Week 8 top 25

Reaction Score
Good guys - No movement.

Creighton and Marquette drop.

Welcome back to Providence.

Nova - RV

1703533462085.png

Reaction Score
Does Seth not realize MSU has 4 other losses? Izzo really has mind control over media to think they deserved to be ranked at 7-5, I guess that's why they consistently give him a pass for these sluggish regular seasons with lineups stocked with top 75-100 guys.

Reaction Score
Wow, Creighton got hammered for a 2pt OT loss.

I consider this a make up ranking for us to stay at #5 as we did not move up back to back weeks after wins vs UNC and Gonzaga. Still the same rank as 12/4 after or loss to Kansas.
I don't think it's a makeup so much as an acknowledgement that we had a lot of separation between us at #5 and the rest of the field at #6 and below. We no longer do, but we were not going to fall behind those other teams.

Reaction Score
I see a lot of people in various places complaining about UConn not dropping. We technically did drop - we lost ~300 points, but we just didn’t fall in the numerical ranking.

Also, what team below us deserves to be above us? I don’t see any that can make a convincing argument. Tennessee has more losses and less quality wins, UK lost at home to UNC-Wilmington, UNC we destroyed on a neutral, FAU lost to Bryant. 5 is a perfectly fair ranking for us. We also still haven’t lost a game as a fully healthy team yet.

Reaction Score
Still #5 but this time by 26 points in the voting instead of last week's 132. Safe for now!

UNC still top 10 so that remains a great win. Gonzaga still top 15. Texas top 25 (they got dropped 2 spots even though they didn't lose?)

Creighton down 10 spots? WOW

Shoutout Providence! I'll gladly sacrifice Creighton's ranking if it means getting another BE team in there.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I see a lot of people in various places complaining about UConn not dropping. We technically did drop - we lost ~300 points, but we just didn’t fall in the numerical ranking.

Also, what team below us deserves to be above us? I don’t see any that can make a convincing argument. Tennessee has more losses and less quality wins, UK lost at home to UNC-Wilmington, UNC we destroyed on a neutral, FAU lost to Bryant. 5 is a perfectly fair ranking for us. We also still haven’t lost a game as a fully healthy team yet.

A team that loses to an unranked team should drop. I'm surprised they didn't drop a few spots.

Reaction Score

What are we Duke?

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
Undefeated Houston is ranked #3 but has yet to play a ranked team. Their toughest games were victories over Xavier by 6 and Texas A&M by 4, otherwise they have played a very soft schedule. Their next game is against Penn.

Reaction Score
A team that loses to an unranked team should drop. I'm surprised they didn't drop a few spots.
We did, we were dropped by a ton of voters. We just had such a huge gap between 5 and 6 it didn't matter

Reaction Score
I may have said this in previous threads on this but the voters seem to have drastically changed behavior this year.

Basically losing on the road to remotely competent teams are hardly penalized, particularly if it is a one off (see UK, Purdue, UConn and even to certain extents Duke and MSU).

In the past generally if you lost and others won regardless of the who you got passed by and dropped a tier or 2.

This is likely more voters referring to analytical sources as a basis for decision-making to cover the fact they don't watch or likely even attempt to watch many or most teams in contention.

It's nice that losses aren't as painful but annoying in that wins against major opponents don't move the needle as much.

So unless you lose two in a week or the one isn't to DePaul, Louisville, Vanderbilt, Oregon State type deal you are not going to see more than 1-3 spot in movement up or down in a given week.

Reaction Score
I like the chances of 1 or 2 of those wins appreciating in quality by the end of the season
More important than rankings is the NET of these teams in terms of our tourney seeding. As of now, we have 2 Quad 1 wins and we will have 9 more opportunities for Quad 1 wins in the BE regular season, as there are 7 teams in the top 75 NET. (Two top 30).

Reaction Score
Undefeated Houston is ranked #3 but has yet to play a ranked team. Their toughest games were victories over Xavier by 6 and Texas A&M by 4, otherwise they have played a very soft schedule. Their next game is against Penn.

Lunardi just bumped them to a #1 seed as well and moved us to a #2 seed (still in the east) …. joke

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom