Week 16 preview (Feb. 21-27) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Week 16 preview (Feb. 21-27)

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
DePaul loses to Seton Hall , killer for their ncaa chances. Will now be in the 4/5 game vs Marquette.
Might need to win that and beat UConn to make tourney.
Beware of Seton Hall. They have won eight of their last nine.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
THE REMATCH

Kansas State at Oklahoma today at 4 PM Central on Bally Sports.

Can Ayoka Lee come close to matching her 61 point scoring outburst against OU in Manhattan? I watched that game, and I still don't know how OU couldn't come close to slowing down Lee.

Today, I think OU will just get ahead too quickly and as long as their 3-point shots are failing, they'll kill KSU (who has not played well on the road at all this season).

Reaction Score
I was tipped off that apparently some of our favorite denizens of Volnation have a big bee in their bonnet over this.

Coach Jumper

200.gif

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Lincoln University (PA) the oldest HBCU and a founding member of the CIAA won its first ever CIAA tournament by defeating Elizabeth City State Univ (NC) 67-52. The Lions opened up a tight game in the fourth quarter and won going away. The team has been carrying a heavy heart for the past few weeks as a former star teammate passed away suddenly earlier this month. Though they defeated three straight NC teams to take the title... its hard to root against this team.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
In Division III... Local Favorite Greensboro College run to the USA South Finals was thwarted by Berea College last night 82-68. The high scoring Pride was held to 17 points below their season average of 85ppg. The Pride season ends at 25-2, but with no seniors on the roster, and with 2 first-team all-conference players set to return.. the future looks bright over on West Market Street.

Todays final pits Berea vs Southern Virginia.

Reaction Score
UCF officially clinches their first regular season title since 2005 by avenging their lone conference loss to Cincinnati by a score of 74-39. UCF lead 33-6 after Q1 and this is the 4th straight opponent held under 40 points.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
UCF officially clinches their first regular season title since 2005 by avenging their lone conference loss to Cincinnati by a score of 74-39. UCF lead 33-6 after Q1 and this is the 4th straight opponent held under 40 points.
Pretty impressive season, all things considered, despite the one bad loss to Cincy. Only other losses were to Tennessee and Iowa. A win over Arkansas, plus the sweep of USF. Might be enough to be as high as a 7 seed and avoid the dreaded 8-9 game.

Reaction Score
Not sure why but only when the Pac 12 has a close home win vs a team that is not the best people get their pitch and forks out. I won't say the Pac 12 is the best, but they definitely have an argument to be the 2nd best conference in Wbb. Out of all the conferences I feel that road trips are way harder out West than any other conference. That being said Stanford probably had their worst game not from a scoring standpoint, but from an execution standpoint. Arizona it pains me to see them without their best player, am hoping she can comeback before the tournament.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
OU beats Kansas State 69-66 at home on a last second 3-pointer by Taylor Robertson.

Baylor beats Kansas at home 85-77.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Not sure why but only when the Pac 12 has a close home win vs a team that is not the best people get their pitch and forks out.
You really haven't been paying attention if you think it's only the Pac-12.
(And what are "pitch and forks"? Never heard of that phrase.)

Arizona it pains me to see them without their best player, am hoping she can comeback before the tournament.
I spoke with Cate Reese and Adia Barnes and they are really pissed at you for jinxing them like you did.

Reaction Score
You really haven't been paying attention if you think it's only the Pac-12.
(And what are "pitch and forks"? Never heard of that phrase.)

I spoke with Cate Reese and Adia Barnes and they are really pissed at you for jinxing them like you did.
doubtful. I knew Barnes a long time ago before you even knew who she was.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Beware of Seton Hall. They have won eight of their last nine.
SH beats DePaul 94-90 at DePaul. Until DePaul can play some form of consistent defense, they will not make any noise. This BE parity is annoying

Reaction Score
All the more reason she feels deeply betrayed by the jinx you cast over her team.
what was the excuse vs Louisville? Oh yea they were healthy and humiliated them. :)

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
@Plebe on my Hulu Live program guide DePaul at Creighton (12p, FloHoops) is on FS1.

Plebe

Reaction Score
what was the excuse vs Louisville? Oh yea they were healthy and humiliated them. :)
LOL what's that about Louisville? Gotta hand it to you, you are amazing at both regular jinxes and reverse jinxes! How'd that beatdown feel on your favorite team today?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom