Week 16 - Feb 19 to 25 (games, conf standings, NET) | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Week 16 - Feb 19 to 25 (games, conf standings, NET)

Reaction Score
Vandy up 9 going to fourth period. Going to come down to the wire. It's the Vandy way.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Oregon is the gift that keeps on giving. Gave both of the Washington schools much needed victories this weekend.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Brink was out sick for the past week, and our fan board reported that Bosgana hacked up a lung on Friday and never went back on the court after she was subbed out 3 minutes in. And Brink has missed about as many free throws today as all season total. Who knows who else has it... Plus Lepolo is out with a knee thing. Not making excuses, but we sound like we're definitely not "staffing at" 100 percent.
That big Stanford @ Oregon St. showdown next weekend might not be what it should've been if both teams can't get healthy.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
@nwhoopfan

Thank you for supporting Washington Women's Basketball. It is because of fans and alumni like you that we've been able to build a winning program Husky Nation can be proud of. I know you will join me in feeling great about our chances for a post-season bid after beating a top 10 Oregon State team today...and who knows, we may end up getting one of the top seeds in the upcoming Womens' National Invitation Tournament. Great things are ahead of Washington Women's Basketball, and I hope you are as excited about the future as I am, and that we can all go on this journey of excellence together, for many, many years.

Best Regards,

Tina
Tina 2.jpg

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Pretty ugly finish but Drake hangs on against Northern Iowa.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
@nwhoopfan

Thank you for supporting Washington Women's Basketball. It is because of fans and alumni like you that we've been able to build a winning program Husky Nation can be proud of. I know you will join me in feeling great about our chances for a post-season bid after beating a top 10 Oregon State team today...and who knows, we may end up getting one of the top seeds in the upcoming Womens' National Invitation Tournament. Great things are ahead of Washington Women's Basketball, and I hope you are as excited about the future as I am, and that we can all go on this journey of excellence together, for many, many years.

Best Regards,

Tina
View attachment 96906
I like both teams, but UW is going nowhere and this hurts Oregon St., so not really what I was hoping for today. Oh well.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Iriafen w/ a 20/20 game. Brink approaching a triple double, won't quite get there. 14 pts/9 reb/7 assist/5 blocks, that's some stat sheet stuffing. Stanford wins 81-67.

Utah trying to hang on against USC. Utes and Huskies might've just gift wrapped the Pac 12 title for the Card.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Stanford 2 games up in the standings now. Winner of UCLA/Colorado on Monday will be in a 3 way tie for 2nd w/ Oregon St. and USC.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Huge win for Utah at USC. I don't see how they can be denied a top 16 hosting spot at this point.

Pili had a quiet game until 4Q and then completely took over. Vieira fouled out with over 7:00 left and Johnson left the game with about 3 minutes left after getting a poke to the eye. Pili was all clutch in this game.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Vandy up 9 going to fourth period. Going to come down to the wire. It's the Vandy way.
There was a Kyla Irwin sighting on the bench (this is the first time viewing a Vandy game).
Saylor and Shea shared a big hug both in the handshake line and right after all the handshaking was finished. Very cool IMO.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
If that is so, why is it that their SoS by Massey is 49 today and is estimated to be 45 at the end of the season.

I'm just replaying what they said about NET... I found it hard to believe when I heard it, but it did sound good so I posted it

Oh, there’s a BBQ festival today?

They never have BBQ festivals on Sundays.... in fact, all of the bbq restaurants across the state are closed on Sundays.. except for the Smithfield chain

Methinks Triad is either just pulling The Deacon's leg, MSGRET, or Triad has yet to learn we shouldn't always trust everything said on various game broadcasts.

Never again will I trust the GaTech announcers.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Thank goodness the hapless Wake beat Georgia Tech today, hopefully that'll squelch any foolish notions that GT deserves an NCAA bid, despite Wes Moore's best efforts to make them appear deserving.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
My favorite (not) announcer, Debbie Antonelli, was talking about quad wins in the USC/Utah game, and I was screaming at the tv that they don't use that metric for WBB in NCAA tourney.

we need to have a discussion.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I like both teams, but UW is going nowhere and this hurts Oregon St., so not really what I was hoping for today. Oh well.
It won't hurt Oregon State much, as long as Beers can return healthy. Her absence will be noted by the committee.

Any word on her condition? Is it just a broken nose, or is there a concussion concern?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
It won't hurt Oregon State much, as long as Beers can return healthy. Her absence will be noted by the committee.

Any word on her condition? Is it just a broken nose, or is there a concussion concern?
Much talk, but I'm not sure if anything has been confirmed. I think she is on concussion protocol, but I don't know that for sure.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom