Week 8 top 25 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Week 8 top 25

Reaction Score
Without Clingan we're not even a 2 seed. Let him get healthy first, then complain.

I didn’t complain, but I do thank you for falsely framing my post. I correctly pointed out that it’s a joke that UH has a higher projected seed then us after playing absolutely no one . We played an incredibly difficult schedule without Castle, a hurt Clingan and a hurt Spencer vs Kansas, and are 11-2 with wins against UNC, Gonzaga, Texas and Indiana - all by double digits.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
... one guy had us ranked as low as #12 on his ballot:
With North Carolina and Gonzaga ranked higher than UConn.
We did, we were dropped by a ton of voters. We just had such a huge gap between 5 and 6 it didn't matter
There may be some among them who could now comfortably offer a reason to justify having voted UConn 5 or below in prior weeks.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Without Clingan we're not even a 2 seed. Let him get healthy first, then complain.
We've played 1.5 games without Clingan (and the entire season with him clearly not 100%), and you're making that prediction? Duly noted.

pj

Reaction Score
I didn’t complain, but I do thank you for falsely framing my post. I correctly pointed out that it’s a joke that UH has a higher projected seed then us after playing absolutely no one . We played an incredibly difficult schedule without Castle, a hurt Clingan and a hurt Spencer vs Kansas, and are 11-2 with wins against UNC, Gonzaga, Texas and Indiana - all by double digits.

But, Houston is undefeated, and does well on analytical metrics such as Kenpom where it is #1. They haven't played "no one" unless you think UConn playing Seton Hall is playing "no one". Houston beat Texas A&M who is #23 in Kenpom, Utah who is #31, Dayton who is #35, Xavier who is #42. Meanwhile UConn has lost to Seton Hall who is #79.

Obviously the injuries and the Big East refs are major hurdles, so I'm optimistic UConn will beat Houston in the NCAAs, but as of this moment, Houston deserves to be a 1 seed.

Reaction Score
If we got put in a bracket where Houston is the #1 and we were the #2 itd likely end in yet another "well Uconn only won the title because they had an easy bracket" bs.
Winning the title as a #2 seed in a region with a weak 1 seed is viewed as a negative? Seriously? It’s not viewed as we won another championship with a lot of blah blah blah surrounding it?

Reaction Score
Winning the title as a #2 seed in a region with a weak 1 seed is viewed as a negative? Seriously? It’s not viewed as we won another championship with a lot of blah blah blah surrounding it?
Don’t you know, everyone always has a vendetta against us. Nothing we ever do will be recognized.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Houston has been one of the most consistent programs in recent memory. Coached by a guy who should be a HofFer and who gets the most out of his players. When you play UoH you are playing men not boys.
Their schedule is what it is due to the fact that very few teams want to face them. Their new conference will be much tougher so we will see how things shake out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom