIT: then gave up an offensive rebound off a missed free throw..

EDIT again: then pretty much handed the ball to Gonzaga and Nembhard got another wide open dunk..

Reaction Score
Syracuse is kind of hanging around with Gonzaga, but they're starting to crack

Turned the ball over on an inbound pass by launching the ball 25 feet, which led to a turnover and wide open layup for Nembhard
Then turned it over on a travel because the guy, who was completely uncovered, took an extra step before letting go of the ball
Then missed a wide open layup

EDIT: then gave up an offensive rebound off a missed free throw..

EDIT again: then pretty much handed the ball to Gonzaga and Nembhard got another wide open dunk..
yeah, they are looking rough.

the entire offense is starling and mintz forcing up tough shots. feels like they have been stuck at 49 for an eternity.

Reaction Score

the entire offense is starling and mintz forcing up tough shots. feels like they have been stuck at 49 for an eternity.
and bell, who is 2/17 from the field and 1/9 from three...

Reaction Score

I feel bad for Mintz. Should have stayed in the draft or transferred. He has some NBA-level talent but Cuse is not the place to properly showcase it. You're right, it's all just shot chucking because their offense doesn't actually run anything

Not a fan of Starling. Thought it was an overrated pickup this offseason

Reaction Score
That title team had the second ranked offense in the country.
At what pace? I'll tell you: the slowest in basketball that year.

I didn't say they didn't run an efficient offense, it's just that when you play that type of slow down game—especially when you are efficient as they were—you essentially need to both play perfect and not have your opponent be hot that game, because with fewer possessions comes greater variability.

What had to happen for them to beat Purdue, Auburn, and Tech?

Screenshot 2023-11-21 at 5.05.17 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-11-21 at 5.05.43 PM.png

Can't attach the title game image here because of a limit. It's in the next post. They got very lucky to win those three games... even more so when you rewatch them.

Reaction Score
I know it's Chaminade so it doesn't count, and I (kind of) know that it won't keep going this way, but UCLA-Chaminade is on pace to be 56-8 at halftime lol

caw

Reaction Score
I was all set to argue about Tennessee, but you're probably right.

I'm a bit bummed KU plays at 10:30. I think I'll DVR it.

I would agree with Tennessee, I just can’t see them as #1 but they win Maui and they deserve it, probably wouldn’t hold it long though.

I feel bad for Mintz. Should have stayed in the draft or transferred. He has some NBA-level talent but Cuse is not the place to properly showcase it. You're right, it's all just shot chucking because their offense doesn't actually run anything

Not a fan of Starling. Thought it was an overrated pickup this offseason

Their offense is stuck in the past. 6 assists in a game is befuddlingly bad

Reaction Score
Starting to look like it’s NIT three years in a row for Cuse . Lol

Not sure they go .500. Cuse has been ranked a total of 10 weeks the past 10 years. 3 of those instances were preseason, and they dropped out shortly after. A total of one week ranked after November in the past 10 years. Trash program. Not sure about the veracity but a Cuse poster said 100 different teams have been ranked since the last time they have been ranked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom