Week 15 preview (Feb. 14-20) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Week 15 preview (Feb. 14-20)

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Huge win by Iowa over Indiana
Very interesting. After being unable to find BTN+ via HULU Live and the Fox Sports app, I was watching the ESPN gamecast. Now if @Vowelguy posted this when the game was over, the gamecast was 15 minutes behind the actual game.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
It was a blowout for 3 quarters and then Indiana scored 42 in 4Q to make it close!

Probably the most balanced scoring Iowa's had at any time this year. Czinano and Warnock both had over 20, Clark with 18 points and 12 assists (!!), and Marshall and Martin were both in double figures.

Not sure if Holmes' minutes were limited by foul trouble or she's just being phased back in. Anyway, Indiana gets its chance at revenge in Iowa City on Monday night.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Very interesting. After being unable to find BTN+ via HULU Live and the Fox Sports app, I was watching the ESPN gamecast. Now if @Vowelguy posted this when the game was over, the gamecast was 15 minutes behind the actual game.
It was the longest 3+ minutes I've ever seen on the gamecast. It seemed to be almost 20 minutes. Iowa was lucky to have had the 22 point lead going into the 4th because IU woke up. I'm happy as a pig in "you know what" with those Hoosiers losing.

Reaction Score
It was a blowout for 3 quarters and then Indiana scored 42 in 4Q to make it close!

Probably the most balanced scoring Iowa's had at any time this year. Czinano and Warnock both had over 20, Clark with 18 points and 12 assists (!!), and Marshall and Martin were both in double figures.

Not sure if Holmes' minutes were limited by foul trouble or she's just being phased back in. Anyway, Indiana gets its chance at revenge in Iowa City on Monday night.
I have BTN+ and can concur regarding Iowa's scoring balance. The rebounding margin to their advantage was huge as well, I believe.

Reaction Score
The wild thing was Iowa had a giant lead when Clark struggled earlier in the game.

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
The wild thing was Iowa had a giant lead when Clark struggled earlier in the game.
May have struggled scoring, but Clark made them pay with her passes early on. Indiana was bringing a very hard hedge when Clark came off ball screens, but wasn't recovering as quickly as they usually do. It resulted in a lot of uncontested threes and easy buckets for Czinano down low.

The balanced scoring definitely stands out, but even more importantly, and more likely to go unnoticed is, is Iowa's rebounding balance. So many games it's been just Clark and Warnock getting rebounds. And with Warnock injured for a while, the team really struggled there more than anything. Tonight all the starters had at least 4 and no more than 10. Great to see. I actually wish Clark didn't have as many triple doubles as she does because it's not a good sign when your point guard can singlehandedly outrebound your frontcourt.

Re: Holmes -- some of both. They are definitely bringing her back slowly, which was more apparent in the IU/Northwestern game on Thursday. But today Czinano was also doing a great job drawing fouls on her post ups. If Holmes can get her conditioning back by the postseason it will be huge for Indiana.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Iowa State clobbering Oklahoma at end of the 3rd quarter.
OU has had quite the fall recently.

If Iowa St can pull off a win against Baylor, they could win the Big 12. Thats a big IF though. Its at Iowa St, the crowd will probably be loud and rowdy, its certainly possible but Iowa St has not fared well recently against defenses that have been stingy.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
OU has had quite the fall recently.

If Iowa St can pull off a win against Baylor, they could win the Big 12. Thats a big IF though. Its at Iowa St, the crowd will probably be loud and rowdy, its certainly possible but Iowa St has not fared well recently against defenses that have been stingy.
ISU has absolutely no one to match up with Queen Egbo an NaLyssa Smith. But, with Baylor's very short bench, if ISU can get them into foul trouble and on the bench for extended stretches, that could give ISU a chance if they are also draining 3's.

Reaction Score
ISU has absolutely no one to match up with Queen Egbo an NaLyssa Smith. But, with Baylor's very short bench, if ISU can get them into foul trouble and on the bench for extended stretches, that could give ISU a chance if they are also draining 3's.
I don’t see it happening but OU was able to slice Baylor up defensively. It’s always a different animal when you are on the road. Things happen. Hopefully it’s a good game.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
BYU blew out Gonzaga today. They just about have first place locked up in their conference.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
It was the longest 3+ minutes I've ever seen on the gamecast. It seemed to be almost 20 minutes. Iowa was lucky to have had the 22 point lead going into the 4th because IU woke up. I'm happy as a pig in "you know what" with those Hoosiers losing.
Here in the south, the phrase is "happier than a pig in slop".

Centerstream

Reaction Score
@Plebe I am guessing that every one of us Huskie fans knows where to watch today's game by now, however, your list does not. :)
But it is kinda late so maybe an edit is not necessary:
Georgetown at #10 UConn (2p, ACCNX)

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I'm curious to see how Louisville handles all the weapons of Virginia Tech. It is Senior Day at Louisville. This will be the only regular-season meeting between the two teams.

I'm actually entertaining the idea of recording NC State's Senior Day game against Syracuse to watch Louisville/Virginia Tech live.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I'm curious to see how Louisville handles all the weapons of Virginia Tech. It is Senior Day at Louisville. This will be the only regular-season meeting between the two teams.

I'm actually entertaining the idea of recording NC State's Senior Day game against Syracuse to watch Louisville/Virginia Tech live.
Oh for the days when Picture in Picture was available...

Plebe

Reaction Score
Wow ESPN is really showing its UConn bias -- this is its main page ESPN.com

1645380009135.png

Plebe

Reaction Score
A win today over Syracuse will clinch the ACC regular season crown for NC State. It would be first regular season title for NC State since the 1989-90 season, a span of 32 years!
There were a lot of years there in the 90s when UNC seemed to dominate, and then Duke really emerged in the late 90s and early 00s, and then of course Maryland ascended in the mid-2000s. I remember the Chasity Melvin days, and I don't remember NC State being either great or terrible throughout all those years pre-Wes.

Congrats to NC State.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
There were a lot of years there in the 90s when UNC seemed to dominate, and then Duke really emerged in the late 90s and early 00s, and then of course Maryland ascended in the mid-2000s. I remember the Chasity Melvin days, and I don't remember NC State being either great or terrible throughout all those years pre-Wes.

Congrats to NC State.
We had solid teams there in the mid to late 1990s, with Melvin at center. She holds the scoring record for a national semifinal game, scoring 37 in our loss to Louisiana Tech in the 1998 Final Four.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom