Week 15 Other Games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Week 15 Other Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
UNC loses and Kentucky gets thumped at home by a team that probably won't make the Tournament. Louisville's dumpster fire of a season continues apace, and Auburn picks up its 7th loss. All-in-all, a good night around college basketball.

Seton Hall definitely upgraded with Shaheen Holloway over Kevin Willard. Willard's teams just seem soft.

Reaction Score
UNC loses and Kentucky gets thumped at home by a team that probably won't make the Tournament. Louisville's dumpster fire of a season continues apace, and Auburn picks up its 7th loss. All-in-all, a good night around college basketball.

Seton Hall definitely upgraded with Shaheen Holloway over Kevin Willard. Willard's teams just seem soft.
Arkansas probably makes Tourney but always nice to see KY lose big in a half empty Rupp.

Last edited:

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Arkansas probably makes Tourney but always nice to see KY lose big in a half empty Rupp.

I haven't followed Arkansas that closely, but I thought they had a key injury that would kill their chances. I guess not. Smith has only played 5 games, so he shouldn't matter that much to the Selection Committee.

caw

Reaction Score
So UK vs UNC NCAAT in Dayton first four? If they are even eligible for it the way both teams are sliding.

Reaction Score
I haven't followed Arkansas that closely, but I thought they had a key injury that would kill their chances. I guess not. Smith has only played 5 games, so he shouldn't matter that much to the Selection Committee.
Arkansas had key injuries but figured things out & playing better now...won 5 of 6. They are no lock but decent chance to make Tourney.

caw

Reaction Score
ISU down to WVU. Good for possible seeding down the road for UConn. ISU is probably one of the teams in the 3-4 seed range right now.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Texas Tech quietly having possibly the worst season of any program in college basketball. Texas Tech started the season at 25 and 24 in the rankings, and is now 12-12. Tech recently beat Iowa State, but after that, #124 Eastern Washington is Tech's next best win.

Reaction Score
Tennessee weird team. Gets beat by a Vandy team that just lost to Bama 101-44.

During PCs game last night they mentioned Jerry Palm had them at a 7 seed? Is he kidding where are we then?:eek:

caw

Reaction Score
Tennessee weird team. Gets beat by a Vandy team that just lost to Bama 101-44.

During PCs game last night they mentioned Jerry Palm had them at a 7 seed? Is he kidding where are we then?:eek:

PC? Seven seems about right for them right now. Their current resume isn't very good compared to other top teams.

PC stands at 18-6 with a NET of 36, 5-6 now in Quad 1 (3-5) and Quad 2 (2-1) games. No bad losses but no good neutral court wins. Zip OOC. Best road win is SHU (54). Sagarin at 28, Kenpom at 29.

UConn stands at 19-6 with a NET of 7 and at 8-5 in Quad 1 (5-5) and Quad 2 (3-0) games. One bad loss with two good neutral court wins. Best road win is UF (higher NET than SHU at 42). Sagarin at 7, Kenpom at 6.

Conference records are important but so are OOC. UConn built a much better OOC resume than any other BE team. Palm has UConn as a five seed BTW as of 2/6/2023, so before the Marquette game, not sure if that will move them up.

For comparison sixteen top teams (including UConn above), Q1 and Q2 games record:

Houston (11-1)
Tennessee (8-5) now after losing last night
Bama (11-3)
Purdue (12-2)
UCLA (10-4)
St. Mary's (7-2)
Kansas (14-5) and that's why I think they could be a one seed
Texas (10-5)
Zona (11-2)
Baylor (10-6)
ISU (9-6)
Zags(8-4)
UVA (8-4)
Marquette (8-5)
Xavier (11-4)

PC's 5-6 is not good enough for a top four seed. They are crushing it in conference but OOC is a big portion of the season it's a large part of what caps your potential seeding. PC played three good OOC games and lost all three. PC walked into conference a bubble team at best. Moving up to a seven is already impressive. They can pick up five more Q1, Q2 wins not including the BET if they win out. Not sure how far up that would move them considering at least nine top teams already have 10+ Q1, Q2 wins and other teams will not remain stagnant.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Louisville says hello

I am very much enjoying how terrible Louisville is, but everyone knew they would kind of suck. I don't think anyone thought they were going to be "losing to Bellarmine" bad, but it is not a surprise that they are bad. Texas Tech was a Top 25 team at the beginning of the season.

Reaction Score
I am very much enjoying how terrible Louisville is, but everyone knew they would kind of suck. I don't think anyone thought they were going to be "losing to Bellarmine" bad, but it is not a surprise that they are bad. Texas Tech was a Top 25 team at the beginning of the season.
People thought Louisville would be bad, but they were picked 12th/16 in the ACC. Not even last. They're 330th in the NET. 330th! That's not "losing to Bellarmine bad". That's "being pre-game underdogs at home to 260th Bellaremine" bad.

Reaction Score
You have to double Edey because he'll score if you don't

You can't double Edey because he's so patient and a pretty good passer

I really have no idea how to guard this Purdue team. They're running through Iowa right now

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
Purdue had a 21 point lead, down to 8. We would be having a nervous breakdown. Iowa has shot 80% in the 2nd half

Reaction Score
watching NW vs Ohio state, looks like everyone came to the game dressed as an empty seat. NW is winning a close game.

Reaction Score

I really have no idea how to guard this Purdue team. They're running through Iowa right now

They let Iowa score a bunch of them though. They had like 21 at the half and finished with 73.

caw

Reaction Score

Defending them is a hassle just because of Edey. Best I can figure is you play him man-to-man and make him beat you. Then you have to rebound defensively.

I think you have to have a very good offense to beat them. Mobile center who can move Edey around when he is on defense. Marquette played them really tough. I think a healthy X would give them fits with their shooting, Nunge couldn't stop Edey but he would make him work on both ends. Zona might also give him problems with the way they run and while not tall their center is a load.

Reaction Score
They let Iowa score a bunch of them though. They had like 21 at the half and finished with 73.
Yeah, Iowa actually answered my question by abusing Purdue with a full court press to get a lot of turnovers and momentum haha

caw

Reaction Score
After watching a game and a half of St. Mary's and I just can't picture them as anything but a very good mid-major. BTW the mullet on the dude from LMU, just wow.

Reaction Score

Nice having 2 Freshmen who can shoot and handle the ball

Reaction Score
After watching a game and a half of St. Mary's and I just can't picture them as anything but a very good mid-major. BTW the mullet on the dude from LMU, just wow.
Mahaney is nasty, that kid will play in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom