Week 15 Other Games | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Week 15 Other Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

caw

Reaction Score
After watching a game and a half of St. Mary's and I just can't picture them as anything but a very good mid-major. BTW the mullet on the dude from LMU, just wow.

As I said.

St. Mary's drops to LMU in OT. St. Mary's is very good positionally on defense but just slow, LMU exploited that.

Reaction Score
As I said.

St. Mary's drops to LMU in OT. St. Mary's is very good positionally on defense but just slow, LMU exploited that.
St Mary's doesn't have the resume. I don't understand how they can be ranked that high. How do people do rankings at all? It makes no sense.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
There are a lot of fun games around the country today. This could turn into one of those days where a lot of favorites and big names go down.

Reaction Score
Fla just blew up at large chances losing at home to Vandy

Reaction Score
Iowa St and Oklahoma St are in a tight one with 6 minutes left

I think we’re rooting for OSU here. Both are currently Q1 wins but this would give OSU some breathing room (34 NET, top 50 is Q1 for neutral courts)

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
A lot of bad or questionable losses today:

Oregon State beats USC, which was in decent shape for an at-large but keeps picking up bad losses.

Tennessee loses at home to Missouri. Tennessee lost to Vandy earlier in the week.

Kentucky lost to Georgia.

Rutgers lost its second in a row.

Wisconsin lost to Nebraska and isn't even on the bubble anymore.

Kansas State may be turning into a pumpkin, losing to Texas Tech, making it three losses of its last four games.

Iowa State lost to Okie State, making it 4 losses in its last 5 games.

Duke lost, which is always fun.

Clemson has been exposed as a paper tiger, losing to UNC and making it 3 in a row.

At the rate the Top 25 is losing, there will be multiple 10 loss teams in the Top 25 at season's end.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Oregon looks good early. Were they missing players when UConn played them?

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
something in the air today (this season). soon to be back in the rankings fau, had to go to ot to win at home. they did. 23-2.
mr g had 7 dimes. of course he led both teams. clutch cargo.

and now, he's 3/1 a/to.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
UCLA and Oregon are two talented, athletic teams, and the refs are taking over the game and ruining it. Let them play.

Reaction Score

I think we’re rooting for OSU here. Both are currently Q1 wins but this would give OSU some breathing room (34 NET, top 50 is Q1 for neutral courts)

Our game against OSU was at home so this was a good result; we want them in top 30

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Gonzaga got some major referee assistance to beat BYU at home.

San Jose State may have landed a fatal blow to Utah State's at-large chances.

Reaction Score
Our game against OSU was at home so this was a good result; we want them in top 30
Oh wow you’re right, not sure why I thought it was neutral lol

They jumped from 34 to 29 after the win, so they’re now Q1! UConn has 6 Q1 wins as of this morning

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

Oregon State beats USC, which was in decent shape for an at-large but keeps picking up bad losses.

Tennessee loses at home to Missouri. Tennessee lost to Vandy earlier in the week.

Kansas State may be turning into a pumpkin, losing to Texas Tech, making it three losses of its last four games.

Clemson has been exposed as a paper tiger, losing to UNC and making it 3 in a row.

At the rate the Top 25 is losing, there will be multiple 10 loss teams in the Top 25 at season's end.
#4 Arizona loses at Stanford.
Gonzaga got some major referee assistance to beat BYU at home.

San Jose State may have landed a fatal blow to Utah State's at-large chances.

This is why I'm not concerned when UConn demolishes Marquette and loses a coin-flip game at Creighton in the same week. Spin a wheel, throw a dart at the board to figure out a Final Four. But we've got a shot.

Reaction Score
This is why I'm not concerned when UConn demolishes Marquette and loses a coin-flip game at Creighton in the same week. Spin a wheel, throw a dart at the board to figure out a Final Four. But we've got a shot.
Exactly. So much parity in college basketball. In games between good teams, home courts are the difference makers win or lose. But anything is possible on neutral courts. Should be a wild ride in MSG and the big dance.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

The teams that make the Final Four will most likely be the ones that had the easiest path to the Final Four. UConn's top teams that made the Final Four played a 10 seed (Gonzaga 1999), an 8 seed (Alabama 2004), a 3 seed (Missouri 2009), a 5 seed (Arizona 2011) and a 4 seed (Michigan State 2014). UConn didn't have to play the highest potential seed in their region to make the Final Four in those years. Arguably, the 2014 run was against the highest seeds of any of UConn's Final Four runs, which made sense since UConn was a 7 seed that year. UConn only played the 2nd highest potential seed once in that stretch. Places where UConn got stopped on its way to the Final Four: 1990 (Duke 3 seed), 1995 (UCLA 1 seed), 1998 (UNC 1 seed), 2002 (Maryland 1 seed), and of course, 2006 (George Mason 11 seed). UConn played really well in both the 1995 Final Eight and the 2002 Final Eight, but the opponent was just too good. You know the best way to avoid playing other top teams before the Final Eight? Get a higher seeding.

5 or fewer teams of every seed 5 or worse have made the Final Four in the history of the NCAA Tournament. 13 4's, 17 3's, 30 2's and 59 1's have made the Final Four. Part of that is that the higher ranked teams are generally better, but a big part is that it is hard to beat a lot of good teams in a row, so the further a team can go before having to face top competition, the better.

Reaction Score

That road win actually jumped the OSU win to Q1. It was Q2 before since that was a home win. It was a really good result for us.

Reaction Score
The teams that make the Final Four will most likely be the ones that had the easiest path to the Final Four. UConn's top teams that made the Final Four played a 10 seed (Gonzaga 1999), an 8 seed (Alabama 2004), a 3 seed (Missouri 2009), a 5 seed (Arizona 2011) and a 4 seed (Michigan State 2014). UConn didn't have to play the highest potential seed in their region to make the Final Four in those years. Arguably, the 2014 run was against the highest seeds of any of UConn's Final Four runs, which made sense since UConn was a 7 seed that year. UConn only played the 2nd highest potential seed once in that stretch. Places where UConn got stopped on its way to the Final Four: 1990 (Duke 3 seed), 1995 (UCLA 1 seed), 1998 (UNC 1 seed), 2002 (Maryland 1 seed), and of course, 2006 (George Mason 11 seed). UConn played really well in both the 1995 Final Eight and the 2002 Final Eight, but the opponent was just too good. You know the best way to avoid playing other top teams before the Final Eight? Get a higher seeding.

5 or fewer teams of every seed 5 or worse have made the Final Four in the history of the NCAA Tournament. 13 4's, 17 3's, 30 2's and 59 1's have made the Final Four. Part of that is that the higher ranked teams are generally better, but a big part is that it is hard to beat a lot of good teams in a row, so the further a team can go before having to face top competition, the better.
I don't think that it's the seeding per se - it's the matchups in terms of the way the opponent matches up strength and weakness wise. Give us a neutral court and a good matchup and we'll be tough to beat.

The Big East started slowly (other than us) in non-conference play and since conference play started, the Big East has really come on strongly. So, the conference is eating its own but I think there'll be several tough "outs" come the big dance (hopefully including us).

What has anyone seen over the past week that makes one think that we can't compete at a high level? We blew out Marquette at home and played petty much an even game with Creighton on their court. Steel makes steel stronger.

Keeping the faith!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

And down goes Purdue!
(In Evanston, to Northwestern)

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
something in the air today (this season). soon to be back in the rankings fau, had to go to ot to win at home. they did. 23-2.
mr g had 7 dimes. of course he led both teams. clutch cargo.

and now, he's 3/1 a/to.
Your hype is lively enough for me to take look after each time you post on Jalen.

The 3-1 assist-to-turnover ratio is the real deal, and no small thing, but you puff up his performance in nearly every other dimension too far beyond reality to match your rhetoric.

FAU deserves high credit for being 7-0 in games decided by 5 or fewer points, including winning five such games in a row about a month ago. They know how to win, which is enviable.

The team has 9 guys in rotation, with 7 above 20 minutes per game. I'm glad you're enjoying their success.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
Your hype is lively enough for me to take look after each time you post on Jalen.

The 3-1 assist-to-turnover ratio is the real deal, and no small thing, but you puff up his performance in nearly every other dimension too far beyond reality to match your rhetoric.

FAU deserves high credit for being 7-0 in games decided by 5 or fewer points, including winning five such games in a row about a month ago. They know how to win, which is enviable.

The team has 9 guys in rotation, with 7 above 20 minutes per game. I'm glad you're enjoying their success.
Good for Jalen.

What's the quality of the opponents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member